My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

@Gandhi,
your vahaan is just looking fantastic.

1) however why the drl in Indicator mode (orange ) not properly lit till the sides? it's equally lit in white mode.
Thanks bhvm. DRL in indicator mode (orange) is not my city. I took a reference pic in Honda ASS. Later I installed in my city. Actually the Orange colour was glowing throughout the DRL. It looks white because flash while taking the pic. [frustration]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
3) akash,frankly your honda city is way overdone with leds. theyre killing the look of LED TUBE in headlights. also the mixed colours are looking funny.
and 4 drls on each side??? why you need so many?
Agreed, the time when I was a novice, knew nothing about modifying etc, that is when all this was done by me. But now this car has improved and looks more clean. The center LEDs are not used regularly and neither the corner ones are used. All over-the-top stuff removed from it.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #78

bhvm

Honoured Member
hmm...
seems I'm confused between honda citys. was that akash's car then?
how do you guys feel about the lack if projectors in such a premium car? zest has them. bolt Will too. stingray has them.

btw, thanks akash and Gandhi. keep it up.

Thread Starter #79

bhvm

Honoured Member
Today morning I noticed that Blue boy driver door got wierd scratches-

These are in a strange 'A' Shape. Naturally not road or biker scratches. Kids mischief? Hmm... How can it happen when the car was parked in my compound?

Upon closer inspection they looked nasty, [frustration]
Thankfully, They did'nt cut the paint layer entirely.

Anyways, Using the sunday time as car time, I went at it with my 500W Buffing motor, Then followed by automagic wax-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omagic-car-care-honest-review-pics-proof.html

Boom! Scratches Gone, Infact i got a sheen on the metal which looks better than eariler! The car looks showroom infact!

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #80

bhvm

Honoured Member
I got the hid kit today.
fools sent me h4 bulbs rather than h27 as I had ordered. why is it so difficult to get proper h27 bulbs In India?

argh. let's see if I can swap the bulbs from somewhere and use the same ballasts.

Thread Starter #83

bhvm

Honoured Member
I got the Proper H27 HID Bulbs. Ballasts stay the same. I can say that the Illumination is INSANE. Definitely reserved for Empty roads. As hard as I try, I could not get 4300K Bulbs. Had to unwillingly settle for 6000k (Looks 7000k to my eye.)

Had a 350 KM trip to Nearby city. Overall Fuel efficiency 17.88 KMPL. Max speeds 140. No Niggles.

Thread Starter #84

bhvm

Honoured Member
the Battery is showing signs of weakness. although the car cranks fine even after a week.of standing, Lights sometimes dim out.

I did a hydrometer test and it Shows low gravity about 1150 something. morning Battery voltage was 11.9v
I'll remove the Battery and set it to charging.

xuv thunderbolt will be my chariot till then.

Thread Starter #85

bhvm

Honoured Member
The battery has been charged and now shows a healthy 12.81v After overnight rest.

I had a 280KM trip to nearby city. We were 5 full adults and AC use was 90%. There were 2 ghats both sides and I sure did feel the lack of power on Tiny 1.1L engine, The car felt lazy to drive. Infact it was the first fully loaded trip with AC on ghats for BlueBoy. During return we were 3 people and BlueBoy got back its speed.

Surprizingly, we got a decent FE of 16.81 KMPL. Max speeds 105 KMPH. Bad Roads.

Thread Starter #86

bhvm

Honoured Member
blue boy returned from a 1000km 2 day trip.
here's the report-

1.performance has opened up even more and I'm able to do 140 with AC ON.

2. decent fuel efficiency of 16 kmpl. why decent?
with 4 people onboard, 2 ghats, full ac use, constant highway drive at 120-130 kmph.

3. huge tyre and road noise at anything above 80 spoils the fun. infact at 120 it have to raise my voice quite a bit to talk.

4. superb brakeing and planted feel for tiny car at high speed is praise worthy.

5. hatch hydraulics have gone bad as a result I have to hold the boot by one hand or it falls when unloading luggage.

6. gears have gone hard. esp the reverse. I guess it's time for service. odo now at 28500 km.

Thats pretty decent FE you could get from your blue boy.
Yes thats bad from the tyres be it the older version or newer, tyre noise is pretty much audible inside the cabins once you cross that 80-85 speeds.
Get the hydraulics checked along with the gears slotting in your next service.

Hello bhvm!Your i10 looks Cool!The Racing Stripes match the Car Perfectly.BTW,what's the price of the DRL?Is it possible to fit in the Fog Lamp Area in a Round Shape?Please help me friend!
Thanks!

Thread Starter #89

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello bhvm!Your i10 looks Cool!The Racing Stripes match the Car Perfectly.BTW,what's the price of the DRL?Is it possible to fit in the Fog Lamp Area in a Round Shape?Please help me friend!
Thanks!
Hello bro.
the drls are DIY so they don't cost much. I hope you have read the guide as all details can be found there.

and yes it's possible to mod drls to any shape.

Thread Starter #90

bhvm

Honoured Member
I took the Blue boy to Pune this Weekend.
Yes it was the same route as I completed with my Thunderbolt.

1) Fuel efficiency was 16.9 KMPL and 16.5 KMPL during 2 Tankfulls.
2) Total run about 700KM
3) Max speed about 140 KMPH.
4) Was much easier to navigate in Tight Pune traffic compared to XUV 5OO
5) Headlights dim as ever. Infact my driving was mostly based on HID FOGs. Turn them off and you can't drive. I am looking to make a 5000 Lumen something DIY LED high beam assist for my Blue Boy. The stock headlights are just too dim and people don't Pay "respect" when I flash high-beamers. Lets make their eyes bleed!

I already brought some 10w and 20W LEDs. I am finding the lens and drivers for the same.

Top Bottom