My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

Super report of your blue boy.The 1.1L engine did what i can do at its best.
How did you find the tyres performance on highways?
23 is a remarkable figures, i have not yet got beyond 19kmpl on highway for my i10 yet with sedate driving.But it was with full ac.

Thread Starter #62

bhvm

Honoured Member
Super report of your blue boy.The 1.1L engine did what i can do at its best.
How did you find the tyres performance on highways?
23 is a remarkable figures, i have not yet got beyond 19kmpl on highway for my i10 yet with sedate driving.But it was with full ac.
thank you,
the tyre performance is adequate. I'm running stock b220 155/80 r13. braking was good as well, esp for unmarked speed breakers. however it was not impressive for jungle safari as there was tyre slippage on Sandy uphills. but maybe that's an environment to harsh for i10.

ac seems to have a considerable impact on the kiddy engine.

Yes i have drove friends i10 with 14 wheels and they do make difference for sure.
Regarding the AC it has one of the best ones in segment, makes the cabin chill in no time which surely puts its affect on the 1.1L engine.

Thread Starter #64

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes i have drove friends i10 with 14 wheels and they do make difference for sure.
Regarding the AC it has one of the best ones in segment, makes the cabin chill in no time which surely puts its affect on the 1.1L engine.
what sort of difference you noticed with 14 inch wheels?
and about ac, yes it's way too cold. I can see fog emanating from vents at times. I guess it's a pretty large compressor for that puny engine.

Thread Starter #65

bhvm

Honoured Member
These days when I take the Boy out for a spin, The feel has totally changed!
Gone is lazy attitude. The Boy has suddenly become peppy and eager to revv. I went to the railway station and i was amazed how I was able to zig-zag out of the traffic and potholes!

How can this be? Is it due to the long trip that freed up the Bearings/Engine etc?
The ODO is 26k now. Totally transformed in character!.[clap]
Experts please explain.[embarass]

Finally ia your wife happy ?
Is xuv is secure in your hands?
Lol
Nice review
Interior lights seems good
Drl is also nice
But soon make it a drl strip.. Now a days
They are cheap about 1.5 to 2k a par with indicators too

Thread Starter #67

bhvm

Honoured Member
Finally ia your wife happy ?
Is xuv is secure in your hands?
Lol
Nice review
Interior lights seems good
Drl is also nice
But soon make it a drl strip.. Now a days
They are cheap about 1.5 to 2k a par with indicators too
yes shes Happy now!
we had our first long trip in Small car.
what do you mean by drl strip?
I'm using 5050 which is Very standard, very bright led strip. perhaps ill. upgrade to 5630.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
what do you mean by drl strip?
I'm using 5050 which is Very standard, very bright led strip. perhaps ill. upgrade to 5630.
I too have those DRL stripes in my CITY Ivtec. Got them fixed for Rs 6000 a pair from New Delhi earlier this year. They do provide aesthetic beauty and specially on any model Honda City looks great.

step0001.jpg

step0002.jpg

step0001 (1).jpg

step0001 (4).jpg

step0001 (3).jpg

step0001 (2).jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70

bhvm

Honoured Member
those things need tinkering with the headlight and can cause warranty and Water entry issues. if I'm opening the headlight anyway, I'll also go for HID bi xenon projectors retrofit and angel ayes.

let's see an Vitamin M. as this is the third car. my drl mod costs hardly 200 rupee.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
those things need tinkering with the headlight and can cause warranty and Water entry issues. my drl mod costs hardly 200 rupee.
Yes these do cause warranty issue with OEM. However, the water seepage is something that can be made sure of with usage of proper sealing. In my car, the front bumper center LED DRLs costed me only 175/- and corner one costed me Rs 600/- pair. The blinker in center of front bumper, costed me only 60/-

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #72

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes these do cause warranty issue with OEM. However, the water seepage is something that can be made sure of with usage of proper sealing. In my car, the front bumper center LED DRLs costed me only 175/- and corner one costed me Rs 600/- pair. The blinker in center of front bumper, costed me only 60/-

Regards

Akash
can I have a pic of center led and sides and the blinkers?
Man stay away from these Chinese drls. zero heatsinking and will last only a few months.

about your ride, now DRL and main beams are looking funny due to colour difference. HID anyone ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
can I have a pic of center led and sides and the blinkers?
Man stay away from these Chinese drls. zero heatsinking and will last only a few months.
I did have a pic, but was shaky. Will upload soon a new one. The Blinker and LED that I placed have been running fine since 1.5-2 years now. No defects.

step0001.jpg

step0002.jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I ment drl tube.. You can find it in black honda city idtec from mr Ghandhi.. My friend.
Thanks Stingray91 for highlighting my Ashtra here. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/17969-vasantha-ashtra-honda-city-i-dtec-2014-golden-brown-3.html#post400440

I too have those DRL stripes in my CITY Ivtec. Got them fixed for Rs 6000 a pair from New Delhi earlier this year. They do provide aesthetic beauty and specially on any model Honda City looks great.
Akash, IMO Rs 6000 for a DRL is bit high. I hope the labor cost would be more.

those things need tinkering with the headlight and can cause warranty and Water entry issues. if I'm opening the headlight anyway, I'll also go for HID bi xenon projectors retrofit and angel ayes.

let's see an Vitamin M. as this is the third car. my drl mod costs hardly 200 rupee.
bhvm, Don't open the headlight assembly just for a DRL (unless you wanted it). Go with Bi-Xenon and DRL together which will reduce the labour. Don't worry about the water entry too much, head light assembly can be sealed properly without water entry issues by a professional. The installed Projector & DRL is not Chinese mad in my case. The manufacturer is Genome (Indian, Pune Based). I hope, they are nearer to you.

Thread Starter #75

bhvm

Honoured Member
@Gandhi,
your vahaan is just looking fantastic.

1) however why the drl in Indicator mode (orange ) not properly lit till the sides? it's equally lit in white mode.

2) about Chinese I'll was referring to 175 and 60rs items on honda city. look how blue they look. the LEDs are just on death bed (known as angry blue theory of Led )

3) akash,frankly your honda city is way overdone with leds. theyre killing the look of LED TUBE in headlights. also the mixed colours are looking funny.
and 4 drls on each side??? why you need so many?

4)I have carefuy choosen 3600k CCT leds for my drl. matches stock headlamp and fogs very well.

5) about bi xenonz, yes that's my target. just not in mood to splurge on 3rd car . maybe next year.

6) for 6k you can get proper LED cree driving lamps like I have on my xuv thunderbolt! super bright.

Last edited:

Top Bottom