My Fiat Punto BNW -- Multijet

Thread Starter #1
I never had a intention to start a thread of my own. Its not that i dont want to share my thoughts, since every one already discussed on various aspects of punto I thought I have nothing to share.

But I changed my mind thanks to 350Z. Now I am thinking that I know I am also going to write the same thing but perception is different and I try to write in crisp manner.

Moreover as 350Z mentioned my own thread will help me to resolve issues in future and to discuss about my updates and other stuff, thanks again guys.

Lets get back to story...

I always dreamt about car my own car, though We already own Ikon 1.4 TDCI, I wanted my own car. Even I thought of buying using my credit card (I thought ok I got credit limit of up to 4 lakh why dont I just swipe it to buy spark and own it for some time).

My friend is in search of buying car for him, whenever he does the testdrive I will accompany him . We almost Tded all the hatches.
When I was in the process of lookin for car I tried Figo, Beat , Ritz and Punto.

I figured out myself that I am not good at judging vehicle and what are all the points to be considered when you are buying a car.

TESTDRIVE:
I took my friend when i took the test drive for Figo, I dint find any problem He found engine noise inside the cabin is more and engine performance is poor. (But I thought of taking Figo and put steel lader on the back [lol])

Then I took test drive for Beat. I dont know, for some reason for the full acceleration also It has not crossed 80kmph. so I dropped that option

Then I went for Ritz , that time I considered only diesel hatch. I liked it most , But my family members were against its looks. So I dropped it.

I never considerd swift because there are already many cars on road.

Then I went for Punto -- Till that time I was never thinking of that vehicle due to Tata dealership. I took the test drive I was very happy with the drive and comfort. But I felt It is too sluggish on 2nd gear , SA sadi that for the city drive they have kept it like this and he also said that even in 4th gear you can drive in 20kmph in traffic. I tried it . Its true...
Then I started thinking why not punto?, But my parents and brother worried about service and maintenance. But I decided to go for it.

I will continue in next post

Re: My Punto BNW -- Multijet

I am not sure about 20 kmph in 4th gear. It wont stall but I think it will take ages to pick up speed but yes, 20 kmph in 3rd gear is no problem at all.

I drive a 90 hp & I am very pleased with the car. I have had no problems at all but yes, I have two rattles in my car which maybe due to the mods i have done!

Congrats for the decision[cheers]. Fiat Punto is one awesome hatch, and gradually even the no. of Punto'ers are increasing. Do keep this thread treated with booking details.

Thread Starter #4

PURCHASE PROCESS:
I went to concorde motors chennai checked out the variants available. Dynamic model costs 30k extra for central locking and cloth trim on the doors, emotion variant is out of my budget. I thought why to pay 30k extra for dynamic variant , I decided to do it outside and decided for active variant. ( that time I dint realize how much problems i am going to face)

I started negotiating with chennai concorde dealer and Tafe-reach- coimbatore ( I am basically from erode near coimabtore). I got a good deal from coimbatore I decided to go with them. They them-self collect the booking money from my home (erode) and showed the demo vehicle to my parents. They are satisfied with the vehicle ,actually my dad wanted a vehicle which has higher seat position.

We decided to take the delivery on dec 13, 2011. The day has come, I went to erode and from there I reached coimabtore with my mom and with my wife. I did the PDI (actually with some excitement i havent done much on that part). Then I drove the vehicle for some distance and told SA that engine noise inside the cabin is high. He replied me back run for some more time its a new vehicle it will get reduced day by day. I drove for another few kms and found engine noise inside the cabin became less.

They promised me that they will give the vehicle around 3 pm . They took the vehicle for temporary registration and came back. meanwhile my younger brother came there ( he is studying in coimbatore) we went for lunch -- Till that time everything was fine.

Around 3PM I came to show room again, vehicle was ready with tint and ready for puja. That time I noticed 2 scratches on the door. I shouted at SA guy, he inspected it and said dont know sir how it happened (which was actually not there before PDI). Then he said rubbing will remove those scratches it will take another 30 mins. They took the vehicle to workshop. I was left in pain.

Clock was at 4PM. They came with the vehicle and said it cannot be done with rubbing then I went along with SA to the workshop , they said we need to re paint it will take 2 days. Actually It was monday , so i said i cannot come back after a week and reluctant to left the vehicle there itself. Then SA guaranteed and gave me a letter he will do the re paint job during first service. Anyway i have to come back my native for permanent registration during january , So I agreed to it. Then they did the puja and I took the delivery of my very own punto

On that night I went to a big car accessories shop in erode to get to know about remote and central locking. They said they wont do for punto , they did once and got into some electrical issues , then i decided to do it in chennai.

The next day i traveled to chennai. Since its a new vehicl i thought of driving below 80, I couldnot able to do that in open road, so cruised at 100 and reached here. The performance was really good and suspension was very nice. But 8 to 9 hrs of journey without music system is a pain. In the base model itself i found lot of features, Distance to empty, Door open indicator, speed limit indicator and for the current driving style how much km you will get per litre ( I dont know the technical term :) )

During first few weeks i struggled lot in chennai traffic with my beauty. After that i got enough confidence .

Its time for upgrading ICE unit.
I found a very nice shop in ashok nagar after so much googling and went there. That guy was young and had very good knowledge in ICE units. Its an accessories shop with very good interiors and good space.

I said my requirements, I dont want amplifier and sub woofer now. but I need good sound system with good punch effects. (Mean while i checked with carnation, guindy. he deals only with sony systems. I dont want to go for GP road . I felt like I am not too comfortable with those atmosphere.)

Then back to ashok nagar store. He suggested me Kenwood head unit, JBL componet at front , blaupankt at rear. The total amount was bit high to my budget. Then I decided for JBL at rear, JBL component at front and kenwood head unit. All are with warranty with the bill. Then I put Armrest also to it. I am so happy with the outcome. Sound system was very nice, when they music system is on I couldnt able to hear any engine noise inside the cabin and armrest was very useful too....

hey bharthi congrats on the lovely ride. I am sure it would not disappoint you at all!

Thread Starter #7

Hi all,
Now i crossed 11000 km mark, i dint face any problem so far...
2 months back shifted to bangalore, now shuttling between erode and bengaluru...

Last wkend i was too bored at my home place, so took my car to near by stickering shop.. googled some images and gave new exterior look to my car...
feel free to post some comments guys...

Attachments

zengetz

Suspended

Hi Bharathi, stickering looks good. Getting some nice alloys and a decent looking spoiler will make it awesome [thumbswink]

Congratulations Bharathi for the ride , i am not a huge fan of stickers but these are looking good!

Congratulations for your ride. The stickering is not my cup of tea and I prefer my cars to be plain and sleeper. BTW BNW is a fabulous color and stickers are just killing it's appeal.

freakdude.

Congratulations for your ride. The stickering is not my cup of tea and I prefer my cars to be plain and sleeper.
freakdude.
+1. Even i am not a fan of stickering. Plan for alloys and a lip spoiler. These two additions will make your car a headturner of the town.

Top Bottom