My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG

Thread Starter #76
SandeepK from where you have done this job ? I am also in process of fitting CNG for my zen.
I have done this from Mirajkar Automoblies

Welcome to Mirajkar CNG GAS fitting Center to Cars, Repair and Maintenance of four wheelers

The owner is very knowledgeable. In the first visit itself he told me that he is charging some extra from others as he is spending much time in tuning the kit and he will not deliver the car unless he is satisfied with the performance of car. And I had seen his efforts as I was there during the whole installation.

Thread Starter #78
Today refilled the tank again. This is the 4th time I refilled the tank. Here are the milage figures.

1st refill: 20 km/kg. Purely city driving with 80% AC.
2nd refill: 29.58 km/kg. Purely highway driving with 100% AC.
3rd refill: 23 km/kg. Again in city driving

I am very happy with these figures. [:D]

Thread Starter #80
Surfer:

I want to see your installation. Specially how to access the spare tyre. But nowadays I am too busy to find time. I will PM you my number.

Surfer:

I want to see your installation. Specially how to access the spare tyre. But nowadays I am too busy to find time. I will PM you my number.
Congratulations Sandeep,[clap] You are getting excellent FE, well I had seen surfers car, and CNG installation on the same day he had done it. That's an advantage of TAI meet! well as planned if you are coming in the morning on the meet day, you can have a look at surfers car. As Surfer will be there by default...[lol]

Wagon car is also a complete family car!

Hey Sandeep
Can you tell me where we can get the USB adapter? I am from chennai. I have been trying this for long time, I can not get it.

Thanks

Thread Starter #84
Time to update the thread.

Completed 32K and 20k on CNG.

Couple of months back my car was giving troubles when on CNG specially at slow speeds. The problem was intermittent. Suddenly it used to loose power and engine shuts down.

Mr. Mirajkar who fitted the kit was not sure why this was happening. So finally decided to change the whole kit along with the wiring. Now it is running on BRC kit. After replacing the kit there is no problem at all.

Thread Starter #85
Re: My Dream My Car My Wagon-R, Now on CNG Updated Head Lamps

After using the stock head lamps for 37K kms i do feel lack of visibility specially on highways when you have upcoming lights coming from other side of the road, so the upgrade of bulbs was must.

Initially thought of upgrading to 55-60W of Philips Xtreme Power which claims to be 80% more power than stock bulbs, but installed 90-100 with relay instead. and the result is good now I can see the road more clearly than before and it does not blind out the oncoming traffic in deeper. The total cost of the upgrade is 750 including relay and bulbs.

But one thing what worries me is that there is not fuse in the circuit. The installer told me that it is not required. But planning to have it. But doesn't know what amperage fuse I should go for?

Dear SandeepK, how is the pick-up before converted into CNG especially in a hilly terrains? I want to know about its performance in a narrow and hilly roads as I am intending to purchase the new facelifted wagon R.

Hi, Does anyone know on how much of CNG can be filled in the new Wagon R CNG (The company fitted) version? What is the max you could fill up and the number of kilometers you could run with One full CNG tank?

Thanks

Thread Starter #88
Hi, Does anyone know on how much of CNG can be filled in the new Wagon R CNG (The company fitted) version? What is the max you could fill up and the number of kilometers you could run with One full CNG tank?

Thanks
The max you can fill is around 9kg depending on the pressure. once you filled you can go around 200 kms in city and around 250 - 270 on highways.

In my recent trip I managed to get 300 km in 9.5 kg with constant 90 - 100 speed and 100 % AC. But such figures are not possible every on an average you may get 270 kms on highways.

wow.. Thant's nice. Do you have the new model of Wagon R CNG which got launched recently? I also bought the same but out of the 4 lights it comes to the last one after running approx 120 kms :-( I have got my first servicing done.

Thread Starter #90
wow.. Thant's nice. Do you have the new model of Wagon R CNG which got launched recently? I also bought the same but out of the 4 lights it comes to the last one after running approx 120 kms :-( I have got my first servicing done.
No I don't have factory fitted kit. I have installed it aftermarket. Mine is 2010 model. At that time there was no option of CNG. I never look at the CNG level lights as in my case they are non linear. I don't know whether factory fitted gives correct readings. But the practice what I follow is that after every fill I reset my trip meter to 0. This gives me better idea like how much I can go before refill.

Top Bottom