My Black Beauty - Bajaj Pulsar 150cc Review

Thread Starter #16
Thanks Paramesh! I service my bike only at their authorized workshops , din bother asking the oil brand till now!

Tyre change its due now , will be changing it soon!

Thread Starter #17
Alright this thread also has been lying dead for long now! The bike has now clocked 31k KMS and now i need your help guys especially the biker guys.

1.First up tyre change is badly needed now. I am very much satisfied with MRF Zappers provided with the bike and looking forward to buy the same again. Any idea about the cost of the tyre? Should i change the front tyre also , it looks in good condition though.

2.Next its four years now , the battery has also gone kaput. Any suggestions for new battery and also approximate price if possible.

3. Now this is a problem which i have been facing for few months now. The bike in cold start gets switched off whenever i leave the accelerator. If i adjust the idling to a higher setting then after the engine warms up , the idling goes up even higher! If i keep it normal the engine goes off whenever i leave the accelerator till the engine warms. I have not faced this problem all these years. I complained this during service and they said they have adjusted the idling perfectly now , but the problem still exists![frustration]

AMG

Suspended
I recommend MRF Revz.

They are radial tyres. The Zapper is not.

Leave the front tyre alone.

Second choice would be Michelin Sirac.

Also go in for a tyre upsize.
Go for 120 section rear.(The Pulsar 180 has that)
No mods needed on rim.

2: Use the battery same wattage. Exide is a decent brand.

3: Dont interfere with the idling RPM. Tune the carb to flow more freely(At the sake of FE). Or live with the problem. It is a typical Bajaj problem. And it has more or less to do with the weak battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
Thanks for the suggestion AMG. But are you sure upsizing wont cause any problem to the bikes handling and suspension? Battery i think i will go ahead with Exide itself again. And the idling problem i remember only after you mentioned its a typical Bajaj problem! We had a Bajaj Saffire earlier and we faced this same problem after few years![frustration]

Thread Starter #22
Sorry for the delayed update buddy. Decided to stick with the stock tyre size and went for the same MRF Zappers again , costed around Rs.3000.

Changed the battery too and got a new Exide , costed Rs.1500.

Feels good to ride with new tyres and battery , now next service is due now.

hey buddy great ownership report and you maintain it well also!! even after so many kms your bike is going strong!! [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #24
Thanks Umang yeah i think i maintained it well but now its in my brother's hand now after i got my Verna. I think 32k KMS is not too much for a bike , let's see for long this bike still goes.

Completed 32k KMS in just over 4 years now.

Top Bottom