My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (Pre-Owned Wagon-R) 2011

Thread Starter #63
Guys,

To stock Nippon HU & 4 speakers, I've added Sony explode amp & Sony explode 1300 w sub-woofer. Sound quality has improved with good bass, but at times I feel lack of treble.

So I am thinking of adding tweeters to the squad.

Any suggestions ?

Guys,

To stock Nippon HU & 4 speakers, I've added Sony explode amp & Sony explode 1300 w sub-woofer. Sound quality has improved with good bass, but at times I feel lack of treble.

Any suggestions ?
[clap]congrats for ICE upgrade. Best way to install the tweeters is to purchase only after trial. Some local cheap tweeters available for 200-300 rupees. Branded are costly. I have installed for Rs.240. nd its doing the job very well.

Thread Starter #65
This year's 1st AMC Service update:

ODO: 33900 Kms

Problem reported to SA : None

Work done:
Regular service
Break cleaning
Caliper greasing
Washing & Interior Polishing

Tall Boy shining well & performing well as well... [:D]

Thread Starter #67
Please share the cost in details. [clap]
Please refer answers in BOLD

Work done:
Regular service - Zero as it is an AMC ( Door rattle fixed in body workshop, Central locking sensitivity lowered as it was alarming frequently) - No charge at all.
Break cleaning - 800 INR Too costly IMO. [cry]
Caliper greasing - 480 INR + 50 INR for Grease
Washing & Interior Polishing - Zero as it is AMC

Overall bill exactly is 1586 INR including Taxes with some additional work like RIM inter-change (180 INR), Wheel balancing (80 INR) + 100 odd INR for weights used for wheel balancing. I'll upload invoice copy whenever I get time. Please bear with it for some time.

Last edited:
Yogs,

Apologies for being away and not coming back with my Mileage experience as promised.. all sorts of things have been happening with me and I have been away from Forum for quite sometime now.

BTW I did do my first long drive Highway trip in March for 900Kms trip in 4 days. On CNG I got whopping 28 on Highway with 30% AC and 2 people on-board. On Petrol I got about 15-16KMPL with load varying from 2 to 5 ppl and road varying from No Village Roads to Smooth Highways and AC being used 60% of time. I used Tankful method and hence measuring specific highway mileage was little difficult.

What do you suggest, is Petrol Mileage decent? BTW I am due for my 3rd service this weekend, what all should I pay attention to?

Thread Starter #69
Re: My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (New Gen Wagon-R) 2011, 34 K KMs+

Yogs,

Apologies for being away and not coming back with my Mileage experience as promised.. all sorts of things have been happening with me and I have been away from Forum for quite sometime now.

BTW I did do my first long drive Highway trip in March for 900Kms trip in 4 days. On CNG I got whopping 28 on Highway with 30% AC and 2 people on-board. On Petrol I got about 15-16KMPL with load varying from 2 to 5 ppl and road varying from No Village Roads to Smooth Highways and AC being used 60% of time. I used Tankful method and hence measuring specific highway mileage was little difficult.

What do you suggest, is Petrol Mileage decent? BTW I am due for my 3rd service this weekend, what all should I pay attention to?
IMO, FE is pretty decent, as you are not in position to differentiate between highway run and city run, but still there is some room for improvement.

Since it is 3rd service, please refer service manual thoroughly.

Engine oil change is must IMO.

Thread Starter #70
Guys,

Any suggestions ?
Originally Posted by Saroya : congrats for ICE upgrade. Best way to install the tweeters is to purchase only after trial. Some local cheap tweeters available for 200-300 rupees. Branded are costly. I have installed for Rs.240. nd its doing the job very well.
Today Pioneer Twitters added to ICE setup.

Now twitters are perfectly balancing with Bass. SQ is improved a lot.

Thanks a lot Saroya for suggetions. [thumbsup]

Lets have a look at the pictures,

Last snap is of Kitty inside the car. [:)]

Attachments

Today Pioneer Twitters added to ICE setup.

Now twitters are perfectly balancing with Bass. SQ is improved a lot.

Thanks a lot Saroya for suggetions. [thumbsup]

Lets have a look at the pictures,

Last snap is of Kitty inside the car. [:)]
That is really nice. Generally twitters creats head ache for me. How is this quality and how much is that. Did you got it online?

@yoscenario2000
I've noticed that the HU has green backlight! was it standard or have you changed it? Because mine has Amber colour and I hate it. also the meter console, the AC control etc have Amber colour.
Does your controls have green backlight?

Thread Starter #74
That is really nice. Generally twitters creats head ache for me. How is this quality and how much is that. Did you got it online?

Thanks ! [:)]

In my case, Twitters are balancing well with the extra bass output from Sony Explode Amplifier & 1300 W Sony explode sub-woofer, so it doesn't feel any extra irritating noise. Reason might be that input to Left twitter has given from front left output of HU and input to Right twitter has given from rear right output from HU.

And of course the quality of Pioneer twitters itself. (But I doubt if they are original Pioneer one or not as I tried to search on Pioneer website with ID mentioned on twitters but couldn't find them).

I got them from local car decor shoppy for 500 bucks for a pair with installation.[:D]

So overall experience is very good for me.

@yoscenario2000
I've noticed that the HU has green backlight! was it standard or have you changed it? Because mine has Amber colour and I hate it. also the meter console, the AC control etc have Amber colour.
Actually its Yellow/Green and Its a standard one. I haven't changed it.

Last edited:
Exactly the reason that I have have thought of installing them. Also I do not feel need for such high config such a @Yogs and hence do not plan to upgrade by ICE set up.

@yoscenario2000
I believe Dashboard Meter Console has Amber by default for all variant and cannot be changed. Believe @Yogs have stock ICE there and not sure where display color change is an option provided with it or not, as by default it should be Amber

Top Bottom