My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (Pre-Owned Wagon-R) 2011

Thread Starter #31
Wow :) congrats thats a very good mileage.

Can you please tell me about this mileage calculations.
How many kilometers you traveled?
Total Time taken?
What speed you maintained?
How many people?
AC blower speed?
Tank to tank fuel filling with auto cut-off or upto brim?

Thanks Bro..
KMS traveled: 688 KM
Time taken: Not really measured time as it had hault many times.
Avg speed: 90-110 kmph
3 people with no luggage other than bag-packs
AC blower speed 1-2
Total fuel consumed : 32.5 ltrs
Avg FE: 21.19

Method was quite unusual.. May be Stupid thing we did to measure FE.
When we started, fuel indicator was one bar only and we approximately knew the next location that how far was Gas station (Petrol Pump), So on safer side we filled 10 liters petrol in a container. Now, after covering few KMs, when we felt we are running out of fuel we noted ODO reading and pored up 10 litters from container that we kept as stock. And hence on, we kept re-fueling and keeping track of ODO. Not sure if this was right thing to measure FE :stupid:

But it was the freaky/crazy idea of our group to measure FE with this kind of un-orthodox and stupid idea.

I know its not a full proof method but its the thing we did.

No matter what the method was, I would like to believe the result .. [drive]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
BUt whenever I do a complete HIGHWAY mileage test it gives a decent mileage too and the mileage test conducted by MASS on highway gave a 22kmpl.
Could you please elaborate/explain in detail how it was done ? I am asking this as I am very keen to get FE checked from MASS and want to get familiar with all knowhow about it before I show up there with my tall boy

In the very beginning itself I started reporting about this mileage issue since it always use to be around 13kmpl within city(but still it is not really bumper to bumper traffic and with less usage of AC)).
Everytime they says, done engine tune-ups but still only after 25k kms the engine gonna will you the best mileage.

After a couple of months I mailed this issue to MARUTISUZUKI. Within few days I got a call from my MASS and asked me to get the car to their service center.
Since it is a new car, they didn't charge me any cost for the that service. They changed the filters and oils.

After that they took me for the mileage test drive, there where 3 on board including me. Filled the tank upto the brim from a closer petrol station and did a total of 42kms of drive and reached back to the same petrol station.

THey maintained a speed around 60-80kmph and had only a single stop at a zebra crossing.

Thread Starter #36
In the very beginning itself I started reporting about this mileage issue since it always use to be around 13kmpl within city(but still it is not really bumper to bumper traffic and with less usage of AC)).
Everytime they says, done engine tune-ups but still only after 25k kms the engine gonna will you the best mileage.

After a couple of months I mailed this issue to MARUTISUZUKI. Within few days I got a call from my MASS and asked me to get the car to their service center.
Since it is a new car, they didn't charge me any cost for the that service. They changed the filters and oils.

After that they took me for the mileage test drive, there where 3 on board including me. Filled the tank upto the brim from a closer petrol station and did a total of 42kms of drive and reached back to the same petrol station.

THey maintained a speed around 60-80kmph and had only a single stop at a zebra crossing.
ahh okie... Thanks a lot Kichu for sharing your experience [:)]

I thought that apart from Tankfull to Tankfull method, MASS might have different mehtod to calculate FE. :stupid:

Kichu & Yogs, thanks for sharing your mileage number and how you managed to achieve it. As mentioned previously I haven't really measured my Petrol mileage but rough figure says not more than 15. I would be doing a Highway trip in coming week and look forward to testing my FE. Since I am yet to do a 10K on my Waggie, I believe post 3rd service this should improve. BTW how much have you cars clocked as on date?

ahh okie... Thanks a lot Kichu for sharing your experience [:)]

I thought that apart from Tankfull to Tankfull method, MASS might have different mehtod to calculate FE. :stupid:
In my knowledge there is some instrument for testing the mileage. I think most of service stations don't have it.
Kichu & Yogs, thanks for sharing your mileage number and how you managed to achieve it. As mentioned previously I haven't really measured my Petrol mileage but rough figure says not more than 15. I would be doing a Highway trip in coming week and look forward to testing my FE. Since I am yet to do a 10K on my Waggie, I believe post 3rd service this should improve. BTW how much have you cars clocked as on date?
Hi envynicky,
Okay [:)]
My car is A-star vxi. 2009yr model with 35k on odo.

Thread Starter #39
Thanks envynicky [:)]

Looking forward for knowing your Tallboy's FE figures and your experience while analysis of the same.

Mine is Wagon R VXI Petrol Apr-2011. I bought it in Nov-2012 with 27K kms on ODO and now ODO reading is 33.7k kms. So in 1 year 4 months I've clocked 6k only.

Thread Starter #40
In my knowledge there is some instrument for testing the mileage. I think most of service stations don't have it.

Hi envynicky,
Okay [:)]
My car is A-star vxi. 2009yr model with 35k on odo.
Even I had heard somewhere that MASS have some technique which accurately measures FE in their service centers.

No Offence [:)]

"On wheeled or tracked vehicles, body roll is a reference to the load transfer of a vehicle towards the outside of a turn."
-Wiki

Attaching few pics for the reference.

View attachment 127859

View attachment 127860

View attachment 127861

Out of this three pics the later car has the less body roll. Taller cars tend to have more body roll which effects in high speed corning and handling.
Hope you got some Idea :)
The last photo is of Honda Integra Type R DC2 ( Acura Badged). My mate owns one and they are seriously engineered cars for sports. They have great handling and no body rolls I personally did high speed turns and they turn like a butter. But as you mentioned taller the car more is the body roll.
see pic attached of my mates dc2 integra
Congrats for the car mate nice one.

Attachments

Thread Starter #45
Tallboy in action on highway again.. [:)]

Mumbai-Nasik Expressway

I am fully satisfied with my Tall Boy's performance.

This is my most frequently used highway for visiting my hometown once in a month or so.

Lets have a look at some snaps during today's highway drifting... [glasses]

Attachments

Top Bottom