My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (Pre-Owned Wagon-R) 2011

Re: My Blue Eyed Tallboy Waggie (A Dream of a middle class Guy)

Hello Guys,
I am bit late to write down the ownership review (actually 1 year & 3 months late) but better late than never.
First of all I must admit that I am not good at all with writing ownership reviews n all. Please bear with me for any mistakes.

Prelude:

Well, My hunt for my first car started in Sep-Oct 2012 when it became little awkward/uncomfortable day by day for me and my family (Wify + 2 Kids) to fit in on a HH Passion two-wheeler for our daily commuting/outings. Typical middle class guy I am [embarass]

The Hunt:

It was clear in my mind from day one that It shall be a Hatchback and a Maruti Suzuki. So very few options were in my mind considering by budget.
1. Alto
2. Estilo
3. Santro
and Last option was
4. Wagon R

After searching online on Carwale and similar sites, I got more confused for which one to go for. Finally one of my friend suggested me to go for True Value.

So accompanying with my friend I reached at Fortpoint True Value at Ghodbunder Road, Thane on 1st of November 2012. I casually looked for the cars there. There was a white Alto K10 2009 model with 50K+ on ODO. Car looked good but it didn't clicked to me really.

My First encounter with Waggie:

After roaming little more and after completely understanding my need, SA suggested me to have a look and Glistering Grey coloured Wagan R VXI APR 2011 model.

I was bit reluctant to go for it knowing about about Boxy look of a car (old gen wagon r). No offence to the owner of similar models as it was just my opinion about waggie at that point of time. But then I decided to give it a shot.
And untill then I haven't seen closely the new gen Wagon R [frustration]

When I saw this Wagon R VXI, And VOILA!!! (read Bingo) This was exactly what I was looking for. Much bigger and Airy cabin space neat and clean, 27k on ODO, Less boxy design and more of macho look of blue eyed Tall Boy. In-built Nippon music system with four speakers on door, much needed rear wiper for highway drives in monsoon. Electronic ORVM, Power Steering, factory fitted central locking-keyless entry, all four power windows, defogger, 14" tires

Heard from SA that, the owner of this car had visited to have a look at Ertiga with his college going son and his son liked Ertiga so much that they exchanged Wagon r vxi though they didn't had any plan to do so as Owner of the car was not happy to give away Wagon R but Finally ended with exchange because of his son. (I wonder if this story is original or borrowed one from somewhere to sell the car)

It was well-maintained and loved car, I took at test drive along with my friend who knows much better than me about the cars.

After long 2 hrs of negotiation price is finalised with 1 yr warranty, 3 free servicing at ASC and deal would be finalised only after a guy from my FNG will inpect the engine and other important things the next day.
Next day, after through check up ( I don't know exactly what he checked perticularly), guy from FNG gave green signal to me to move ahead with deal.

Delivery:

On the ouspicious day before 2 days of Diwali 08 November 2012, I took home this blue eyed Tall boy.
It was a very smooth and hassel free procedure for delivery after making full payment.

added accesseries over the time:
Sony Explode Amplifier
Sony explode sub-woofer 1300 w
Door Wisers for monsoon
Rear Spoiler
Blue LED's on all four door handles
Blue LED's to view ABC at night below steering wheel
White LED Dome light for cabin
Pioneer Tweeters for front
Rear view camera system with Bluetooth connectivity for answering calls and playing media of all types at 7" LCD screen.

I shall upload more pics and share my driving experience in coming days.

Please bear with me guys.

Looking forward for your comments/suggestions.

Thanks,

Yogs
Hello all,
Need a small help regarding speakers, am planning to install a subwoofer-can i buy one directly or should i use an amp?
Am planning to keep the current Nippon unit and i just need more bass.
How to connect Bass amp to the Nippon unit?

Hello all,
Need a small help regarding speakers, am planning to install a subwoofer-can i buy one directly or should i use an amp?
Am planning to keep the current Nippon unit and i just need more bass.
How to connect Bass amp to the Nippon unit?
Hello vishanth53

You will need an amplifier to connect a sub. It can not be used directly. If your Nippon unit is factory fitted, there are chances where it won't have direct outputs for connecting the amplifier. You will need a hi-lo converters in that case.

If you are not looking for excessive bass, consider changing the speakers to components at front and ovals at back. They would make a world of difference.

Regards,
Alpha

Hello vishanth53

You will need an amplifier to connect a sub. It can not be used directly. If your Nippon unit is factory fitted, there are chances where it won't have direct outputs for connecting the amplifier. You will need a hi-lo converters in that case.

If you are not looking for excessive bass, consider changing the speakers to components at front and ovals at back. They would make a world of difference.

Regards,
Alpha
Thanks Alpha,
I'm planning to do this by myself.Can u please elaborate on hi-lo converters and what to buy?
How to mount those door speakers to the rear?

Thanks Alpha,
I'm planning to do this by myself.Can u please elaborate on hi-lo converters and what to buy?
How to mount those door speakers to the rear?
There are two ways you can connect your head unit to amp :

1. If your head unit has RCA outputs (which 90% of aftermarket units have), you will be able to connect directly and easily to any amp.
2. If your amp has hi-level inputs (which most buddget amps have, but installers are less experienced with such installation), you can connect OE head units also which generally come with hi-level output, not RCA outputs.

In the above two cases you won't need converter. Otherwise there are good converters from Scosche, JBL, etc. which will cost under 2-4k. It is better to get an amp with hi-level input and find an installer who can install without converter. The 2-4k spent on converter can be used on wiring or speakers.

Components would be easy to mount by using a spacer. You will have to get a parcel tray to mount the ovals at the back. Ovals are 6"x9" and cannot be fit on doors.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

added accesseries over the time:
Sony Explode Amplifier
Sony explode sub-woofer 1300 w
Door Wisers for monsoon
Rear Spoiler
Blue LED's on all four door handles
Blue LED's to view ABC at night below steering wheel
White LED Dome light for cabin
Pioneer Tweeters for front
Rear view camera system with Bluetooth connectivity for answering calls and playing media of all types at 7" LCD screen.
Does the warranty gets impacted due to these changes? My dealer in Chennai says we can use only Maruthi Genuine parts that too only if done in showroom.

Top Bottom