My Fair Linea

Thanks, ilango[speed thirst]. Yeah, I agree with this statement of yours.

Yup. I agree.

Thanks, 350Z & blackbeauty. You asked for it and you are getting it now.

Here begins my horror story! After driving for a few km, My Car display unit displayed 'Low Fuel'. I pointed out this to the sales guy. That person laughed and replied carelessly that I need not worry. After sometime, at a busy pedestrian crossing near Kengeri Bus Station, the vehicle came to a grinding halt with engine switched off. Many attempts to start the vehicle became futile. Then only, it dawned on me and the sales guy that there was not even a drop of diesel left in the vehicle! He started requesting me to bring the vehicle to the left side of the road, as I was on the right side lane of busy Bangalore-Mysore State Highway. With great difficulty I brought the vehicle to the left side of the road, as it was sloping and halted using hand-brake. When we got down from the vehicle, we noticed that fuel was leaking from the engine bay. Now, it was my turn to taunt the sales guy: "My Maruti Suzuki Versa has never stalled in the middle of the road in the last 5.5 years!". The sales guy was profusely pleading sorry. After more than half hour, another demo-car Punto came and took us back to the show-room.

When Concorde Motors have not bothered to keep the test-drive vehicle in good condition, how they will provide good service for customers' vehicles, is a million dollar question. I found the sales executives unprofessional. A great product Fiat Linea has to suffer in the hands of inexperienced and unprofessional service staff of Concorde Motors. However, I had two more excellent test-drives on 1.4 petrol version, from another dealer Prerana Motors Pvt. Ltd. and Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. I decided in favour of Fiat Linea after test-driving Maruti Suzuki SX4 [twice] and Honda City [once].

Thanks, RSM, for compliments.
me too had same experienced same answer but with punto 90hp, the fuel gauge showed no fuel and i asked him why not fill it up ,he said do not worry but the guy was confident and knowledgeable . he mentioned he can say "do not worry" as he know the fuel efficiency of car . we did almost 10km and back to showroom .and i was impressed.!!!! ( i was concerned for fuel and asked him why do you keep low level of fuel he said there is lot of internal formalities and paper works to fill it up )[confused]

Thread Starter #108
How exactly can they be updated sir?
I downloaded the compressed files to my laptop from this link:

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx?brand=fiat&lang=en#/support/download/

I unzipped and extracted the files and copied them in an empty pendrive [formatted for FAT32 default]. Then, I inserted the pendrive in the USB port of my Fiat Linea Media Player and turned the key on, but didn't start the car. Then, my Fiat Linea Blue&Me took over and updated the new SW version 5.5. Every now and then, 'installing' and 'restarting' messages appeared with radio switched on and off. After about 10 minutes or so, I heard the Blue&Me female voice announcing, 'Update Complete - remove the device from USB'. The same message was also displayed in the media player display panel. Voila! The new Blue&Me SW version 5.5 was installed.[clap]

Last edited:
yeah this are just like our mobile phone's software's firmware upgrades which keep on updating in few time, regular thing and easy to operate as well.Good work Ravi that you updated your firmware regularly.

@ Vijay Yes i know that but how do we come to know that a new update is available? Incase of mobiles it shows automatically that a new software is available as soon as i connect it to my PC , how about blue and me? Ravi sir can answer this.

cooldhaya , there is an option to enable it when connected with gprs enabled mobile the display shows if an update is available. else service centre people do it while servicing.

Oh okay that's great if the service centre people do it because not many people will know that such updates are available.

BTW is there any way to check the version of the software in the car?

Thread Starter #115
@ Vijay Yes i know that but how do we come to know that a new update is available? Incase of mobiles it shows automatically that a new software is available as soon as i connect it to my PC , how about blue and me? Ravi sir can answer this.
is there any way to check the version of the software in the car?
My Linea's Blue&Me doesn't show the SW version. Since I knew it was the old version, I upgraded to the new version.

Top Bottom