My Champegne Gold i10 1.2 VTVT - 2010 Ownership Review.

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am super excited to be a part of this wonderful forum. I have already posted a ownership thread for my Oil burner i 20

11 Months with the i20

To cut the long story short. I was married , had to buy a car for myself and a car for dad as the Santro was aging out.

Shortlisting my Dad's ride

Dad was not convinced to buy any car other than the Santro ( AGAIN). I was strictly against it as I wanted Dad to upgrade his ride . Finally convinced him to go on a test drive

1) Chevy Beat - Went to AutoVikas Moti Nagar and convinced dad that its a good car. Dad did not like the ingress/Outgress of the Car. He was apprehensive about the test drive. Literally had to push him into the car and take a test drive. He hardly drove the car for 500 Ms before came back . He told me I am going to buy a Hyundai for sure.

2) Hyundai i10 :- Went to Dad's friends showroom ( Deep Hyundai) . Sat with dad at the MD's office . Dad asked if he can get a white i10 and wants the best deal. It was 10 Feb 2010 that day. The owner said a white was sold off this morning however he has a Dec 2009 make i10 1.2 Kappa 2 VTVT and said he could offer a great deal on it .

Dad looked at me . I asked Uncle to show me the car physically, he obliged me ( I actually was walkin around the showroom as if i own it [:D] )
Saw the color. Dad said its the same color as our Real Earth Santro XO ( 2005). I said so what look at the engine, and the mileage claimed is 20.36 kmpl.

Dad consulted with mom and asked for the deal. Got a huge discount and exchange bonus for my old Santro.

The 1.2 Kappa2 Magna cost me 4.15 lacs OTR. I think it was a fantastic deal then considering that the 1.2 Magne OTR was 4.70 lacs

Dad gave his word to Uncle and got the car booked without any booking amount. However later mom handed over 5K just for the heck of it.

I was super convinced that the Car will be in the best shape as we know the owner of the showroom.Dad told the SA ( Sunil) that he will take delivery on 18th Feb ( Auspicious day). Finally the day arrived. I wanted to go in the morning to pick up the car however dad wanted to go in the evening. Mom was in office and she had the cheque for the balance payment. I started getting nervous around 5 PM when mom said she will be late back home. I wanted to get the car that day itself. Took my friends car Wagon R and rushed to the Metro Station to pick her up and bring her to the showroom before it closes. Reached the showroom just in time . Completed all the formalities and off we went with our Champagene Gold i10 1.2 VTVT .

My Observations

1) Super Refined engine . The only engine more refined than this is a i-VTEC Engine. Nothing beats a Honda engine when it comes to Petrol Engines

2) Feels more spacious than a Santro.

3) Better back space in comparision to Santro ( My dad was the only one who could manage behind me when I am driving)

4) Good roomy interiors.

5) Skinny tires . No confidence to take the car at high speeds coz of the tires. Dad does not let me drive the i10 as he says you are used to driving i20 with broader tires and its dangerous for you to drive a car with skinny tires ( I don't believe it [anger])

6) Good gear ratios. tuned for proper city ride
7) Gear shift indicator an advantage . helps u know in case you are revving hard
8) AC is a chiller . It cools within seconds.

Journey so Far

Its been an year and the car has clocked only 4500 KMS. ( Yes you read it correctly). Thanks to the fact that my dad now drives the oil burner more considering the fuel prices increase quite often.

Got Teflon Coating and underbody coating during first service total cost 3600

Second Service done at 4000 KMS . - Total Bill 1100 with oil change.

Accident :- Once Dad was reversing the car and was so engrossed in looking at the back that he scraped the car front left against the wall. left bumper came off. He then decided to get parking sensors installed. Got them done for 3K.

Fuel Effeciency :- Considering that I have high expectations and my dad drives it ( Has a heavy foot on the gas) The max i could extract is 14KMPL with me driving . When dad drives he manages 10-12 KMPL. I am dissapointed with these figures however friends say that it will give a better mileage only after 10K Kms. I think that will take another 1-2 years considering the amount of drive it does.

ICE for the I10 :- I got my old pioneer head unit of the Santro and got it installed in my i10

1) Pioneer 6850

2) Hertz 6 Inches on the front doors Cost 3.5K

3) JL Audio 6X9 . don't remember the model Cost 6.5K

4) LLumar 35 sunfilm installed. Does the job well.

I hope all of you like my post . Will post some pics soon.

Regards

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. I10 was a suitable replacement for good ol’ Santro. But what was the reason for the car lying in stock since a year? Please share some pictures as well. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

diehardi congrats for your lovely i10 thread, can you share i10 fuel average i am getting 12kmpl in my i10 Magna 1.2L (city drive figures)

Thread Starter #4
Congrats. I10 was a suitable replacement for good ol’ Santro. But what was the reason for the car lying in stock since a year? Please share some pictures as well. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey 350Z the car was not in stock since a year i got it on 18 Feb 2011 and it was a Dec 2010 make. I have owned this one for a year bt is as good as new

diehardi congrats for your lovely i10 thread, can you share i10 fuel average i am getting 12kmpl in my i10 Magna 1.2L (city drive figures)
Have already shared the fuel effeciency figures however in City i get 10-12 KMPL and have not taken it to the highway as of now .

350Z

Core Team
Hey 350Z the car was not in stock since a year i got it on 18 Feb 2011 and it was a Dec 2010 make. I have owned this one for a year bt is as good as new
Actually my question was after reading this paragraph:

2) Dad asked if he can get a white i10 and wants the best deal. It was 10 Feb 2010 that day. The owner said a white was sold off this morning however he has a Dec 2009 make i10 1.2 Kappa 2 VTVT and said he could offer a great deal on it .
Drive Safe,
350Z

lxi.

Suspended
Congrats on the i10!
It is one of my best petrol hatchbacks. A wise upgrade from the Santro.
Nice to hear that it is serving your dad well after 4500kms. Hope that it serves you happily for miles!

Cheers.

SUGGESTION - Do get the Parking sensors painted in Champagne Gold colour.

OT: Where do you live buddy. Seems that I have seen the place in the above pics. PM me.

Thread Starter #9
HI lxi ,

I actually wanted the body coloured parking sensors however did not get it . The only colors available were black, white or Silver. Since it is my dad's car he was not too keen on getting them coloured else I would have got them coloured long back .

OT : This is west delhi . I have PM you . Where do you think this place is ??? quick guess . :-)

lxi.

Suspended
OT : Not able to recollect but I have seen this place! THe faimliar footpath where I bumped my Friend's Scorpio! :lol!:
I have PMed you.

Top Bottom