My First Car: Maruti 800 AC 93 Model

Thread Starter #346
Simply Great! is the only word i could choose for work you have done to your car. Hats off to you. I too plan to do some modification to my M800, type 2. you and of course the Great Master 'Varun' are the real source of inspiration for all of us.

Thanks for liking my DIYs.

I will put up my car pics and seek your blessings in improving it as I am very new. I have just purchase it second hand one.
Start an ownership review and we'll help you in improving and modifying your car.

Thread Starter #347
Earlier I was willing to paint the window roller handle and door lever plastic in black, but dropped the idea of painting and bought new ones.
Photo1564.jpg
new vs old door open plastic

Photo1566.jpg
alto window roller handle

Photo1568.jpg
old window roller handles

Photo1569.jpg
new vs old
Photo1571.jpg
Photo1572.jpg

The multi colour LEDs were used for under dash and rear lighting
Photo1590.jpg
Photo1591.jpg
Photo1593.jpg
Photo1598.jpg
Photo1595.jpg
Photo1594.jpg
Photo1600.jpg
(sorry for poor quality pics)

Installation pics will be posted soon

Does this led strip have color control module ? Can we get only light blue led strips ?

Those rollers come with 800 type 2 also. You could have bought opening handle of type2 it would look better.

Thread Starter #349
Does this led strip have color control module ? Can we get only light blue led strips ?
Yes the led strip has color control module
Photo1413.jpg
Photo1416.jpg
Light blue led strip is not available. I'll try to decrease the light intensity of Blue LED strip using some resistance and post the results soon. Btw this module and remote is available for Rs 250 and can be used to control the individual RED/BLUE/WHITE led strips.

Those rollers come with 800 type 2 also. You could have bought opening handle of type2 it would look better.
I didn't bought type2 opening handle as the door pads are secured properly and presently there are no rattles and I don't want to remove them.

Thread Starter #352
Few days ago I bought a Vikram Headlight for my friend.
I was willing to make a mounting bracket and fix these in my M800's bumper. I was willing to cut holes in the bumper to accommodate these. I'll remove the square fog lights (as they are useless against SUVs).
The benefit of using this is that this light assembly uses H4, so I'll get high/low beams.

vk hl 1.jpg
The headlight assembly
vk hl 3.jpg
vk hl 4.jpg
Parking light holder
vk hl 2.jpg
Dimensions of vikram/piaggio ape head light

If I use a Bajaj Boxer head light then I'll need no big holes but fix the light like a fog lamp. But the problem is the depth of the bike headlight Its 4" whereas vikram headlight needs only 1.7"
bike hl.jpg

Thread Starter #355
Earlier I had this setup on my car
Photo0589.jpg
The light beams were good, but not the way I wanted.

Later I removed these lights and installed rectangle ones.
Photo1615.jpg
It just looked good, but the light throw was not adequate.

I wanted to install some big auxiliary lights with adequate lighting. I searched for 5"-6" fog lights, but the branded (PIAA/NEOLITE) were too costly. Lights from AUTOPAL or other cheap brands were not available in 6".

Earlier I was willing to install Tata Ace headlights in the bumper. But lots of cutting in the bumper was required, so I dropped the idea and bought a pair of Pulsar 150 round headlights.
Photo1622.jpg
Photo1623.jpg
The open space will have to be closed.
Photo1625.jpg
The depth of the light is 4.5"
Photo1626.jpg
The diameter of the light is 6.5"
The best thing is the HIGH/LOW beam.
The light will be fixed on the bumper
Photo1619.jpg
I also bought a pair of 55/60W Halonix H4 bulbs
Photo1627.jpg

More pics and updates will be posted soon.

Thread Starter #356
A little update.
Fixed a grill in the bumper
Earlier I was willing to cut and remove the plastic behind the grill, but didn't cut is as its providing support to the grill.
Also I bought a smaller number plate as the old one was covering the grill

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #357
Fixed the new auxiliary lamps. (The pulsar head lights)
Photo0052.jpg
Had to cut the rear bulge to reduce the depth of the cover.

Photo0053.jpg
Photo0056.jpg
Used a tube cutting to close the open space. The tube is sticked using fevi-bond.

Photo0060.jpg
Mounting bracket was fabricated

Photo0108.jpg
Lights fixed on the bumper.

Both the bumper brackets were changed to new ones.
More pics will be posted soon.

That is just serious overkill dude.

What kind of alternator are you using?Is the stock alternator powerful enough for all the lights?

Thread Starter #359
That is just serious overkill dude.
OverKill ?? Related LOOKS or POWER ?
What kind of alternator are you using?Is the stock alternator powerful enough for all the lights?
I am using the stock 35Amp alternator but it was re-winded by the previous owner. The alternator guy here said that re-winding is done using heavy gauge copper wire thus the output will be 40+ Amps.(Though I am not sure about this) Earlier I used two(sometimes 3) pairs of 55W lights along with 100/80W headlamps with no issues.
Photo0909.jpg

Soon I'll do the voltage test.

Overkill with looks, power,energy draw, size, you name it.

Even if it is rewinded how much power is the alternator making.At idle you are killing your battery.I hope you switch off the lights at idle.

Btw, the body of the new fog lamps looks like it is made of plastic.If you use 100w bulbs it will cause the housing to melt.

If you used three pairs of 55w lights together with the 100/90w bulbs how often did you have to take out the battery and recharge it?

Last edited:

Top Bottom