My First Car : Fiat Punto 1.3 Active

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all the support information to decide, finalized my First Car!

Now here it is! BNW FIAT Punto 1.3 Active.

PA040045.jpg

PA040009.jpg

PA040054.jpg

PA040026.jpg

Spl. thanks to carfreak, SOOZ_PUNTO, raj_5004, dharmesh, jayadev for there on call and my mail support.

Thanks a lot to the Mods. for this fantastic car forum.

I got the delivery on 4th Oct,2012 and now a proud owner of Punto 1.3.

As I am new to driving so still not much driving. So still in learning stage.

Following is the detail story. These all are result of 3 years of deep research and analysis.

Why Fiat?

I have no personal fascination on any brand. What I had in mind is Safety, durability, leader in technology, looks, maintenance while selecting the car.

After taken TD for all car in 5 L -9L range found only Fiat meets them all.

Why Punto:

The look, the tank like body, great ride quality, 280 L boot space enough for my family, Nice interior, good space and comfort in seating, and famous multi-jet engine. AC is great, awasome pick-up,

Why diesel:

Though my current use will be low but how knows after sometime it will not increase? Petrol is costly, the maintain cost has not much difference (2-4 k/pa). Punto 1.2 is not that great. Even except Jazz 1.2 motor I was not happy with any other petrol heads. And Jazz is overpriced. Not VFM.

So Punto 1.3.

Dealer : Addya Motors, Bangalore.

I took quotations from all 4 dealers in Bangalore and got best quotation from Addya. Till now seems all ok.

PDI: Dealer called me for PDI and I did it by myself in 20 mins.

Why Car lease Option(LeasePlan):

I have no money to invest in car as already I have other big loan commitment.

My company has tieup up LeasePlan I opt it after a long analysis.

Pros: 1> company will pay registration, 1st year insurance and handling charges.
2> No instant downpayment, only Emi.
3> Loan on ex-showroom price only @14.5%.
4> Tax benefit of the EMI paid per month and upto 120000.00 pa for fuel.

con: Need to stay 3 years in the organization.

Why Active version:

The active version has all the things that satisfy most of the need.

The Dynamic version cost 75K more for ABS, defogger,foglamp, remote lock etc. which is good to have but not at all must in Indian senerio.

Found active version is real VFM.

Question: How I can polish/wash my car for best maintenance.

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your Punto. Now I will go through the entire post. [;)]

Last edited:
Congratz on you new punto! Punto is my favorite when it comes to small cars. For washing get your self some microfiber cloths. If you are too keen with polishing, then i recommend formula one paste wax. its cheap and very effective.
I suggest you should get the B pillars blackened. It'll cost you around 500 bucks and it just enhances the look of the car.

@Basis

Congrats on your new white Puntoo !! hey its front looks are just mouth watering man !!

Nice review buddy and wish you will have a great experience with this strong & smart lady[clap]

I am happy that you have concluded with the suggestions from TAI !! hey Kudos to all the members for their valuable inputs which made TAI a useful Auto forum with filled with experts for a new car selection !!

Hey congrats buddy !!! Happy to know that you got hold of your beauty. Happy and Safe motoring [drive]

PS: You are most welcome! Its always a pleasure to help fellow TAIans !!!

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. Punto is surely one of the most frugal and solid hatchbacks present here in India. And it is a looker too. Great to see the Active model getting the stock music system as one of my cousin has a 2011 Active diesel model which didn't come with the company music system or for that matter of fact the whole silver panel is missing in it. This surely adds on to the interiors of the car. Please upload more pics of the interiors of your Punto specially the central panel.
Congrats once again and drive safe.

@Basis
So finally you got the car after so much of research.
Your punto looks so beautiful.

Congrats for the beauty and wish you memorable times with her.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks all the folks.

@dharmesh,

No mine is normal one and I got the 17.5K off (no insurence,no RSA+corp. discount).
for absolute edition my discount could reduced to 8 k only.

also I feel expcept the 3D mapping system nothing is useful. As per the dealer it separately cose 5 K.

@Jerwin,

Thx for your advice.

I will thing on the B-Pillar blacking ...but might be I will not llike it . :(

Congrats basis on your new ride, nice selection with your color man.

I guess FIAT has played safe with this car. Everything has been presented to a price and a price that is set by customers more than production team.

Many congratulations for your Punto buddy. Do some more pics.

What all accessories do you plan to purchase?

Top Bottom