My Fair Linea

Thread Starter #48
I did a Bangalore - Chennai trip day before yesterday and returned back home at Bangalore at 1:50 am today. I enjoyed the driving my Linea especially the return trip last night in heavy, non-stop downpour from Kanchipuram to Bangalore.

My Linea returned 13 kmpl for the entire Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip including inter and intra city driving with 5 people on board and ACC set at 20 deg C.

The windscreen wipers worked almost non-stop for about 4 hours in all the three speeds. I found that the wipers' movement was not smooth but jerky and shaky at the minimum and intermediate speeds. But, they worked alright at the maximum speed. In all the three speeds, they wiped the windscreen perfectly clean. I shall take up the matter when my Linea goes for the second free service the next month.

Thread Starter #50
Thanks *Arkin_Young*.

As I mentioned, the return journey was thrilling. On many stretches, the other vehicles had stopped by the road-side due to heavy downpour and poor visibility. My only stops were at Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, for dinner and BP Ghar Dhaba/A2B at Chinnar, near Krishnagiri, where we had coffee and my Linea had bellyful of petrol. I was cruising at 100 kmph steadily. I was glad that my Fiat Linea behaved perfectly alright even in that adverse weather condition.

Cheers!!
i agree that any rainy drive will be thrilling.

Once got mad , me on my apache , my friend on pulsar. Both on stock tyres. mine with the great slippery tvs tyres then. drive the bike at 90+ almost 100 from coll to home. today i feel ::)() , how the ____ am alive.

cruising in rain with good tyres are always enjoyable. - in marina , we had a turanza tyre from brig , it so grippy kinda.

congrats for the night+ rainy drive.

Thanks *Arkin_Young*.

As I mentioned, the return journey was thrilling. On many stretches, the other vehicles had stopped by the road-side due to heavy downpour and poor visibility. My only stops were at Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, for dinner and BP Ghar Dhaba/A2B at Chinnar, near Krishnagiri, where we had coffee and my Linea had bellyful of petrol. I was cruising at 100 kmph steadily. I was glad that my Fiat Linea behaved perfectly alright even in that adverse weather condition.
Good that you enjoyed the trip Mr.Ravi.
Even i had been to Golden temple in Vellore.
And for lunch in Saravana Bhavan.
In SB: You might have seen more cups in the Thali.
And even in the same spot in A2B as you mentioned.

Oh Ravi sir Chennai-Bangalore stretch is a delight to drive always! And add to that night and rains , just the perfect condition for people with driving as their passion.

But 100kmph in rains must be thrilling , i never cross 80kmph during rains! But sir don you feel 13kmpl is a little less for that trip?

@ Ilango Your idea of fun is always risky!!

Thread Starter #55
ilango[speed thirst];49181 said:
congrats for the night+ rainy drive.
Thanks Ilango for compliments.
Oh nice, Ravi sir, it must've been a real pleasing drive!
Yeah, sure it was. With its 195/60R15 tyres, Linea was absolutely stable.
Good that you enjoyed the trip Mr.Ravi.
Even i had been to Golden temple in Vellore.
And for lunch in Saravana Bhavan.
In SB: You might have seen more cups in the Thali.
And even in the same spot in A2B as you mentioned.
Thanks mukeshus for kind words.
don't you feel 13kmpl is a little less for that trip?
Thanks cooldhaya. As I had mentioned this FE figure was from home to home including Bangalore+Chennai city+highway driving. In Chennai, we drove to Royapettah, Marina beach, Nungambakkam, Moolakkadai, Vadapalani, etc. that too in peak hour bumper-to-bumper traffic!

Thread Starter #57
An idiot damaged my Fiat Linea's ORVM

Yesterday, an inebriated idiot riding a scooter banged my Fiat Linea's left ORVM when I was waiting for signal at the Ring Road - Tumkur Road junction. The ORVM got back-folded with a minor scratch. After reaching home, I observed that the plastic part below the mirror was broken by that moron.
Damaged ORVM:
ORVM 001.jpg
Minor scratch on the mirror:
ORVM 003.jpg
Today, I visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road and got the plastic part replaced at a cost of mere Rs 20! [:)]
After replacement of plastic part:
ORVM 002.jpg
I was poorer by mere Rs 20!
ORVM 004.jpg
As regards to the wiper problem, the SA assured me that my Fiat Linea's wipers would be replaced FOC under warranty during the second free service sometime next month. He also informed me that I could bring my Fiat Linea for the second free service plus or minus 15 days of completion of one year from the date of purchase.

Sir , such things happen even in my Verna thanks to the widest in class ORVM![frustration] I usually make it a point to honk and scold the moron who comes and dashes my ORVM. If they apologize i leave them but some people argue saying its not their fault , i also argue with them! As a result of such fools both my Verna's ORVM'S are loose and rattling now.[cry]

But glad to know that it was repaired for Rs.20! If something like this happens to my ORVM i have to spend 2k to change it entirely.

This happens once in a while to my Indigo. Luckily, it hasn't got damaged yet.
In my i10's case it is the opposite. The left OVRM has hit one biker and some poor guy's Swift's Right OVRM in traffic. Both incidents occurred on IRR. :biggrin: Now I always fold in whenever dad is maneuvering in traffic.

Thread Starter #60
Thanks, cooldhaya and *Arkin_Young*.

Even I had expected complete replacement of the entire ORVM costing a few thousand rupees. But, I was taken aback, when the SA requested me to pay just Rs 20 at the cash-counter!

Top Bottom