My Companion For a Decade. My Fierro.

Thread Starter #1
In 2002 when for the first time in my life I could afford a bike I searched for a second hand bike . My dream was to have a bike smaller than a bullet but bigger than a splendor .my search goes on for 3-4 months and I found him .

For some unknown reason the bike had changed two owners within 6 months of purchase [confused] But it was in a good condition .It had a self starter which was very rare then in 2002 .( When I used to start my bike in petrol bunks the guys in the bunk would look with a surprise [:D] )

I drove him alone about 230kms to my home town, got fever in that night cause it was very cold during the travel (no protective cloths )

From that day he became a part of me and serving very well crossed more than 1.5 lakhs kms .

Now here are the pics.

Attachments

Re: My companion for a decade.My fierro

Been abused there.[surprise] Front mudguard, Rear indicator, Foot rest, gear lever all bear the marks of it.

Thread Starter #3

yes abused a lot not by me but my staff did lot of the damage in about 6 months time .
broke my review mirror .foot rest twice ,cross bumber ,still my boy kept running'
And some of the plastic parts are very hard to get. Ordered it and waited for more than a year but didn't get it .
So was in a mood to give him a retirement but it was hard to do.
Not satisfied with any of the new bikes .

1.5 lakh kms !! How many engine rebuilds/Block-piston jobs?

I remember the reviews of the Fiero when it was launched. Almost all auto magazines were unanimous that this engine was so smooth it was almost like liquid! No wonder your bike has done so many kilometers without batting an eyelid. The presence of more fancy bikes like the Pulsars and the CBZ did not bode well for the Fiero and it's bland styling with that Scooty front end didn't help matters either. It had a fidgety suspension and the front end was too light. But the exhaust note was fantastic (BITT-BITTT). Good to see your bike. Wishing you many more happy kilometers of riding on/with it. Keep us posted !

Thread Starter #5

1.5 lakh kms !! How many engine rebuilds/Block-piston jobs?

!
That is the sweetest part, even abused this much it didn't went for a engine or gearbox work still no problem.

That is the main reason for my hesitation to give him a retirement.

How well it be if it was restored? [;)]

Last edited:

I am astonished. Really astonished. The Fiero, then is the Toyota among two-wheelers.

When it came out , it wasn't that popular because at that time it was all Hero Honda CBZ I had CBZ as well .

One of my mate bought a Fiero , I always liked it.
IT looks tough but yeah As Jalex said, seems like it has been abused.

Thread Starter #9

When it came out , it wasn't that popular because at that time it was all Hero Honda CBZ I had CBZ as well .

One of my mate bought a Fiero , I always liked it.
IT looks tough but yeah As Jalex said, seems like it has been abused.
Cant agree it was totally abused because the running condition was in very good condition till now. but some parts cannot be get easily as I told earlier I had waited for a year to get the side door and front mud guard and when I got It they were of different colors Black ,red , silver [confused]

I started the work.

Attachments

One of my favorite bikes.:) Still love its power and looks,All the best.Paintings looks good too.:)

[clap]Congrats ! Looks as good as new, though some close up pics would be appreciated. The Apache fairing looks a size bigger considering the proportions of the Fiero, but it doesn't look bad. How much did this job cost you? Any work done on the engine/gearbox?

Thread Starter #15
Engine timing chain was changed (my mech told this who knows?)Engine noise reduced a lot [:D]
no other work done on the engine or gear box side I am damn sure my boy will go for at-least another 50k or 1 lakh kms.
The total work plus spares cost about 10k and waiting for a 2k work bending.

Top Bottom