My First Car Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

350Z

Core Team
Yet another first-time car buyer who belongs to the Maruti Suzuki family. There are many new car buyers amongst us, in this forum, who initially considered various options but still, they finally preferred sticking with a Maruti car. And why not? After all, India comes home in a Maruti Suzuki. :smile: So, welcome to the club, Ritzy, and many hearty congratulations for getting your brand new Ritz. I am impressed with your decision of paying priority to safety features. Nice choice of colour too, I would say, Bakers Chocolate is perhaps one of the best colours, which Maruti has introduced yet. Looking forward to read more details about your car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20
Putting seat covers and wrapping steering wheel is the immediate thing to do. Want to put either g-sport or autoform covers. Have been trying to find some autoform dealer ner my place (close to Marathahalli, Whitefield area). Can some Bangaloreans help me?

Interior looks neat, good work from MS.
@ ritzy: I've a doubt in above photos, in First photo i observe all wheels are in steady position. My assumption, you have taken 2nd and 3rd photos keeping wheel in same position.
Why is steering wheel not straight/steady, when wheels are in steady position[confused]?(question is valid if only above condition is true)

Yes you are right ritzy:agree:, I was not able to make out when i watched the pic on my laptop (may be due to small screen resolution) in desktop i'm able to make out the difference.

hi ritzy, welcome to TAI and congrats on your ritz! its looking fabulous. keep updating this thread with more details of your car..enjoy!! [:)]

Accessories

Hi Ritzy

i had initially booked Bakers choclate later decided to go with silky silver after giving lot of thought........as bakers choclate may fade away after few years.

Anyways congrats on your new buy.

Did u really get all the accessories what you have mentioned.

I booked it in Garuda and they are giving me just Sun film and Remote lock.

Countdown begins

SBI's branch manager called me to tell me that my loan is sanctioned and the documents verification/signing is scheduled on 18th Nov at 2PM. Had to take half a day off to go to RACPC on St.Marks Road. Reached there at 1.30 itself. Was waiting, kept on waiting till around 3PM to meet the person who was in charge of my paper work. She apologized for being late as she was caught up in the rain. Found that Rs. 1000/- was already added as SBI life insurance on top of the loan amount. Gosh! I will have to pay interest on this 1000 as well. I did not want the insurance and opted out of it during filling up the form. But there was nothing much left but to sign on the docs with a protest. Had to visit my banker so as to enable ECS. By the time everything go over it was about 5 P.M and she said disbursement will be done next day. Called up the dealer to tell them to collect the cheque + form 20. They started giving some excuses and were insisting that I collect the docs myself.

Went to SBI RACPC today, reached there at 10 PM waiting till 10.30 to meet the same person who process my file. The cheque was not ready as she forgot filling some voucher. Then the section clerks responsible for issuing the chque were not available. Once they came in, the lady(who processed my loan), made sure that I got the disbursement immediately. Got the cheque + form 20 by 11 and left the place.

Well, if you are one with a little less patience, SBI is not for you. If you are used to "Chalega..." attitude, or you can tolerate inefficiency then SBI is the bank for you. Hell lot of paper work, seems like everything there happens on paper. Yes, I am also one of the pampered lot that most of us are, but it was not much of a hassle for me.

Gave the docs + cheque to dealer, registration will happen next week. Will go there and do PDI hopefully on Monday.

Decided not to buy any accessories other than door beading from the dealer, found their prices exorbitant. I was promised sun film and anti-rust coating free. Told them not to put sun film as I found that they are going to put the cheapest quality garware film.

Checked with Favara car accessories (on ITPL road) for my list of accessories, found their quote to be OK. I will take the car to them and get the accessories fitted.

Here's the offer from Favara:

1. Parking sensors - Auto Cop Rs. 1500/-, Red Soul - 2000/- (both are basic ones, dealer quoted 4000/- for Red Soul :O)

2. Seat cover - reasonable quality art leather work is offered at 4K and a better one at 6K(will negotiate further when I I get it done)

3. Steering wheel grip - Rs. 500 (genuine leather one)

4. He has 3M, Garware and Llumar sun control films with him. Didn't check the prices, planning to get that also done by this guy.

To be continued...

350Z

Core Team
Welcome in the community, Ritzy2 and congratulations for booking the Ritz. Please open a new thread describing about your experiences. We would love to read that. Have a pleasant stay. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom