My Fair Linea

Thread Starter #17
ilango[speed thirst];39713 said:
A good car to be owned!
Thanks, ilango[speed thirst]. Yeah, I agree with this statement of yours.
FE of 1.4 FIRE is really impressive!
Yup. I agree.
Beautiful is only what I can say about Linea. J.Ravi, How your experience has been with Fiat India, yet?
Wow... She is really beautiful.
Share us your experiences about your visits to your service centre also.
Thanks, 350Z & blackbeauty. You asked for it and you are getting it now.

I had a very bad experience during my first test-drive of Fiat Linea at Concorde Motors [India] Ltd., Mysore Road, on 29.8.2009. I wanted to test-drive 1.4 petrol version, which they did not have. They had 1.3 MJD diesel test drive demo-car only. Even then, I accepted it. Before test-drive, the sales executive [a nice gentleman, I must acknowledge] explained to me the salient features of Emotion Pk variant show-room car When I asked about the folding of ORVM in the opposite direction [towards the fender], he blinked. After my demonstration, they were taken aback about this feature. He said, he did not know about this earlier!

Then, we went for test-drive. The sales executive deputed his colleague to accompany me during test-drive as the former was busy with some other customer [multi-tasking!]. During the test-drive, the sales guy commented: "What sir, you made a wrong decision [of buying Maruti Suzuki Versa]", commenting on my present Maruti Suzuki Versa. I replied that from the past 5.5 years, it was serving me faithfully without any worries. Now, Fiat Linea has attracted me, that was why we were thinking of replacement to Maruti Suzuki Versa.

Here begins my horror story! After driving for a few km, My Car display unit displayed 'Low Fuel'. I pointed out this to the sales guy. That person laughed and replied carelessly that I need not worry. After sometime, at a busy pedestrian crossing near Kengeri Bus Station, the vehicle came to a grinding halt with engine switched off. Many attempts to start the vehicle became futile. Then only, it dawned on me and the sales guy that there was not even a drop of diesel left in the vehicle! He started requesting me to bring the vehicle to the left side of the road, as I was on the right side lane of busy Bangalore-Mysore State Highway. With great difficulty I brought the vehicle to the left side of the road, as it was sloping and halted using hand-brake. When we got down from the vehicle, we noticed that fuel was leaking from the engine bay. Now, it was my turn to taunt the sales guy: "My Maruti Suzuki Versa has never stalled in the middle of the road in the last 5.5 years!". The sales guy was profusely pleading sorry. After more than half hour, another demo-car Punto came and took us back to the show-room.

When Concorde Motors have not bothered to keep the test-drive vehicle in good condition, how they will provide good service for customers' vehicles, is a million dollar question. I found the sales executives unprofessional. A great product Fiat Linea has to suffer in the hands of inexperienced and unprofessional service staff of Concorde Motors. However, I had two more excellent test-drives on 1.4 petrol version, from another dealer Prerana Motors Pvt. Ltd. and Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. I decided in favour of Fiat Linea after test-driving Maruti Suzuki SX4 [twice] and Honda City [once].

More in my subsequent posts.

Nice report J. Ravi.
Thanks, RSM, for compliments.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the quick dealership review, J.Ravi. It must have been an embarrassing moment for the Sales Person, but wondering why did he ignored this at first in spite of knowing there’s not enough of fuel, maybe he was trying to demonstrate the excessive capabilities of Linea, eh? Anyways, Even I too had similar not-so-good experience with Tata-Fiat dealership twice, though not given a try to any other yet.

Drive Safe,
350Z

great review and pictures of your Linea buddy. except those mouth watering features was there any other reasons also for picking it over honda city? [:)]

great review and pictures of your Linea buddy. except those mouth watering features was there any other reasons also for picking it over honda city? [:)]
Might have been the excellent detailing and such. Besides, the ANHC's looks can be a bit too much for some people.
My, my, that's one harrowing TD. So how is the AfSS?

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Every sensible person will buy Linea over the overpriced City.

Thread Starter #23
Thanks for the quick dealership review, J.Ravi. It must have been an embarrassing moment for the Sales Person, but wondering why did he ignored this at first in spite of knowing there’s not enough of fuel, maybe he was trying to demonstrate the excessive capabilities of Linea, eh? Anyways, Even I too had similar not-so-good experience with Tata-Fiat dealership twice, though not given a try to any other yet.
TASS are improving slowly, but steadily. They may be good at Tata products, but still lack knowledge and understanding about Fiat products, IMO.
[clap]Hi, Ravi nice to see you here as well, I think your Linea is much more famous now than any other car, I see it every where I go (Forums).[clap]
Thank, cartoos, for kind words.
I do not want to pay premium for brand image alone. Moreover, having used an Japanese brand for 18 years, I wanted a change, so decided in favour of a European breed and Fiat Linea fits the bill. Sorry, I will not enter into a debate of Honda City V Fiat Linea.[:)]
Might have been the excellent detailing and such. Besides, the ANHC's looks can be a bit too much for some people.
My, my, that's one harrowing TD. So how is the AfSS?
I had my Fiat Linea's first and second servicing done at TASS to my satisfaction. The only negative thing I experienced there was the over-crowded customer waiting lounge.
Every sensible person will buy Linea over the overpriced City.
I fully agree with you, AMG.

Last edited:
J.Ravi, as a matter of fact, cartoos too is a fellow Linea owner! Where do get your fair ride serviced in general? I ask because we ourselves are planning to buy a new car and are looking at the Punto and Linea in addition to other options.

Thread Starter #25
*Arkin_Young*,

I know that cartoos is a proud owner of Fiat Linea.

I got my Fiat Linea's first and second servicing done at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. But, when I visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road [where I had my first TD!], for getting a minor niggle set right, the SA suggested me that I could as well come to them since they are well-versed with Fiat products now. So, I am toying with the idea of giving my Linea to them for the third servicing in October 2010 as it is near my home.

*Arkin_Young*,

I know that cartoos is a proud owner of Fiat Linea.

I got my Fiat Linea's first and second servicing done at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle. But, when I visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road [where I had my first TD!], for getting a minor niggle set right, the SA suggested me that I could as well come to them since they are well-versed with Fiat products now. So, I am toying with the idea of giving my Linea to them for the third servicing in October 2010 as it is near my home.
Where do you think we could get a decent TD? We live near Indiranagar.

Also, did you get any discounts on the Linea?

350Z

Core Team
Currently, I think there are no special discounts available on Linea, except of Rs.5,000 which is only restricted to Govt. Employees.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Currently, I think there are no special discounts available on Linea, except of Rs.5,000 which is only restricted to Govt. Employees.

Drive Safe,
350Z
My dad is a Govt. Employee, but Rs5000 doesn't seem a decent discount.
Any exchange bonus on the Linea and Punto?
OT - Read in ACI that the Punto is available with offers totalling to Rs30k.

Top Bottom