My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (Pre-Owned Wagon-R) 2011

Congrats Yog for the awesome machine that you are owning. The pics are awesome and car looks as good as new unless you generously mention pre-owned to someone else. Please do add more pics, especially of the night as I see that you have put on many accessories in it.

I, myself is a fellow Waggie owner (2013, CNG Lxi) and I am all satisfied with the offering except the little body roll that one has to face because of the toll boy designs. You quote a very impressive mileage figures and I would be glad to have that for mine. I have never tested out Petrol mileage for my vehicle but believe it would not be more than 12-14 in city conditions.

The gear shift pattern is very interesting of yours as I drive on a very high range (not sure if I am doing right, whether its reasonable or not) and believe response is good from vehicle and I am not over stressing limits. My range is as follows and the range would be self-explanatory:

00-10 - 1st
10-30 - 2nd
20-50 - 3rd
40-80 - 4th
70 + - 5th

Thread Starter #17
I was following almost similar to what you are doing right now, But Im really surprised by knowing the mileage you get from this. I believe both of our gearbox are same, isn't it?
1st 0-10
2nd 10-25
3rd 25-35
4th 35-45
5th 45+
This is the pattern I followed for a long period and I get the worst mileage from this pattern[confused] My average always use to be approx 13-14kmpl(with or without AC). BUt whenever I do a complete HIGHWAY mileage test it gives a decent mileage too and the mileage test conducted by MASS on highway gave a 22kmpl. ......
Yes... I completely agree with you. That's what I exactly meant by not revving engine but giving engine enough time to attain required high rpm above 2k and so on. Following the rpm is the best way to pamper the engine rather than being fully dependent on speed (kmph) for gear shift pattern. Give it enough time to breath, it will respond very butter smoothly and accordingly it enhances the FE of the Car. And here the skill comes into the picture which varies person to person depending upon the driving style like not being too gentle and at the same time not too harsh on engine to get going without jerks upon gear shifting and without too much revving. If You know what I mean [;)]

Even I do follow the same practice as yours tankfull to tankfull method and same petrol station. [:D]

And my shoes are 155/65/14

Congrats Yog for the awesome machine that you are owning. The pics are awesome and car looks as good as new unless you generously mention pre-owned to someone else. Please do add more pics, especially of the night as I see that you have put on many accessories in it.

I, myself is a fellow Waggie owner (2013, CNG Lxi) and I am all satisfied with the offering except the little body roll that one has to face because of the toll boy designs. You quote a very impressive mileage figures and I would be glad to have that for mine. I have never tested out Petrol mileage for my vehicle but believe it would not be more than 12-14 in city conditions.

The gear shift pattern is very interesting of yours as I drive on a very high range (not sure if I am doing right, whether its reasonable or not) and believe response is good from vehicle and I am not over stressing limits. My range is as follows and the range would be self-explanatory:

00-10 - 1st
10-30 - 2nd
20-50 - 3rd
40-80 - 4th
70 + - 5th
Thanks a lot envynicky. I am glad that you like my Waggie [:D]

Yes. I will upload the pics shoot at night in coming days.
And about body roll, Yes. I completely agree with you even I have also experiencing it but can't help it unless we do a DIY for fit in the some kind mats into the door panels to minimize body roll.

One of my friend, who owns a Petrol+ CNG Waggie and we had test drived each others car. IMO his CNG car needed bit high rpm and speed to get going smoothly and not to stall and same was his opinion after driving my car that it needed less revving as compared to his car. But I am not sure though about other CNG car.
He more or less follows the same gear shift patterns like you and he is very happy with that.

Hope to get more guidance and suggestions from senior TAI member like you in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
I didn't get you, Other than using stiffened suspension, lowering and anti roll bars how its possible to reduce body roll?
Oops... My mistake. :sorry: If it requires the modifications that you mentioned, then I think I have completely misunderstood the term "Body Roll". I thought body roll is something that is noise and vibrations that can be sensed in the car while all window rolled up :stupid:

As I am newbie, could you please elaborate the term Body roll ? And how we can overcome it if not taken care by manufacturer ?

PS: Got it from Google [;)]
Some cars have body panels made of lightweight materials partly for this reason. Body lean can also be controlled by the springs, anti-roll bars or the roll center ... (Since cars have reasonable symmetrical shapes)

Last edited:
Oops... My mistake. :sorry: If it requires the modifications that you mentioned, then I think I have completely misunderstood the term "Body Roll". I thought body roll is something that is noise and vibrations that can be sensed in the car while all window rolled up :stupid:

As I am newbie, could you please elaborate the term Body roll ? And how we can overcome it if not taken care by manufacturer ?

PS: Got it from Google
Some cars have body panels made of lightweight materials partly for this reason. Body lean can also be controlled by the springs, anti-roll bars or the roll center ... (Since cars have reasonable symmetrical shapes)
No Offence [:)]

"On wheeled or tracked vehicles, body roll is a reference to the load transfer of a vehicle towards the outside of a turn."
-Wiki

Attaching few pics for the reference.

citroen-2-cv-leaning.jpg

75685544-M.jpg

599230_442525699104420_2034920331_n.jpg

Out of this three pics the later car has the less body roll. Taller cars tend to have more body roll which effects in high speed corning and handling.
Hope you got some Idea :)

The interiors are again as good as new and you are keeping is spotless [clap]

On the CNG aspect, yes one can see a power lag compared to petrol version (even when you switch to Petrol in a CNG vehicle you feel this difference. Also the sound of Engine in Petrol is more refined. The power lag was obvious from fact that in CNG mode vehicle is 57 BHP while in Petrol mode it's 67 BHP.

On Body Roll, I guess you miss-understood what I tried to convey. By Body Roll I meant not noise but the vibration and unstable feeling you get because of the tall-body design of vehicle.

Thread Starter #23
No Offence [:)]

"On wheeled or tracked vehicles, body roll is a reference to the load transfer of a vehicle towards the outside of a turn."
-Wiki

Attaching few pics for the reference.

Out of this three pics the later car has the less body roll. Taller cars tend to have more body roll which effects in high speed corning and handling.
Hope you got some Idea :)
:agree:

Thanks a lot buddy for sharing this much needed information.

Really appreciate your gesture and efforts for the same... [cheers]

The interiors are again as good as new and you are keeping is spotless [clap]

On the CNG aspect, yes one can see a power lag compared to petrol version (even when you switch to Petrol in a CNG vehicle you feel this difference. Also the sound of Engine in Petrol is more refined. The power lag was obvious from fact that in CNG mode vehicle is 57 BHP while in Petrol mode it's 67 BHP.

On Body Roll, I guess you miss-understood what I tried to convey. By Body Roll I meant not noise but the vibration and unstable feeling you get because of the tall-body design of vehicle.
Thanks a lot Buddy [:)]

Have a look at one more interior snap

Attachments

Thread Starter #25
AFAIK , there was no USB on the Wagon R 2011, how are you managing that ?
Yes.. You are absolutely right. There is USB push button there (only for decorative purpsoe I guess) but No USB slot.

So mostly I am using aux feature to play the songs from mobile or just using MP3 disc. Can't help it. [frustration]

I had heard about aftermarket device (kind of china made) somewhere on the forum but quality wise its not a good thing to go for (I mean sound quality of substandard quality). And genuion USB fittment is costly affair I guess. Not sure though.

Could you shed some light on it ?

Thread Starter #27
Guys..
Gearing up for weekend drive now.. [:)]
Engine Oil Level - Check
Coolant Level - Check
Tyre air pressure - Check
Clean Interiors - Check
Spare Tyre air pressure - Check
Clean Cabin Interiors - Check
Petrol Tank Full - Check
All electronics - Check

Any other thing I am missing please ping me up as this a Bachelor's Party Drive for someone special and I don't wan't to take any chance to ruin the D-Day for someone. I hope you guys would co-relate with the situation.. [;)]

Pics following soon...

Thread Starter #29
Just to inform that my Tall Boy showered me FE of 21+ on highway with AC 100%... couldn't believe it as max I got till date was 19+.
Seems that my boy is growing up and living up-to the expectations..[clap][clap][clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow :) congrats thats a very good mileage.

Can you please tell me about this mileage calculations.
How many kilometers you traveled?
Total Time taken?
What speed you maintained?
How many people?
AC blower speed?
Tank to tank fuel filling with auto cut-off or upto brim?

Top Bottom