So Last week, I reached my little boy once again, and here is my experience-
1. Battery survived well thanks to Solar trickle charger. The car started in half a crank!
2. Noticed a tear (Rat?) in Air filter element-
My temporary fix-
3. Air pressure had come down to 34.5 from usual 37. Not a major drop considering atleast 3 months since last check. Topped em up.
Also spare wheel had come down to 22, which got filled to 37 once again.
4. AC seemed to have low gas and was making a hissing sound.
Having my experience from the Safari, I went to a quick top up at nearby FNG. Got gas charged and compressor oil added for Rs 1150.
AC has become a complete chiller. We have to actually turn it off once in a while.
5. Since car was standing with old fuel since many months, Ran a bottle of Gumout Fuel system cleaner just as precaution. Will update the results after a few runs.
6. Fog clamps had very slight rust. Gave them a dash of black paint. (WIP)
7. Number plate appeared to be little loose. Used dual sided tape to secure it for good.
8. The blue boy made a 300KM dash next day without any hiccup. Totally impressed about the reliability.
9. Driving a small, Light, Peppy petrol after driving burly elephants for a year. Was total revelation.
The zip in city was quite fun. Engine noise was so nominal that one has to look at console if its on.
Chiller AC. Light steering, Brake & Clutch. Whattey fun!
10. Woved the blue boy to never leave away archived again, and will bring it in active duty.
Guys Today is a sad day indeed as Blue Boy has been vandalized when parked.
Some Trashbag messed up the hood as well as Racing stripes. Front bumper is broken from the Mounts.
May such lowlife rot in hell.
I will have to redo the hood, bumper as well as Racing stripes.
ODO 54k Kms.
As you might have guessed Use is very minimal. With the Blue boy mostly sitting in Parking.
1. Found one of the brake lamps to be not working.
Checked fuses, Found them fine.
Opened the tail lamp cluster expecting a dead bulb, But to my horror, all the wiring was chewed up by rat.
All the wires were gnawed it, with brake bulb wire being fully bitten off.
Found matching pieces of wires as per colour code. Decided to solder the wires and call it a day. Sometimes the DIYs will ask for a drop of blood. Yeah the Handyplast.
Dressed everything with tape to make a loom. I have used heatshrink & tape for every individual joint before applying black tape.
Taped up the Supposed entry of rat. Using lots of clear tape.
Complete dress-up along with DIY Rat barrier-
Tail lamps finally working. Tape cannot be seen from outside.
2. AC is not working. Even the blower does not turn on.
I can blame it on the same tiny devil called a "RAT". Small devious creatures.
However visually I cannot see any damaged wiring in Engine bay or Cabin.
It might require a lift for inspection hence is pending.