My First Ever Car - My Vista QJD AURA ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61
@roadracer... like i mentioned above, to tackle mileage issue, they have re-set ECU to factory readings even though it did not throw up error codes. I have to check mileage tomorrow and day after. Mr.Rakesh was more than willing to help me on this issue and said that the service advisor would accompany me on my next visit to their service station during my 3rd free service at 10k kms. I will update you on the same.

Thread Starter #62
10k service update

Hi everyone.
I am back to update on the 3rd free service which my car underwent yesterday at Concorde Motors, Dairy circle, Bangalore. Odo reading at the time of service was 10013km. The only issue i was facing was the consistent poor mileage from the car apart from which nothing else has been nagging me.

The engine oil was changed to Castrol magnatech 15W40 of 3.2L quantity costing 920 bucks. Diesel filter changed for Rs 358. Wheels rotated, balanced and aligned for 380+150 bucks. Apart from this, the usual 3rd service stuff were carried out as per service schedule chart. total bill came upto 2180 rupees. No add-ons like underbody coating etc were done on it. Car is running on stock. No mods whatsoever. Service advisor said that ECU has been re-mapped for poor mileage complaint. I have to check that in another week. Will update if there is any improvement. Overall happy with the car as of now [clap]

That's nice Simha.Share some photos know it would be nice to see your car and i like the color of your car.
Car is running on stock. No mods whatsoever.
It feels somewhat nice to see our cars in stock condition isn't it.

Re: 10k service update

Hi everyone.
I am back to update on the 3rd free service which my car underwent yesterday at Concorde Motors, Dairy circle, Bangalore. Odo reading at the time of service was 10013km. The only issue i was facing was the consistent poor mileage from the car apart from which nothing else has been nagging me.

The engine oil was changed to Castrol magnatech 15W40 of 3.2L quantity costing 920 bucks. Diesel filter changed for Rs 358. Wheels rotated, balanced and aligned for 380+150 bucks. Apart from this, the usual 3rd service stuff were carried out as per service schedule chart. total bill came upto 2180 rupees. No add-ons like underbody coating etc were done on it. Car is running on stock. No mods whatsoever. Service advisor said that ECU has been re-mapped for poor mileage complaint. I have to check that in another week. Will update if there is any improvement. Overall happy with the car as of now [clap]
Is it Synthetic Oil Buddy?

What are the Benefits of ECU remapping & is there any scheduled period to remap the ECU?

Thread Starter #65
@vishwas, buddy.. pls give me some time. I will take pics and post them here. I will be completely held up in the next 2 weeks at office. Hectic work coming up. Ya, it feels good to keep the car running on stock. I am not a mod guy!

@Appu, the engine oil is completely mineral. No synthetics at all. The benefits of re-mapping ECU must be known from experts. I do not know in what way it affects the way a car handles or delivers mileage etc. From what i know little on this, when the car is connected to the laptop and is made to run a diagnostic scanner, the ECU may throw up errors in the form of error codes which the mechanics diagonise and repair/re-set. There is no scheduled re-map period for this. You should get it done only when the car is not in the best of its health.

Thread Starter #67
Hi everyone. It's been a long long time since I updated this thread. Let me give you all a detailed report on my car owning experience. I have every single bill and other service related document available with me right from the booking form to the latest 30,000km service job card. I've always got my car serviced at Concorde motors, Dairy circle outlet in Bangalore. Except in one case where I had to get some minor dent repaired and re-painted on the rear left door. I got it done with a local mechanic who did a very good job. I paid 10k for it. I've had cordial relationship with Concorde motors. Thankfully, the car seems to be running fine and nothing to complain about the service offered.

During the 3rd service way back in July 2012, I had an issue with the gas struts of the hatch door. Since the parts were not available, I replaced them later. I need to dig into a file full of documents to check the bill amount I paid. Please pardon me. The other issue faced was the difficulty in opening the hatch door lock whenever I used the key to open it. It was resolved during one of the service.

My car was hit by a 2 wheeler on the front right bumper when he tried to overtake a car which had come to a stop at an intersection. The biker fell from his bike and was unhurt. My car's bumper bore the burnt of his stupidity. The bumper got dislodged from its locks. No matter how many times I tried to push it in, it simply refused to stay in its place. It's during one those "Free service check up" camps I took my car to KHT motors, Whitefield and complained about the dislodged bumper. Apart from the free car wash, general check up, oil and liquid top up, KHT guys fixed up the bumper for free :P They didn't charge me a rupee! In addition to this, I also got a free Fiber car wash cloth and a 30ml bottle of washer fluid with additives to remove scratches on the windscreen :D I wrote an appreciation letter to TaMo and in turn I received a TaMo T Shirt, a cap, a diary, a Vista car scale model and a thank you letter from the service head of TaMo. I also participated in one of the contests held online by TaMo and I again got a Vista car scale model. Lol. So, I basically had 2 scale models of my car ;)

I have forgotten to include lot more details in my ownership report. In early 2012, if I remember correctly, TaMo arranged a family outing day for all "NEW" TATA car owners at Club Cabana on Airport road on the outskirts of the city. We were given a heads up on this and a company representative personally dropped in at our house to invite our family to the annual family outing. The whole arrangement was very nice and top notch. At the arrival counter, we were welcomed with a fruit drink. Valet car parking was available and were given a brief up of the events and activities to be held that day. We were served variety of food spread across a large buffet. I have loads of pics taken but they are all in my hard drive now. Overall, it was a very nice experience and feeling of belongingness to the TATA family. My car ownership experience isn't about the car alone! It includes things like these too!

Now, coming back to the car, I recently sent my car on Oct 4th for the 30k service. The only issue was the combination switch. After turning right, the combi switch never used to go back to its stationary position. It was replaced at a cost of 850 rupees. A wiper blade was replaced. And the rest were normal engine oil change, air filter, diesel filter change etc. The clutch, the brakes, the shock absorbers and other suspension related components are working fine. No need to replace them as of now. My car has run solely on mineral engine oil of 15W40. Never used synthetic since it's quite expensive. Since it was a paid service, the bill came up to 4800 odd rupees. I got the wheels aligned and balanced at Madhu's tyre car clinic on Langford road. They did a great job. The car doesn't pull in any direction nor does the steering vibrate at higher speeds. Unfortunately, a year ago or so, a lady driven XUV 500 rammed into the back of my car which resulted in a minor dent on the dickey door and the stepney wheel well caved in! It became little difficult to remove the spare wheel from its place! I used the tyre a lot times from then on. 2 of the 5 tyres in my car developed side wall punctures. I got them repaired from a local puncture shop where they have a special method of melting the sidewalls and reinforcing them with additional rubber material. Thankfully, the puncture has held up its strength. No bulge or no bubbles have appeared. When my car was undergoing tyre rotation at Madhu's clinic, the mechanic inspected the spare wheel and concluded that the tyre had twisted due to an impact! I suspect it must be the wheel which was impacted due to the foolish lady who rammed her car into my car's dickey. He strongly recommended I dispose the tyre and buy a new one immediately. The tyre isn't even fit enough for small runs. :'( He also said the stock GoodYear GT3 tyres are of crap quality. I partially agreed with him. The rubber is hard and it makes a lot of road noise. The ride quality is ok though. So, I might have to shell out 4000 odd rupees on a new tyre anytime soon! My car is right now at Concorde motors work shop for the "Free service check up"camp arranged by TaMo. The car has developed issues like squeaking brakes, engine guard makes juddering noise, the seat belt buzzer not working. I hope to receive the
car back with the issues resolved. I mentioned in one of the other threads yesterday that one of the glow plugs had gone kaput and I replaced them. I bought a spare part for a TATA car from a Maruti Suzuki genuine spares outlet :D haha!

So, friends, this is the latest update I have as of today. I will try to update it on regular basis. Your comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thread Starter #68
Hi Everyone.
It's been close to 2 years since I updated this thread. I have a major update to announce. The car is sold! Yes, I had to sell my car because I relocated to Europe. I have plans of staying in Europe for a long term. Hence, I had to sell my car to meet personal expenses.

My car was maintained in top notch condition before I sold it. No niggles, never stranded me anywhere. No nonsense car. Thanks to TATA Motors. I have a lot of sweet memories to recall when I owned it. Many long distance travels to holiday destinations, innumerable drives to home town, carrying loads of luggage(thanks to 60:40 split). I can certainly say it was a memorable event and experience to have owned a Tata car.

Before selling my car, I got my car serviced at 38000km. I had quite a below par experience of servicing my car at Concorde motors, Dairy circle Bangalore. The bill was inflated to 12000 odd rupees! I had no major work to be done. Just engine oil change, glow plug change(1), diesel filter etc. I was somehow not convinced with the ridiculously inflated bill. I just let it go since I was about to sell my car then.

To rub salt on wound, I had a bitter experience selling the car too! A total stranger contacted me on OLX to buy my car. Well, what unfolded from the day of first contact to the final sell off calls for a different thread. I do not want to recall all the nonsense I had to go through because of him. Absolutely unprofessional!
I wish him happy and safe motoring.

I request mods to update the thread title to "sold" and also close the thread, if needed.

Thats So sad Simha, we might need to know the cause of selling experience for people to not land in a trap or be victimized, so whenever you find time and get your courage back, please enlighten us what you had to deal with(By starting a separate thread), I sense there was some urgency while selling your used car in a hurry and that buyer cashed in your situation.

Wishing you a happy life and hope to see your new acquisition soon in Europe!

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom