My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG

Congrats Sandeep. And you said it started raining when you were taking it home. Thats a good sign. Now dont say that i am superstitious, my mom says this.
congrats buddy for new blue eyed boy. is it LXI or VXI? and silver color is very common..but still looking good. did you saw brown color?
Thats a VXi.

Thanks Amiti. As of today I am totally out of budget so no modifications at all for now. Even I am planning to live with the stock music system which is pretty decent but lacks bass.

One question related to Music System: It has a USB button but whenever I press it, it says connect adapter. What kind of adapter it is asking. I inquired for this adapter to 3-4 dealers but nobody has it in stock and nobody knows what it is and they don't know when it will be available to them. But the price quoted by them for this adapter is 1500.

Does anybody knows what kind of adapter is it?
Yes.
Its an USB adapter that plugs into ur OE HU for USB support. Cost is 80 bucks. Search for it. only maruti can provide u this.

Thread Starter #18
congrats buddy for new blue eyed boy. is it LXI or VXI? and silver color is very common..but still looking good. did you saw brown color?
Its a VXI. I saw brown while booking but somewhat felt silver is better than brown. I was more inclined towards Chocolate color but I unable to convince other family members for that color. Silver looks good the only problem with it is its too common now.
Hey Sandeep why don you ask the dealer for the adapter?
I asked him but he don't have any idea of it.

Yes.
Its an USB adapter that plugs into ur OE HU for USB support. Cost is 80 bucks. Search for it. only maruti can provide u this.
I'll search for the adapter. Are you sure its just 80 bucks because one dealer in Pune quoted 1500.

Its now 3 days I am driving my car and haven't faced any issues so far. So far I have clocked 320 km. Expecting another at least 300 km before another refueling. It took 36.25 ltrs to full the tank and fuel gauge has to cross half mark. So approximate FE would be 620 / 36.25 = 17.1 kmpl. This will be with 100 % AC and 50-50 highway and city. I will be more than happy if my calculations turns out to be true. (I know this is a not appropriate method to calculate FE, I will update exact FE figures later).

AC is good, doesn't strain the engine cools the cabin in nearly 10 - 15 mins.

Some pics:
IMG_10621.jpg
This is the USB button I am talking about. Whenever I press it says use adapter. The SQ is decent but not for the one who loves lots of bass. Simple to use, all the buttons are easy to reach.

IMG_10611.jpg
Odd placement of 12V socket, too close to steering column.

IMG_10711.jpg
Driver side controls. I loved the electronically adjustable mirrors.

IMG_10631.jpg
Pretty decent rear leg room. Haven't bothered to remove the plastic covers from seat as there will not be any co passenger with me at least for this week. I removed it from drivers seat.

IMG_10651.jpg
Lights at rear seat - useful feature.

02102010032.jpg
Somewhat smaller boot space as compared to previous Wagon R.

More updates soon.

Last edited:
again a good set of pictures.

your query is about the aux port.

Aux port is just a input for sound and not a player.

Usb connect(usb adaptor , with one end usb and other end aux port) aux port wont play when you plug in a usb device in the usb connect.

But it will play when you plug in a usb - mp3 player into the usb connect

I'll make it simple , it needs a player.

Oh now i get it!

Sandeep all you need is an Aux cable to connect mobile with your OE player. Must cost something around Rs.50 i think.

Thread Starter #23
ilango[speed thirst];54727 said:
again a good set of pictures.

your query is about the aux port.

Aux port is just a input for sound and not a player.

Usb connect(usb adaptor , with one end usb and other end aux port) aux port wont play when you plug in a usb device in the usb connect.

But it will play when you plug in a usb - mp3 player into the usb connect

I'll make it simple , it needs a player.
Sorry for the late reply.

No I am talking about the USB adapter not Aux in. Currently I am attaching my moblie phone to Aux in. But the real pain is that for previous/next, folder change I have to do it on my phone and while driving its somewhat uncomfortable to me. It has the provision for USB through adapter. Saturday again visited all the dealers in Pune for this adapter but nobody has it. All said they haven't got it from MUL. Tomorrow I will scan the manual for what they say for this adapter. It will be really great if someone inquire about this adapter to their nearest dealer and if somebody has it in stock please let me know. I'll pay the cost + shipping charges.

About the filming:
Got the quotation of Llumar 75% heat rejection for Rs. 1800 and for front windshield Rs. 2200. Are the prices quoted are reasonable? Does front windshield filming affect the visibility specially in night? How to check for authenticity of the film because the accessory shop owner has it in a big roll nothing marked on it except Llumar, no other parameters.

About the filming:
Got the quotation of Llumar 75% heat rejection for Rs. 1800 and for front windshield Rs. 2200. Are the prices quoted are reasonable? Does front windshield filming affect the visibility specially in night? How to check for authenticity of the film because the accessory shop owner has it in a big roll nothing marked on it except Llumar, no other parameters.
The quote seems reasonable to me. The windshield tint normally costs around 2000-3000. So if you have been quoted Rs.2200, its reasonable.
Coming to the point of Authenticity, the thing you must ensure the tint has the Llumar logo(Text) marked on it.

If i am to believe some of my friends the front windshield film actually reduces the glare a bit at nights , not sure though!

Thread Starter #28
Updating post after a long time.

Till now covered 2000 kms. No problems what so ever. Enjoying my ride.
Still in stock condition. No seat covers, no filming.
FE update:

First tank full:
got 17.1 (50 50 highway and city with 100% AC)

Second:
17.5 (60 40 highway and city with 100% AC)

Third:
20.53 (80 20 highway and city with 100% AC)

I am not going above 2500 rpm.
I am happy with my decision.

Yes the K-series engine is really fuel-efficient.

Found out a solution for your USB problem? Our member Chevybeat had the same problem like yours , and he finally got that thing which is required. Check out his ownership report for the details.

Top Bottom