My Fiat Punto BNW -- Multijet

Oh man why did you give it to the dealership? Where have you have your car for service? Atleast here in Chennai they don't do it properly!

And bro wheel rotation is different from balancing and alignment. It's high time you do the wheel rotation and bring your spare wheel into the picture. Else your front tyres will wear out soon and you will be required to change them soon but the rear wheels will be in good condition. Rotating the wheels will ensure that all tyres will wear evenly and while changing you can change all four or even five tyres at a go.

Thread Starter #32
Oh man why did you give it to the dealership? Where have you have your car for service? Atleast here in Chennai they don't do it properly!

And bro wheel rotation is different from balancing and alignment. It's high time you do the wheel rotation and bring your spare wheel into the picture. Else your front tyres will wear out soon and you will be required to change them soon but the rear wheels will be in good condition. Rotating the wheels will ensure that all tyres will wear evenly and while changing you can change all four or even five tyres at a go.
I have given it for 2ndservice @ concorde motors, dairy circle, bangalore. so far only once i have done the wheel rotation, so thought of doing it.
yeah i got that wheel rotation to be done to make even wear on all the tyres . but what is the interval.
Also i have a query here, say on a brand new vehicle if one of my tyre got puncture and got it replaced with spare wheel. i need to replace it with the original one as soon as i can( so that i can go for wheel roation after sometime with the spare wheel)

Do wheel rotation once every 10k KMS. I followed this on my Verna and the stock tyres lasted 50k KMS.

Yes you are right in case of puncture you should fix the puncture ASAP and put the spare tyre back inside so that you can follow tyre rotation effectively.

Thread Starter #34
Do wheel rotation once every 10k KMS. I followed this on my Verna and the stock tyres lasted 50k KMS.

Yes you are right in case of puncture you should fix the puncture ASAP and put the spare tyre back inside so that you can follow tyre rotation effectively.
Thank you cooldhaya... now i am clear... I will also follow the same..[clap]

Till I dont know why 1 and 2nd gears are like that. I get used to that.[confused]
It's all about state of tune of the engine and the gear ratios. In the Punto 1.3, the turbocharger has been designed to cut in when only when the engine reaches at 2000 rpm. On top of that, the 2nd gear ratio has been kept too tall (you can take your Punto upto approx 60-70 kmph in second gear itself). Due to teh combination of these factors, the car feels very sluggish in 1st/2nd gears. The only way to get over this sluggishness is to shift up at 2500 rpm. Your fuel efficiency would suffer a bit but the sluggishness would be taken care of.

Thread Starter #38
It's all about state of tune of the engine and the gear ratios. In the Punto 1.3, the turbocharger has been designed to cut in when only when the engine reaches at 2000 rpm. On top of that, the 2nd gear ratio has been kept too tall (you can take your Punto upto approx 60-70 kmph in second gear itself). Due to teh combination of these factors, the car feels very sluggish in 1st/2nd gears. The only way to get over this sluggishness is to shift up at 2500 rpm. Your fuel efficiency would suffer a bit but the sluggishness would be taken care of.
Thank you for your input Sam Dinkar.

Thread Starter #40
Hi All,
On march 23 when I was on my home in the car (bangalore -erode) accident happened to me .luckily nobody was hurt. since the place was near dharmapuri , i towed my vehicle to salem (near by the spot). They took 4 weeks of time and gave delivery on 1st week of may . since i am working in bangalore i brought my vehicle here. two days back i took my vehicle to concord motors, dairy circle, bangalore due to poor performance of AC. today they called me and said, there is a problem in radiator, fan motor and compressor which need to be replaced. They said it comes under warranty, you can take your vehicle to salem and get it replaced. I asked them, it has the warranty, why you people cant do this?. They are keep on denying this part is replaced in salem they can only replace it under warranty. I dont know what to do. I talked with salem people regarding this, they said, they will talk to concord people and call me back on this. It is really pathetic.... if they cannot replace under warranty why we need to go for authorised service stations.

Bharathi4747,
Sad to hear about your accident? Were those parts got replaced under warranty in Salem, at the least? Please write in detail so that somebody from Fiat watching this forum will get the right feedback about the service.

Your sticker work is awesome! However, I like the white as it is.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #42
Bharathi4747,
Sad to hear about your accident? Were those parts got replaced under warranty in Salem, at the least? Please write in detail so that somebody from Fiat watching this forum will get the right feedback about the service.

Your sticker work is awesome! However, I like the white as it is.

Cheers!
Thanks LaTour. Now my car is as like stock except chrome stripes on windows like Linea.
The problem got resolved. As I said, concorde people denied to do the work. True sai works people came down here took the car to hosur workshop (hosur and salem workshop is run by same people, they sent FIAT technician from salem to hosur to do this work [clap]), replaced the part and dropped at bangalore again. Nice work, Now the car is fine, I cannot comment much on the AC issue now because bangalore climate is getting changed now. Once I go back to my native I will come to know.. But I can feel the difference.
The worst part is, i have written a complaint to fiat and called customer care to raise the complaint. They said they will call me back and fix this issue in 72 hours. But nobody called sofar. Really I started regretting why I have chosen FIAT. I was wondering, all other car dealers are also like this or only FIAT. Fellow TAIns can comment on this.

@bharathi4747: You're lucky that Fiat sorted out your problem at the service centre level itself. In case of any future problems with Fiat after sales service, please mail your grievance to mangesh.kudalkar@fiapl.com. He would help you.

Thread Starter #44
@bharathi4747: You're lucky that Fiat sorted out your problem at the service centre level itself. In case of any future problems with Fiat after sales service, please mail your grievance to mangesh.kudalkar@fiapl.com. He would help you.
Thanks Sam Dinkar, actually I mailed to service@fiapl.com . On first time when i was facing problem with The true sai motors, I raised complaint to this id. They replied me back. But this time no response.

Thanks LaTour. Now my car is as like stock except chrome stripes on windows like Linea.
Don't be shy; post some pictures.
True sai works people came down here took the car to hosur workshop (hosur and salem workshop is run by same people, they sent FIAT technician from salem to hosur to do this work [clap]), replaced the part and dropped at bangalore again. Nice work,.....
This is a fantastic gesture from the dealer side. This is what deserves the recognition and appreciation as well.
The worst part is, i have written a complaint to fiat and called customer care to raise the complaint. They said they will call me back and fix this issue in 72 hours. But nobody called sofar.
Well! This is what FIAT needs look out for and do the follow up consistently. Hope they don't fail in this aspect.
Really I started regretting why I have chosen FIAT. I was wondering, all other car dealers are also like this or only FIAT. Fellow TAIns can comment on this.
I don't know what to say as I haven't experienced the FIAT service so far. As far as I know of Maruti (I'm an Ex- Zen owner for the past twelve years), I used to service the car first with Maruti Needs, Padi, Chennai service centre. Their service was great except for the fact that twice they made the AC become less powerful after each service. The best part is that whenever the services were done, I used to get a survey about the quality of the service done there with a self addressed envelope which goes straight to Maruti Service HQ. It was very nice!
But because of the AC problems, then I switched to "CARS Care, Ambattur IE, Chennai". Their service is also good. However, I never used to get a survey by post. Instead, someone from the same service centre will ask me for how the service was, and what points would you give out of 10, etc, over phone only. You can imagine how really the Maruti HQ will come to know of their service standards.
I escalated this issue of not receiving the survey whenever I did service at the CARS service centre to Maruti Service HQ thrice but no response from the HQ guys.
It clearly shows that BIG players like CARS service centre can get away with survey mailer while small fish like MARUTI NEEDS service centre can't. Hmm.. Talking about Maruti double standards.
Finally, I must admit that being a layman regarding auto and motoring myself, it's the MARUTI NEEDS service centre (during the first six or seven years of my ownership of zen) serviced the car in way that even after 10, 11 years, I was getting a mileage 13-14 in city/ and 16-17 highway (with AC on always; sedate driving). My current mechanic always used to praise their service care done during those initial years. Thanks Maruti Needs and Srinivasan, MD!

Top Bottom