My First Diesel - FIAT Punto 1.3 Emotion - Initial Ownership Review

Why peoples are complaining about punto second gear? its really helpful for city driving. IN heavy traffic, you can easily manage on second gear.
Do not heed to what people say.Just believe they are being envious.

Punto is one brilliant Package,Very 'Emotion'al.It will never let your spirit down.

Thread Starter #47
Update: 80 days 5300 KM

We have done very challenging and fabulous trip of Tirupati

Tour Info

Pune (Satara) to Tirupati

Attached document shows detailed route info of our Tirupati tour. We mostly traveled at night so not able to shoot snaps that's why i am not creating separate thread of travelogue of this trip. Punto rocks the entire tour and supports very well till end. Suspension, Ride quality is beyond our expectation.

Summary

Total Distance - 2400 KM
FE (60 % AC) - 19 KMPL (4 Peoples onboard)

Went Well:

1.Darshan of all places was fabulous, we did not face any unexpected crowd or lengthy queue anywhere.

2.Except the last one (before Bengaluru), we got very good food every time on time.

3.Decision of taking NH4 as soon as possible after leaving Tirupati.

Lessons learnt:

1.Always adhere to National Highways, unless we know and personally seen the route.

2.Take sufficient sleep anytime during travel.

Special Thanks to Google GPS system for route guide in extreme situations.

Done first free service of 5000 KM. Done extra work of wheel alignment.
Total bill - 900 Rs (inform the details after scanning invoice of service charges)

Attachments

Punto rocks the entire tour and supports very well till end. Suspension, Ride quality is beyond our expectation.
Yes Punto do rocks on the long tour. Recently I went to Ahmednagar and I enjoyed the ride very much. Next weekend I am going to Nagpur in Punto. So very much excited about the ride. [clap]

The only rational reason to buy the Punto is to appreciate it's high speed dynamics and this could be done only on a highway. Frankly, the car drives like none other at speed on a highway and only someone who has driven it would truly understand what European build (actually German build - the Punto is based on the Corsa platform) means.

Thread Starter #50
Yes Punto do rocks on the long tour. Recently I went to Ahmednagar and I enjoyed the ride very much. Next weekend I am going to Nagpur in Punto. So very much excited about the ride. [clap]
Which route you adopt for Nagpur tour? Better to choose NH-6

The only rational reason to buy the Punto is to appreciate it's high speed dynamics and this could be done only on a highway. Frankly, the car drives like none other at speed on a highway and only someone who has driven it would truly understand what European build (actually German build - the Punto is based on the Corsa platform) means.
We can't judge Punto in 15 min test drive. If you want to know the specialty of Punto, You need to spend some time with it.

Thread Starter #51
Some snaps of tour

Attachments

Which route you adopt for Nagpur tour? Better to choose NH-6.

Actually I am not directly going to Nagpur.

First I am going to Nashik, will stay there for 1-2 days then from Nashik to Akola and 2-3 days stay there and from Akola to Nagpur. WIll be coming back by same route. Nagpur >> Akola >> Nashik >> Mumbai.

So, for Nashik I will go via Mumbai - Nashik express way and from there I don't which route to select to Akola. But will reach there some how. :-)

EDIT : Just checked on Google maps. The whole route will be NH6 only. Thanks JazzSelect.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #54
i am facing some strange problem. In morning (when temperature gauge not at the middle), some karr....karr noise from engine or dashboard when RPM meter is between 1500 to 2000. I was in impression that this is a rattling issue but today i kept car in neutral mode and starts reeving and duplicate the issue. Everything is ok after temperature gauge reached at the middle.

Thread Starter #55
Update - 7500 KM in 4 months

Done Pune - Amalner - Pune trip in single day.
Total distance covered - 804 KM
Route - Pune - Ahamadnager - Shirdi - Manmad - Malegaon - Dhule - Amalner
Road Condition - Very good surface through out the tour. 4 lanes route till Kopargaon
(26 KM after shirdi) then route till Malegaon are 2 lanes but in good condition. Route from Malegaon to Dhule are 4 lanes (NH-3) which is in excellent condition.Finally road from Dhule to Amalner also in good shape.

Start jorney at 3.50 AM. Reached Amalner at 11 AM (10 min break at shirdi for tea and 30 min break at Malegaon for breakfast). Total distance convered 402 KM.Same route adopt for return jorney.Starts return jorney at 3 PM and reached 12 AM at Pune
(30 min for replacement of punctured tyre and 1 hour for dinner).
Total toll - 500 RS
Mileage - 22 KMPL w/o AC
Speed - 90 to 100 KMPH

And again Punto rocks the entire tour [:)]

Top Bottom