My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG

Good to hear that your car is running good and keeping you happy.

For wheelcaps place an order with any dealer , i think it may arrive atleast in a month!

So for so good.
4400 km till today. No issues so far
^^this feel so good to hear.
its incredible feel to know that sandeep is having a good experience with his ride.

and let me wish him best, going on safe with happy experiences.

excellent sandeep! read your complete thread today...all the very best with your ride and i am sure many more miles to come through...do share an interim report on how are things going with your car and any mods if you got done to your beauty!
BTW, i love the factor the kind of mileage you have been getting and most of the maruti vehicles tend to give. great going!

Thread Starter #65
Logo Stolen

Yesterday night I parked my car outside my society as there is some internal road work going in the society. Today morning I saw my front logo missing. [frustration]

I think now a days the trend is going on to steal the logos. I am seeing many cars with missing logos on the road here in Pune. She is looking very bad with missing logo. Anyways I am going for second service, I'll fix the logo at that time.

Why thieves are started stealing logos? Those are not much costly IMO.
Is there any way to protect these logos?

12012011016.jpg

Re: Logo Stolen

Yesterday night I parked my car outside my society as there is some internal road work going in the society. Today morning I saw my front logo missing. [frustration]

I think now a days the trend is going on to steal the logos. I am seeing many cars with missing logos on the road here in Pune. She is looking very bad with missing logo. Anyways I am going for second service, I'll fix the logo at that time.

Why thieves are started stealing logos? Those are not much costly IMO.
Is there any way to protect these logos?

View attachment 15101
Man, this is weird. it hardly cost few hundred rupees i guess.

may be some children removed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Re: My Dream My Car My Wagon-R

Sandeep, Sad to know about the theft. This is another case of car logo theft on our forum. I am afraid if there is any permanent method to keep the burglars away. However, you can now start being more cautious in future. Such as by parking the car in a safe area, and covering it up. Also, sticking the logo with some solid adhesive should help perhaps. Please do also visit the following thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ing-your-car-theft-tips-tricks.html#post62929

Drive Safe,
350Z

Cheap fellows. You might end up buying your own logo from some shop. This is how this logo stealing business works.

This is really sad. The logos aren't costly for maruti. However for skoda and Volkswagen, its costly. lately VW and skoda were giving logos for free to prevent this theft, but in vain.

Sorry to hear about the incident Sandeep! Yes she is looking very bad without the logo , logo stealing business has been going on for a long time! Best way is to park your car in a safer place. Since its Maruti it will be cheaper for you , cant imagine for Skoda , VW , Merc , BMW etc!

Thread Starter #70
Update: Second Service Done

Hi

Done second service at Sai Service. The service experience was average. Quoted Rs. 850 for wheel alignment and balancing, I thought that was too much for W.A. and W.B. so its pending as of today, will find some good wheel alignment center this weekend. Also car was not washed properly, there were still some visible stains on the body. Fixed the logo for Rs. 120. Wheel cap will arrive this weekend.

Re: Update: Second Service Done

Hi

Done second service at Sai Service. The service experience was average. Quoted Rs. 850 for wheel alignment and balancing, I thought that was too much for W.A. and W.B. so its pending as of today, will find some good wheel alignment center this weekend. Also car was not washed properly, there were still some visible stains on the body. Fixed the logo for Rs. 120. Wheel cap will arrive this weekend.

yup the price for WA and WB is high. normally a very good shop just charges 500 at max for the job, i also don't prefer these jobs to be done by Maruti SVC

That is why i always get it done outside at reputed tyre shops! Moreover you don know whether the A.S.S really do the alignment and balancing!

Dear Mr. Sandeep,

I am also a proud owner of new wagon-r since january 2011. I am also in seach for the usb adapter cable. Can you plese let me know the exact way to get the cable? address/phone no. etc

thanks. mayukh maity, haldia, west bengal

So for so good.
4400 km till today. No issues so far except following:

Now the USB adapter is available but at Rs. 4990/-. Dropped idea of of the USB Adapter as of now, I'll manage with Aux-In for some more time.

Yet to find Wheel cap. It is not available with any dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #74

Hi,

Its been long time I have updated this thread. Till now covered 11800 on petrol.

Its really pinching hard @72 rupees/ltr. As my daily running has increased to 50 km so converted on CNG yesterday.

Tomasetto kit with Timing Advancer and 12 kg cylinder costed 32K including RTO charges.

Today covered 60 km on CNG and don't feel difference on petrol or on CNG in terms of performance. The sacrifices are boot space and engine warranty. But there is more happiness driving less than 2 rupees per km than the sacrifices. According to dealer it will deliver 22-23 km/kg in city and 30 km/kg on hi-way.

Yet to calculate the mileage with CNG. I'll update once I go for refill again.

Top Bottom