My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG

@ Sandeep

Just the kind of information I was looking for.

I am planning of buying a new car myself and after looking at various makes and models (all the non-petrol hatchback options), I am very close to have made a decision in favor of WagonR CNG.

One of the very few points that is holding us back in making the final decision is the difficulty in the CNG supply in Pune and the long waiting times to get the refill done. As with you, my daily running would be close to 50 kms within the city and it looks as if I will need to refill at least once every week if not more.

Can you share how your experience has been with using a CNG car in Pune, especially wrt the refilling problem that I am worried about?

Thanks,
Sachin

Thread Starter #93
@ Sandeep

Just the kind of information I was looking for.

I am planning of buying a new car myself and after looking at various makes and models (all the non-petrol hatchback options), I am very close to have made a decision in favor of WagonR CNG.

One of the very few points that is holding us back in making the final decision is the difficulty in the CNG supply in Pune and the long waiting times to get the refill done. As with you, my daily running would be close to 50 kms within the city and it looks as if I will need to refill at least once every week if not more.

Can you share how your experience has been with using a CNG car in Pune, especially wrt the refilling problem that I am worried about?

Thanks,
Sachin
I don't know in which part of Pune you live, if you are in Pune city then I can only say that refilling is horrible, after waiting for the line for more than 1 hr you are not sure whether you will get the CNG or not as no online station available except Shivajinagar where you can get it from 8 PM to 8AM, but if you go at 3AM then also you can see that there are already 10 - 15 cars ahead of you. I never refill in Pune City.

I live in Dange Chawk and I fill CNG at Chinchwad which is a online pump. There too I have to wait around 45 mins average (in between 2AM - 5AM nobody is there it just take your car and the pump attendant is waiting for you) but the experience is far better than Pune city.

I don't know in which part of Pune you live, if you are in Pune city then I can only say that refilling is horrible, after waiting for the line for more than 1 hr you are not sure whether you will get the CNG or not as no online station available except Shivajinagar where you can get it from 8 PM to 8AM, but if you go at 3AM then also you can see that there are already 10 - 15 cars ahead of you. I never refill in Pune City.

I live in Dange Chawk and I fill CNG at Chinchwad which is a online pump. There too I have to wait around 45 mins average (in between 2AM - 5AM nobody is there it just take your car and the pump attendant is waiting for you) but the experience is far better than Pune city.
Thanks Sandeep

I live in the Sinhagad Road area and have taken the risk and booked a WagonR Green. Will share my experience on CNG refilling. The trade off for me was between economy and convenience. I know it is going to be a hassle but considering my daily driving of 50 kms economy prevailed. And here's hoping that the situation improves in the near future !

@sandeepk

My wagonR's(k10) lights(headlights,cabin lamps) dims and brightens when Accelerator is pressed as if there is a voltage fluctuation.The lights also dims when AC is switched on , when Brakes are appliedor when power window switch is working.Is this occurring in every Wagonr k10 or alto k10.My Service people said its NORMAL.
there is no fluctuation while on battery(i.e when Engine is off) .
Please Check this in your car.Check whether the interior cabin lights or headlights dims and brightens while accelerating and please do reply.

Thank you.

Thread Starter #96
@sandeepk

My wagonR's(k10) lights(headlights,cabin lamps) dims and brightens when Accelerator is pressed as if there is a voltage fluctuation.The lights also dims when AC is switched on , when Brakes are appliedor when power window switch is working.Is this occurring in every Wagonr k10 or alto k10.My Service people said its NORMAL.
there is no fluctuation while on battery(i.e when Engine is off) .
Please Check this in your car.Check whether the interior cabin lights or headlights dims and brightens while accelerating and please do reply.

Thank you.
There is not such thing happening with my car. The light throw is constant irrespective of acceleration. Try other MASS or some good local garage too if MASS is not able to figure out the problem.

Hi Sandeep,

Wanted to check-in with you and know few thing about your car. I have booked a Wagon R Lxi CNG and would be taking delivery in few days.

I wanted to know which model is your car (not sure if the same has been mentioned in middle pages of this thread) as i see Tachometer being there which is not part of my version. Also you say stock music system came in while mine has none? Also if you don't mind can you share the OTR that you paid for it and you per Km cost that CNG run is offering?

I hope that's not a lot of questions [;)]

Thread Starter #98
Hi Sandeep,

Wanted to check-in with you and know few thing about your car. I have booked a Wagon R Lxi CNG and would be taking delivery in few days.

I wanted to know which model is your car (not sure if the same has been mentioned in middle pages of this thread) as i see Tachometer being there which is not part of my version. Also you say stock music system came in while mine has none? Also if you don't mind can you share the OTR that you paid for it and you per Km cost that CNG run is offering?

I hope that's not a lot of questions [;)]

Mine is VXI thats why you can see the tacho meter and stock music system. I have paid 4.3L OTR in Oct. 2010 and 30K in Oct 2011 for CNG conversion.

Currently in Pune CNG costs Rs. 43.00 /kg. and gives 22-23 km/kg in city and 30-31 km/kg on highways.

Hello Fellas

Glad to be an part of TAMI, this is going to be my first post in kindly excuse me for any mistakes :)

I own Wagon-R LXI (Green version) too and I need basic DIY info if it is applicable.

History:
My waggy is 2.5 yrs old, around 18,500 KM on odo, blame me for not utilizing it fully at it's capacity [frustration], recently researched a lot and decided to go for premium hatch or sadan for upgrade, until find few threads on different forums on Wagon-r's trusted engine and workhorse functionality and ofcourse TAMI played vital role while reading all the details about my car [:)]

So here I am looking for few changes:

1) Due to CNG tank, I am not able to use a boot space, so my question to you experts are, is it possible to opt a roof box or soft roof box for wagon r? as far as roof rack concerns I would be happy to use it until it would be a last option available.

2) For better grip which tires I should use?

3) Is it possible to install rear viper?

4) Better headlamps for night driving.

Thanks for all your support.

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
My waggy is 2.5 yrs old, around 18,500 KM on odo, blame me for not utilizing it fully at it's capacity
18500 in 2.5 years ain't bad for a petrol car.

1) Due to CNG tank, I am not able to use a boot space, so my question to you experts are, is it possible to opt a roof box or soft roof box for wagon r? as far as roof rack concerns I would be happy to use it until it would be a last option available.

2) For better grip which tires I should use?

3) Is it possible to install rear viper?

4) Better headlamps for night driving.

Thanks for all your support.
1. Check this out. Thule Touring Might be a little costly though.

2. Lots of options. I would always recommending upsizing to next available size, particularly for Marutis.

3. Of course possible.

4. 100/90 headlight bulbs + wiring kit. Branded bulbs dont harm the reflectors much.

1. Check this out. Thule Touring Might be a little costly though.

2. Lots of options. I would always recommending upsizing to next available size, particularly for Marutis.

3. Of course possible.

4. 100/90 headlight bulbs + wiring kit. Branded bulbs dont harm the reflectors much.
1) I checked that already it was way to expensive, ofcourse quality will not match with local manufacturers like Ajantha etc. should be able to update you soon about storage [:)]
2) What would be the best options you can recommend me here as far as tires concerned ?
3) [clap] I didn't know most of SVC's here had denied fitting the rear vipers, I am quiet worried if I do it from outside it would void the warranty?
Thanks for your reply..

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
1) I checked that already it was way to expensive, ofcourse quality will not match with local manufacturers like Ajantha etc. should be able to update you soon about storage [:)]
2) What would be the best options you can recommend me here as far as tires concerned ?
3) [clap] I didn't know most of SVC's here had denied fitting the rear vipers, I am quiet worried if I do it from outside it would void the warranty?
Thanks for your reply..
2. Michelin XM2+, Falken Ziex, Yokohoma S-Drive, Bridgestone MY02, Nankang ns2, etc.
3. Car being 2.5 year old should be out of warranty.

Top Bottom