My First Car: Maruti 800 AC 93 Model

Thanks for the reply. This can be checked with removing the negative connection to the battery, make a series connection to the meter (There will be 3 holes of which you will have to fix the probe in common and 10A) and check the Amp. But do you know if there is any connection for the wire going from Alty to battery? This information would be useful to me.

bhvm

Honoured Member
DO NOT try putting a regular dmm in series with battery! in simplest case you'll blow up the dmm. worse,you'll start a fire.

it's a heavy duty charging system with peaks about 35-40A for small cars. your dmm might be 10A Max.

I'm afraid I'm not aware about alternator wiring for your car.

Thanks for the quick reply. And also thanks for the instruction. Yes the Meter has capacity of only 10A. I think I do have a Amp meter which is 40 A. Will try with that. Do you know how to upload photos. I have taken a few which I would like to share.

Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy
Chennai

bhvm

Honoured Member
Press the Post reply Button at your lower left. Then, There is MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button slightly below. Attach the pics and press upload. Then Press reply.

https://goo.gl/photos/vSXxNfz5gx4Sq8oq8

I have given the link to the photos of my Maruthi 800 AC where I have tried to use Inverter wire and removed the old wire.

Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy, Chennai

Dear all,

This link I have copied all the photos for your comments. Any suggestions is welcomed, Positive or Negative.

Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy

https://goo.gl/photos/3X827E8oJeDMZ4tF6

bhvm

Honoured Member
the link isn't loading on phone.
anyways. please don't use Inverter wire or anything for car alternator. these are critical systems and demand original oem wires from the dealer.

What is the difference. You don't have computer. Shall I send one by one photos. When attaching photos it says limit is 1 MB and so not able to attach. If you have mail id will send it in that. Where do you stay. Thanks for all the information. Very happy.

Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy, Chennai

bhvm

Honoured Member
I live in Maharashtra.
BTW, use irfan view to resize and donwsample the images before uploading.

the inverter wires charge Battery at 10A (actually 9A). your car system may go till 35A. most small cars have alternator capacity of 35-50A.

SUV may have capacity of 80-150A. hence these charging wires are special quality to cope with the stress.

Thanks for the information. Will be leaving for Bombay tomorrow morning from chennai and will leave Mumbai on Sunday Morning. 2 days out of Chennai.

Kind regards,

V Krishna Swamy

Top Bottom