My First Dream Hatchback (5-6 Lacs - OTR)

Best Hatchback

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
No Aks, I don't own the Figo. However, we're in the same position as you are, and the car we're almost sure about is the Figo petrol. However, let me also add to 350Z's statement. The Maruti Ritz has the cheapest spares in its segment. It's spare price basket amounts to a total of Rs.37,488. But you wanna know who's next? The Ford Figo! It has the second least expensive spares basket, at Rs.41,088. Now honestly, I don't think that's a big difference. At least not a decisive factor. The only compromise you'd have to make will be on the fuel-economy front, that too by a meagre 3-4 kms per litre. And let me also tell you that the Ritz will be nowhere near as fun to drive as the Figo. And seriously, I think isn't it better to stand out from the usual crop of people with a unique car of your own? Think about it. [;)]

OT-I am going to start a new thread about the list of spare part prices mentioned in this month's Autocar India very soon, as I think it can be helpful for many people.
Hi Amaan 1994,

Welcome to the family of confused buyers. Wow!!! thats good. Nice efforts from the Ford who are continuously(off-late) working to bring down the cost of ownership. Difference of spare parts is not a deal breaker for sure.

Did a small calculation on below parameters:

Petrol price @ 57/-
FE of Figo 11 kmpl and FE of Ritz 14 kmpl
Monthly Run = 1000 km
Excessive Fuel Cost incurred per month for Figo = 1110/-
Excessive Fuel Cost incurred per year for Figo = 13324/-

Now Fun to Drive factor will be more in Figo. Its a very precarious situation and believe me friends not a good position to be in.[frustration]

Even me & my wifey had started spotting a lot of Figo these days in Hyderabad. We end up matching counts of Figo spotted every day [:)] !!!!

I will be closely following the spare price thread for sure.

Thread Starter #32
Even the poll results are screwed and till now no decisive winner. Lets wait for the increase of counts.

FYI..i havent casted my vote yet as i am still confused[frustration]

@ Mod

Can we replace Figo to Figo(Petrol) so that members don't cast their vote assuming it as Figo Diesel ?

And let me also tell you that the Ritz will be nowhere near as fun to drive as the Figo.[;)]
are you comparing the drive of Ritz k12 with figo petrol? If yes, then you surely need to td both the cars. Since i have td both the cars i can firmly say that Ritz is a better performer than figo(petrol).

350Z

Core Team
Aks, Please do a detailed test drive of Ritz as well as Figo and discuss about it with your family because at the end, it is only and only you who can understand your requirements best than anyone else. This is such a situation where both the cars are good over each other in a few aspects, so go with the one which personally satisfies you most. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

The OTR prices for the various Ritz models in Hyd are:

Ritz VXi – 511868
Ritz VXi with ABS – 541682
Ritz Zxi – 585684

I started my budget with 5 lacs (OTR) however I stretched it later to 6 lacs (OTR) to accommodate the diesel engines (especially Ford Figo).
With few discounts in the tune of 20k being offered for Ritz I think Ritz VXi makes sense to me. But now the dilemma increases if I shell out 74k more then I will get below features as well:

• Dual Airbags
• Front ELR seatbelt with pretensioner
• ABS + EBD
• Body coloured door mirrors & handles
• Alloy wheels
• Rear window defogger
• Rear wiper & washer
• Tilt Steering
• Steering mounted controls
• Keyless Entry
• Radio CD with speakers
• Parcel Tray
• Seat height adjuster
• Cigar Lighter

I need to balance my requirements and budget. Between Ritz VXi with ABS & Ritz ZXi I think its Ritz ZXi is a complete winner as I will get above features if I shell out 44k more. So comparison boils down between Ritz VXi & Ritz ZXi if I have to choose Ritz. Thankfully I managed to eliminate one option…………….
Considering your budget (spending power), I will classify the above features into following groups:
Must To Have

• ABS + EBD
• Dual Airbags
• Front ELR seat belt with pretensioner
• Rear window defogger

Good To Have

• Alloy wheels
• Tilt Steering
• Seat height adjuster
• Rear wiper & washer

Nice To Have

• Keyless Entry
• Radio CD with speakers
• Parcel Tray
• Cigar Lighter
ABS & EBD is a must to have feature any day! I feel it as an essential security measure especially during sudden braking (both wet and dry conditions). I don't have to explain you the use of Air Bags. Majority of people thinks, these 2 essential security features as unnecessary add-ons available in the top model. Instead they spends 20K to 40K easily on ICE, another 15K to 25K on alloy wheels, 6 to 14K on leather seat covers, etc. [frustration] No one realizes the fact that safety comes first and style next! All these 'fun to drive' factors holds good only if you and you are family are secure inside the car! I always like Alloy wheels, and trust me man, Ritz looks damn hot with proper alloys.

I will not take any other features even into considerations, if I am getting DFA, ABS, EBD, Alloy Wheels and Steering mounted controls if I shell out 44k more. Just go blindly for Zxi and you will never ever regret for your decision [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
are you comparing the drive of Ritz k12 with figo petrol? If yes, then you surely need to td both the cars. Since i have td both the cars i can firmly say that Ritz is a better performer than figo(petrol).
Aks, Please do a detailed test drive of Ritz as well as Figo and discuss about it with your family because at the end, it is only and only you who can understand your requirements best than anyone else. This is such a situation where both the cars are good over each other in a few aspects, so go with the one which personally satisfies you most. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z
@ Akash & 350Z

True .. i need to test drive all the available options to decide better. I will plan a TD in few weeks. I have seen all my options in flesh and have taken a feel of them ( standstill mode only though ). Now time has come to make them move and do the talking. Will update once I Td these cars. Hope only one option comes as a winner and no sharing of podium.

Considering your budget (spending power), I will classify the above features into following groups:
Must To Have

• ABS + EBD
• Dual Airbags
• Front ELR seat belt with pretensioner
• Rear window defogger

Good To Have

• Alloy wheels
• Tilt Steering
• Seat height adjuster
• Rear wiper & washer

Nice To Have

• Keyless Entry
• Radio CD with speakers
• Parcel Tray
• Cigar Lighter
ABS & EBD is a must to have feature any day! I feel it as an essential security measure especially during sudden braking (both wet and dry conditions). I don't have to explain you the use of Air Bags. Majority of people thinks, these 2 essential security features as unnecessary add-ons available in the top model. Instead they spends 20K to 40K easily on ICE, another 15K to 25K on alloy wheels, 6 to 14K on leather seat covers, etc. No one realizes the fact that safety comes first and style next! All these 'fun to drive' factors holds good only if you and you are family are secure inside the car! I always like Alloy wheels, and trust me man, Ritz looks damn hot with proper alloys.

I will not take any other features even into considerations, if I am getting DFA, ABS, EBD, Alloy Wheels and Steering mounted controls if I shell out 44k more. Just go blindly for Zxi and you will never ever regret for your decision
@ Shynish M,

Nice categorization of the choices[clap]. At any day Safety comes first. Time has come when Airbags + ABS should be made mandatory by the GOI. Kudos to Nissan for keeping Driver airbag in all versions of Micra.

Does Ritz ZXi come with airbag on/off switch option ? Might be helpful when I am driving alone and this option will let me to switch off front passenger airbag deploying option.

Even in my opinion ABS is must to have feature these days.

Do Ritz ZXi need a tyres upgrade ? It comes packaged with a 185/70 R 14 tyres.

@ Shynish M,

Nice categorization of the choices[clap].

Does Ritz ZXi come with airbag on/off switch option ? Might be helpful when I am driving alone and this option will let me to switch off front passenger airbag deploying option.

Do Ritz ZXi need a tyres upgrade ? It comes packaged with a 185/70 R 14 tyres.
Thanks man!

I am not sure about the Airbag On/Off switch. Airbag On/Off switches are meant for child safety. An airbag can seriously injure or even kill an unbuckled child who is sitting too close to it or is thrown toward the dash during emergency braking. So, placing yourself 10 inches (25 cm) from your driver airbag gives you a clear margin of safety. IMO, children should never ride in the front seat. If at all the kids are sitting in the front, the Airbag should be turned off for the passenger side. Rule says:

If a child over one year old must ride in the front seat with a passenger-side airbag, he or she should be in a front-facing child safety seat, a booster seat or a properly fitting lap/shoulder belt, and the seat should be moved as far back as possible.
It is legally banned to turn off Airbags with some exceptions.

• For both driver and passenger sides - Individuals with medical conditions in which the risks of deploying the airbag exceed the risk of impact in the absence of an airbag
  • For the driver side (in addition to medical conditions) - Those who cannot position themselves to properly operate their cars at least 10 inches (25.4 cm) back from the center of the driver airbag cover
  • For the passenger side (in addition to medical conditions) - Individuals who need to transport a baby in a rear-facing child restraint in the front seat because the car has no rear seat, the rear seat is too small to accommodate a rear-facing child seat or because it's necessary to constantly monitor a child's medical condition
  • For the passenger side (in addition to medical conditions) - Individuals who need to carry children between one and 12 years old in the front seat because (a) the car has no rear seat, (b) the vehicle owner must carry more children than can fit into the back seat or (c) because it's necessary to constantly monitor a child's health
This is the reason why Hyundai i20 has the Airbag On/Off switch. Also it is interesting to note that i20 Sportz comes with driver side airbag only and there is no on/off switch. I think you can get the On/Off switch fitted from the authorized service center (I am not sure about it).

Regarding upgrading the alloy wheels, I don't think you should go for that. Probably you can consider doing it when you are done with your stock tyres!

Thread Starter #39
Features Comparo

Hi All,

Though I know all of you are well aware of the features of the hatchbacks but thought of compiling it in one spreadsheet. Might be helpful for some prospect aka confused buyers.

The attached sheet contains the list of features for below models:

• Ritz ZXi
  • Ritz VXi
  • Wagon R VXi
  • Figo ZXi
  • i10 1.2 Sportz
  • i10 1.2 Magna

Please navigate to the various tabs like Exterior , Interior , Safety & Security, Color , Engine.

Though utmost care has taken in compiling and preparation of this sheet but if you find any issues please update the same.

Since spreadsheet cannt be attached with the post I am here by attaching the JPEG files of the various features.

Note: I havent considered the discounts being offered on Ritz as I am not
sure of how much exactly discounts being offered as of today.

Regards,
aks_hyd

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42
Aks, Where's the attached spreadsheet?

Drive Safe,
350Z
@ 350 Z ,

Can we attach the spreadsheet with the post ? I tried and got invalid file error. So taken the screenshot of the sheets and edited my last post to accomodate the JPEG files of the features.

Regards,
Aks

If you want to share a document in Microsoft office format, you may have to use the SkyDrive and upload the document as public. Alternatively, you can use Google Docs too.

Last edited:

Drive Safe,
350Z
@aks- If you want we can get a road test review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom