My Brand New Honda Jazz XMT

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I own a Chevrolet Aveo U-va one point two since two thousand eight and Very recently i made up my mind to buy a new Petrol Hatchback and started searching on the Internet for a car which has Space,Features,Fuel Economy & Decent Power. Amognst all Hatchbacks available in the Indian Market finally i zeroed in on three of them i.e Hyundai I20 one point two Sportz,Volkswagen Polo HL and the Honda Jazz XMT, My Budget was seven Lacs all Inclusive, Test Drove the Polo petrol First and Found that Engine is sounding Horrible,It was like i am Driving a Truck instead of a car though one cant question the Durability factor of German Cars,Declined it, Second in Line was the Hyundai i20, Blown away with the Features of the car and got quite impressed but when i sat inside the car i felt really cramped being six feet tall so there was no urge to further Test Drive it hence rejected,Third came the Honda Jazz XMT and it was Love at First Sight, Fell in Love with the Space,Looks,Interiors,Fully Loaded Front Console,Amber Lighting,four Cylinder one point two I-Vtec Engine with Ninety HP so decided to book the same without even taking a Test Drive but not before i enquired about the Discounts on the car in each Dealership in Delhi (Like a Typical India Buyer would do) but much to my disappointment all of them said car is on waiting so do not expect any discounts or Accessories, at best we can arrange the car at the earliest,Still Didn't lose hope kept trying and guess what finally it clicked at a Honda Dealership outside Delhi and Belive me the Deal i got on Jazz sent shock waves to all other Dealers, Without any further Delay i booked the car with a Demand of UT Color which was not available with the Dealer (As claimed) and Red was readily available but i insisted on UT so was informed that Honda is producing this color in limited nos so i will have to wait for atleast one month, Kept waiting and one month turned into two months as Dealer as well as Honda People kept promising but Nothing happended for two months, they kept pushing me for Red as the stock was ageing and Dealer was paying interest on the car,Dont know whether the Dealer had UT Color in Stocks or what was the reason they seemed to push red color only,so finally i decided to take Red as it was getting unbearable.

Now About the car:-

As i came out of the showroom i felt that steering was so smooth & it was like WOW, Drove it for 60 odd KM's & found that Engine was so silent and hardly making any noise, as i pressed the throttle upto 60kmph drive was so fun and smooth as Silk, My Jazz is currently giving Mileage of 14.7 with AC in Bumper to Bumper Traffic, Havent yet tested on Highways, Jazz has stiff suspension and rear passengers actually feel it when car goes into a Pothole,Also Ground Clearance of Jazz is bit low so one has to Drive very slowly and carefully on Speed Breakers to avoid it from getting scrapped, Barring above two issues Overall Its a VFM Car and i simply Love it![:D]

Few Remarks on Honda:-

After the Price cut on Jazz, Sales seems to have picked up but one doesn't quite understand how Honda is Treating this Product of Global repute, No Advertisements, No Offers, If they really promote this car in a proper manner it could give Honda some more Breathing space in a highly supressed Auto market.Their Only Focus is Brio and City at the moment.[confused]

Will Post Pics of my car very soon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Congrat's buddy, you bought one of the best hatchback available in our country, What was the final cost?

Thread Starter #3
Hi Visran,

Final On Road cost in Delhi was 6.81 Lacs Includes Insurance,Delhi Registration, Extended Warranty,RSA - X Kit.[:)]

@Hastir,

Congrats on your new Honda machine !![:)]

I wanted to know from you on your UV-A experience and what made you to sell it ??

Thread Starter #7
Hi Gurrala74,

I bought U-va 1.2 Base variant in January 2008 and since then car has been running quite well apart from few hiccups, I haven't yet sold it, It's still with me, U-va was my first car so for me it was quite a nice car with Ample Space and GM was promoting U-va with this USP Only, Car has clocked more than 65,000 KM's but I would say in between i have had quite a rough time with GM Dealerships where car was even repaired under warranty once,Now if i compare my U-va experience with Jazz, I would say Honda Jazz is way ahead obviously because of the fact that Jazz has been upgraded and Its a Feature Rich car with Maximum space and Engine of Jazz is so very smooth that you Love Driving,Also there is a Difference in Gear Box quality, While U-va Gear Box is bit hard while Jazz Gear Box is really very smooth and Easy to operate, Other Difference is in the Fuel Economy, U-va is a real petrol sucker with City average is about 12 KMPL and Jazz is clocking approx 14.7 with AC in City Traffic, Moreover Jazz scores over U-va in Interior quality also,Bule/Back theme is very good with Front Console is fully loaded with Amber Color Lighting Better then City i guess while U-va was a very basic car with Standard Features Only.Also Maintenance of U-va is costly compared to Jazz with Average Service cost is approx 8k per service while Jazz Average Service cost is approx 4k, U-va has now been discontinued by GM.

All in All Jazz is one of the highly sought after Petrol Hatch in India, Complete VFM and No wonders Honda is selling close to 500 Jazz every month without giving any discounts/Offers/Promotions.

Thank you Hastir, for your fair experience of UV-A. We just cannot compare it with Jazz which is a superior petrol Hatch in the country and I even say the best petrol hatch in the country which has a space like sedan [clap].

Only thing I have asked about UV-A because I always used to think that why GM is not launching it in diesel as it really got good space inside. I think now they are coming up with Sail again

Jazz looks amazing in red buddy. Big congrats for owning the almost perfect hatch. BTW, are you in Meerut (UP15)? Or is it just the temp reg. Also, if possible post some interior pics too.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks Freakude!

No,I am not in Meerut but bought the car from there, i stay in Delhi, Since none of the Delhi Dealers were giving any discounts or freebees nor any corporate discount hence struck my deal with Meerut Dealer and all Delhi Dealers were spell Bound as to how i got a Discount of 18k on Jazz when vehicle is on long waiting.[lol]

Beautiful pics of beautiful a beautiful car .
Congrats buddy for one of the sexiest and finest hatchback in the country right now.
Please update the thread and tell us you'r impressions .

Oh !! this RED one is really mind blowing. Nice pics and hope you maintain this baby well in long run too[clap], when we come and ask you for a ride in your JAZZ[:)]

Top Bottom