My First Car: Maruti 800 AC 93 Model

Thread Starter #61
Will surely post a DIY thread for interior lights. But will do these DIY a bit later. As today itself got my alternator repaired. From many a days I was I was getting low lights and electrical problems. Replaced the battery too. (Upgraded to 38 AH)
The repair cost was Rs 600/- including brush, rectifier plate and front bearing change and cleaning.

Thread Starter #63
Yes,
Presently the alty is able to take all the load, as none of the small lights or LED's are flickering on full load. Will check the voltage tomorrow morning.
Was willing to upgrade to a Swift Alty but yesterday my lappie stopped working.[cry] Somehow sold it for 8k. Will have to buy a new one. So the upgrade is postponed.

Thread Starter #64
Yesterday morning I cleaned and polished my car. Few pics of my car.
Photo0384.jpg
Photo0386.jpg
Photo0383.jpg

Photo0392.jpg
polished the dashboard

Photo0393.jpg
Photo0395.jpg

Also checked the voltage across the battery terminals as I got the alternator repaired

With engine off
Battery voltage 13.25v
Lights on (high beam) 12.80v
Lights + Radiator Fan 12.50v

With engine running
Voltage without any load 14.30v
Lights on (high beam) 13.60v
Lights + Radiator Fan 13.40v
Lights(high beam)+blower(full speed)+radiator fan+music system+interior LED lights +flashers+brake light 13.10v

Car looks very neat. BTW what happened to the bumper in the left.

Also the glove box is misplaced, check that too it will look super then.

Your alty is doing its job as of now, but in future please think of upgrading it.

Your car looks real nice and clean. I personally love those exterior bonnet opening buttons. BTW what car care products you used to attain that shine. [;)]

If i may pour in some suggestions which can further enhance your ride.

1. Get the side body moldings re-fixed below the body indentation (right now they are above it) Also the small corner rubber pieces seem interchanged. The left one actually will fit to the right fender and vice versa. Do note that the curved part is parallel to the wheel arch.
2. Fix the centre wheel cups on the rims. A set of 4 costs Rs.76.

Thread Starter #67
The bumper was hit to a small fence as my friend was driving the car. [anger] I fixed it somehow but the bumper bracket bolts were missing. Will fix it soon. The glove-box was fully loaded with papers and some tools so its looking misplaced.
BTW can I add a pair of fog lamps with the current alty setup ?? [;)]

I'll get the body moldings properly replaced soon. It was due to the mistake of the painter. Will also fix the wheel cups.

And regarding the car care products I use Waxpol Polish for the body and interiors, 3M dashboard polish for the dashboard and black parts(beadings etc)The bumpers are polished with a mixture of waxpol and 3M.

Thread Starter #69
Today went for an official tour to Raebareilly. Near the bus stand there I found a small auto spares & accessory shop. Just went in for some window shopping. But bought these two. [;)] A pair of Fanai "JALWA" horns and a small fan.

Photo0400.jpg
Bought a pair for Rs 200/-
Photo0401.jpg
Photo0402.jpg
Photo0403.jpg
Both the Horns were of same tone. So gave one to my friend to install in his bike.
I'll buy another one with a high or low tone and install them with a melody maker.

Photo0405.jpg
Photo0407.jpg
Bought this for Rs 250/-

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70
Bought a low tone horn too. Installed one in the front and the other near the wiper motor.
Photo0419.jpg
Photo0421.jpg

Photo0431.jpg
Photo0432.jpg
Also Installed a 7 way melody maker

These will be used during long drives and mostly in my colony to alert the kids who run around on the road without looking at any oncoming vehicle.
Yesterday I was driving on a dead slow speed and stopped in front of my friend's house. A kid came running and banged against my car. [anger] Thanks God that the engine was off so no-one was able to blame me.

Last edited:
When you have a blower, why did you buy a fan ? Just my opinion.

Its better to fit the horns near the front bumpers, please visit my thread I have done it.

Thread Starter #72
Hmmm, The climate here is most of the time hot and humid. I installed the fan as the power consumption is low as compared to the blower. (due to alty issue).
And regarding the horns, they are not waterproof so didn't install them near the front bumper. I'll soon make some clamps(holder) and install them properly.

Thread Starter #73
Photo0429.jpg
This socket is lying idle in my car. When I tested it with a multimeter I found all 3 wires were giving +ve 12v output. Can You tell for what this socket is ??
Photo0430.jpg

This socket is near the right side fender (near the windshield washer bottle)

Last edited:
This is stock head lamp holder, all 3 wires should not give +ve. The middle one is -ve, the other two is +ve (high beam and low beam).

I guess your car is fitted with headlamp wiring kit so the stock one is unused.

Thread Starter #75
If this is the stock one why it is so that 12v current is flowing even if the headlamps are off. The current starts flowing as soon as i switch on the ignition to ACC. mode. My car's wiring is too messy [frustration]. Will try to trace that wire out.

Last edited:

Top Bottom