My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Finally I am writing my first ever car buying experience. My car arrived at dealers step on 27th September 2010. But I took the delivery yesterday on auspicious day of Dashahara. It was indeed a long wait from 27th sept to 17 oct.

Heres the short story of my experience.

I am a auto freak, but due to circumstances (mainly financial) every time I have to delay my car. Meanwhile I learnt driving started taking test drives of all cars to fulfill my desire of driving. One day a thought came to my mind, if I am not able to buy a new car why not to search for a used one and that too M800. So the hunt begins. Visiting used car dealers/owners became my every weekend program. I found a very good deal on M800 but could not worked out, owner glued to 70K and I am not moving further from 65K. Deal broke by just 5K (today I feel glad otherwise I would have been driving 8 years old car for another couple of years). Days passed by I was not finding any good used car for right price. Decided to quit the idea of searching used cars. So a new search for new car began.

Cars Considered:
Zen Estilo: Ruled out due to old design and I did'nt feel as comfortable as in Wagon R and also lack of steering feedback.

Fiat Palio: This car was in the list only because of the huge discount (nearly 1L) they were offering. But eventually that also ruled out.

Vista Saffire: It was the top contender. Enormous space inside, good drivability. Even I took 2 TDs of saffire after booking Wagon R. But due to poor resale of petrol tata vechile and small niggling issues after couple of years which are prone to TATA cars pushed me away from saffire. (If I was considering any desile car, I would have definately picked up QJD)

Figo: Stories of expensive spares and high running costs parted me away from this car. Anyways not thought of this car much as it was somwhat out of budget for me.

Alto K10: A good car, but felt somewhat crumpled inside. While looking at K10 SP advised me to take look at new Wagon R, and realized this is the car I am looking for and thus finally settled down for Wagon R.

Here are some pics before registration:
01102010016.jpg

Some exterior pics:
01102010021.jpg
01102010026.jpg
01102010029.jpg

Delivery Day:

Reached dealer around 9 AM. I was very much excited. SP explained me all the features of the car again and handed over all the documents.

Waiting to go her own home
IMG_1034.jpg

After this it started raining heavily, so unable to take pictures. While taking delivery odo reading was 27 KM which I think is decent. Now odo is reading 230 KM. So far I haven't found any issues except somewhat low pickup in first gear specially in ghats with 5 adults in the car and AC on. I don't have interior pics now. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited:
Congratulations sandeep. Have a great time.

When we bought a estilo long back 07 , i found both the estilo and wagon r same except in shell design. even seat , steering etc were same.

It was good that you waited , else you may have got a old model wagon R too . rightly booked and delivered. Enjoy the blue eye boy!

I'm happy you've got your car at last. I wish you hundreds of happy miles and many exciting sojourns with your new ride. May the WagonR take your family and you to places safely and comfortably. Let us know more in an initial ownership review. The WagonR was the ideal choice within your budget, and makes a lot of sense, no wonder it sells so well. Happy revvin'.

350Z

Core Team
So finally...finally the big dilemma now ends and happy journey begins! Sandeep, Many hearty congratulations for getting home a brand new Wagon-R. You have covered a fairly good distance on odometer within a day itself. Take care of her well, and she will never let you disappoint. Also being a Maruti, You are definitely going to enjoy the easy ownership experience. Keep us updated with more details and pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

sandeep, congratulations on your new blue eyed boy, looks cool in this shade.Wish you many happy miles with your ownership and keep updating your thread with some more pictures.

Thread Starter #11
Congratulations. Nice choice.
ilango[speed thirst];54406 said:
Congratulations sandeep. Have a great time.
When we bought a estilo long back 07 , i found both the estilo and wagon r same except in shell design. even seat , steering etc were same.
It was good that you waited , else you may have got a old model wagon R too . rightly booked and delivered. Enjoy the blue eye boy!

I'm happy you've got your car at last. I wish you hundreds of happy miles and many exciting sojourns with your new ride. May the WagonR take your family and you to places safely and comfortably. Let us know more in an initial ownership review. The WagonR was the ideal choice within your budget, and makes a lot of sense, no wonder it sells so well. Happy revvin'.
So finally...finally the big dilemma now ends and happy journey begins! Sandeep, Many hearty congratulations for getting home a brand new Wagon-R. You have covered a fairly good distance on odometer within a day itself. Take care of her well, and she will never let you disappoint. Also being a Maruti, You are definitely going to enjoy the easy ownership experience. Keep us updated with more details and pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z
congo buddy. i like the colour.
The wait seems to have got over finally , Congratulations SandeepK! Silver is looking good.
Congrats buddy.A very nice choice indeed. The colour also looks good.[:)]
congrats mate . nice colour choice . DO post more pic
sandeep, congratulations on your new blue eyed boy, looks cool in this shade.Wish you many happy miles with your ownership and keep updating your thread with some more pictures.
Thanks everybody for your wishes. I'll update the thread soon with more pictures.

Congratulations Sandeep. Wagon R is good to drive and will be easy on pocket too. Are you planning any modifications?

Thread Starter #13
Congratulations Sandeep. Wagon R is good to drive and will be easy on pocket too. Are you planning any modifications?
Thanks Amiti. As of today I am totally out of budget so no modifications at all for now. Even I am planning to live with the stock music system which is pretty decent but lacks bass.

One question related to Music System: It has a USB button but whenever I press it, it says connect adapter. What kind of adapter it is asking. I inquired for this adapter to 3-4 dealers but nobody has it in stock and nobody knows what it is and they don't know when it will be available to them. But the price quoted by them for this adapter is 1500.

Does anybody knows what kind of adapter is it?

congrats buddy for new blue eyed boy. is it LXI or VXI? and silver color is very common..but still looking good. did you saw brown color?

Hey Sandeep why don you ask the dealer for the adapter?

But this is strange , i have never heard an issue like this before!

Top Bottom