My Dream SUV XUV500

Thread Starter #31
@Lovecars:
This VFM thing is something which is out of my thinking levels or say my mind isn't able to think 100 definitions of VFM everyday.

For me VFM means:'Value for your money in LONG TERM'.In other words only low price and features don't mean VFM for me.
Take it this way:
I am driving a VFM car on a hilly road and then suddenly the brake go kaput..then what is value for money when the money holder won't be alive.
Bro, I have been driving on hills and Delhi roads for past 22 years clocking some 5,00,000 Km on the way and to suggest that I would keep a car with me to drive on hills with my family knowing that its brakes are going to fail me just because its cheap in price by your standards. Weird.
Maybe you are a very rich man for whom price doesn't matter but to an average middle class Indian who aspires for a big 3-row car, XUV500 is a best option and its best exemplified by a long waiting period, 2-3 Lac premium
and that too at a time when industry is reeling under severe recession.

I'll buy an XUV anyday for 17 lacs,I like it,my father like it.Only thing we need is TRUE VALUE FOR OUR MONEY-NOT ONLY SURFACE,BUT VALUE UNDERNEATH.M&M give us higher quality levels with same engine and gearbox and I am ready to pay the amount for the car because I what I believe is:-There is nothing called VFM in the world,people call it VFM to keep themselves happy.Actually those are compromises for cutting cost..else QUALITY ALWAYS COMES AT A PRICE.Cars with high quality and high reliability are VFM in my dictionary,at least I can go for any deal in that car 1000 kms away without even once doubting the car.
Before the launch of XUV,I am sure no one was waiting so eagerly for the car as I have waited for last one year when the first uncamouflaged pic of the car was scooped.
When I heard price I simply was disappointed because I understood that this car is going to have a lot of compromises on the name of VFM and unluckily my guess proved to be true.
Maybe its your take that if it would have been priced at 17 Lac instead of 11 Lac at which they launched it, you would have liked the car more. At least, I and others like me won't have even gone to get a look of it in that case. Ours is hard-earned money and we do check the price-tag before going for a product.

You are a lucky guy who got the W6 instead of W8.Why?Because that 1.5 lac is just burning of cash.Rest no doubt the engine and mechanicals have no match.The car you got is somewhere VFM but W8 is a compromise on 'quality' for adding some electronics.
Yes, here you are Right. W6 indeed was a better option because I knew too much Electronics might create problems in future esp. as their touch-screen system is borrowed from Nippon of Japan and their may not be many experts available here to rectify the problems which might have cropped up in future.
About world class product thing:Many people can call me 'PHOREN' fanatic,but then our indigenous world class products have forced me to respect them even more.
At least, I have begun to respect our home-grown heroes like Mahindra far more after driving their XUV for last 4 months. Cheers[clap]

Good on you
congrats for your car

I always respect Mahindra and Tata for making some really nice cars. boosted some jobs in that sector .

Any pros and cons you want to mention about your car MAte ?

@ TSIVipul:

You are getting a lot more paranoid than some XUV owners. Why do you fail the vehicle will break down? Why do you feel the brakes will fail?

Anyways, to each his own.

At least, I have begun to respect our home-grown heroes like Mahindra far more after driving their XUV for last 4 months. Cheers[clap]
Well,buddy you are the owner,and if you are happy then I am happy..[cheers]

@ TSIVipul:

You are getting a lot more paranoid than some XUV owners. Why do you fail the vehicle will break down? Why do you feel the brakes will fail?

Anyways, to each his own.
Maybe because I want a W9 variant,a variant which will have a Rockford Fosgate ICE,high quality soft touch plastic interior and tightly sprung.In other words a more costly but high quality variant for people like me who likes XUV from their heart but not form their mind(I must accept it,every XUV turns my head and then I look somewhere else saying 'not for me'.Note:I bash only those cars which I want to own someday hence I want them to be perfect).

Rest I have no doubt on the mechanicals of XUV!!

Thread Starter #35
Good on you
congrats for your car

I always respect Mahindra and Tata for making some really nice cars. boosted some jobs in that sector .

Any pros and cons you want to mention about your car MAte ?
Pros: Great pick-up, Commanding driving position with great view across windscreen, good mileage-that too on Diesel, great leg-room, overall great VFM
Cons: almost zero boot-space, can't think of any other major drawback.....
Wud advise all those who have big families and love to go together to go for this great Car/SUV...........a real first-class product from Mahindra

Thread Starter #36
Thanks for clearing those doubts.
Was seeing a lot of presumptions made about XUV by people who do NOT even own it.
Maybe a case of sour grapes for them :tongue:

after hearing it from the owners i guess the long trash talk of its unreliability should be put to rest.[/Q
SuperGood reference to Sour Grapes from U Bro- it seems in case of XUV, owners are happy but not many others around them.
Are U aware of any other car which has a waiting period of 4 months, which gets 25,000 bookings in one week when it asks for only 8,000, which increases prices by around 50k within 3 mths of its launch and still doesn't cause slightest dent in demand and above all, has been pronounced a clear Winner by all leading Auto experts, auto websites and most importantly, its proud Buyers[;)]

Maybe because I want a W9 variant,a variant which will have a Rockford Fosgate ICE,high quality soft touch plastic interior and tightly sprung.In other words a more costly but high quality variant for people like me who likes XUV from their heart but not form their mind(I must accept it,every XUV turns my head and then I look somewhere else saying 'not for me'.Note:I bash only those cars which I want to own someday hence I want them to be perfect).

Rest I have no doubt on the mechanicals of XUV!!
And then take the on road price to 18 Lacs? Remember what happened with the Aria?

Unlike TATA, Mahindra is here to sell cars and not make cars which have enough fans but nobody to buy it.

SuperGood reference to Sour Grapes from U Bro- it seems in case of XUV, owners are happy but not many others around them.
Are U aware of any other car which has a waiting period of 4 months, which gets 25,000 bookings in one week when it asks for only 8,000, which increases prices by around 50k within 3 mths of its launch and still doesn't cause slightest dent in demand and above all, has been pronounced a clear Winner by all leading Auto experts, auto websites and most importantly, its proud Buyers[;)]
I have seen owners complaining about minor niggles. But it has been blown out of proposition by non-owners.

If the niggles were something serious, I admit, even I would have made a big fuss about it. But here the owners are happy, since they got timely support from M&M.

As already mentioned in post no.34...owners are happy,we are happy.

@Raj:
I think they can do it after 2-3 years when XUV will have a good hold on the market from 12-18 lacs.
Rest M&M higher management is smarter than me,so no comments.
BTW:What about a higher quality W9 variant at a price equal to or slightly higher than W8 AWD?

@Lovecars and SuperBAD[evil]:
About sour grapes thing..ah,no comment.But yes,the grapes were tasty being slightly sour(because I tasted them,not just saw and jumped)

BTW:What about a higher quality W9 variant at a price equal to or slightly higher than W8 AWD?
Economics of parts?

Manufacturers these days save a lot of money by sharing parts between models. Maruti is the greatest example.

Here, you are asking different parts in the same model (one better quality and other comparatively poorer), which will increase the costs a lot. So the W9 will cost a lot more than the W8 AWD.

Also, what if customers dont want that rich quality plastics? Which is the case, as we can see that XUV is selling like hot cakes even with the current plastics. So designing a W9 variant with better quality for such puny limited numbers will be a blunder for M&M.

Lastly, with such a price hike, it will slowly get nearer to the Captiva, Fortuner and Koleos. Who will buy the XUV then?

Thread Starter #40
Economics of parts?

Manufacturers these days save a lot of money by sharing parts between models. Maruti is the greatest example.

Here, you are asking different parts in the same model (one better quality and other comparatively poorer), which will increase the costs a lot. So the W9 will cost a lot more than the W8 AWD.

Anyways if ever Mahindra comes out with something like Vipul desires, they wud call it W10 and not W10. I don't think ppl at Mahindra like odd nos., remember its W8 after W6 and not W7.[;)]

Also, what if customers dont want that rich quality plastics? Which is the case, as we can see that XUV is selling like hot cakes even with the current plastics. So designing a W9 variant with better quality for such puny limited numbers will be a blunder for M&M.

At first glance when I saw XUV for the first time in Oct11, even I didn't like the plastics but over a period of time, I have actually begun liking them. They gel very nicely with the overall concept of the car. In fact, whenever someone enters my car for the 1st time, he always says that 'interiors look very nice'.

Lastly, with such a price hike, it will slowly get nearer to the Captiva, Fortuner and Koleos. Who will buy the XUV then?
Exactly, very good point. Pricing XUV way below the Captivas', Endys' and the Fortuners' of the world was the 'killer blow' by Mahindra from which they are still to recover. Mr Anand Mahindra will never commit the mistake of going into their territory. While the Cheetah rules the 10-15L segment, he will let loose the Syangyong brigade to take them on[;)]

Thread Starter #41
As already mentioned in post no.34...owners are happy,we are happy.

@Raj:
I think they can do it after 2-3 years when XUV will have a good hold on the market from 12-18 lacs.
Rest M&M higher management is smarter than me,so no comments.

About sour grapes thing..ah,no comment.But yes,the grapes were tasty being slightly sour(because I tasted them,not just saw and jumped)
Vipul, don't take anything personal bro. Nothing is aimed at you. It's just a healthy discussion to prove that XUV500 is not such a bad car after all. Its just a matter of different expectations of different people[:)]

sorry for pinpointing it out to you .but i think I know the reason .
If i could remember you were ready to buy an XUV but the 3Lakh "premium " by the dealer left a sour taste in your mouth.
(j/k)

@Superbad:-
Buddy you have got a sharp memory.Actually you are right,that day was special and if the SE would have said just 50k then definitely I'd have bought an XUV W8 at the same time.
Rest I am happy from this decision.No sour taste remaining now,because I know that the car i am driving now is keeping me far far more happy then an XUV would have kept and now I am habitual of driving the D-4D too and churning out good performance out of it too.C'mon guys..leave everything aside,this is the ownership thread of Lovecars and let's not try to hijack it.

@LOVECARS:
When are the alloys coming?
And what about adding some amplifier and bass tube thing to the car?

HIDs,Leather seat covers or nay other interior upgrade...anything?
Else you and I are nearly same,nothing added to my Corolla except leather seat covers.

Top Bottom