My Beautiful Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 SilverEyez

deville_56

Honoured Member
Had used STP Injector cleaner in Ford Fiesta, the injector had an issue before the use itself. We thought by using this the issue will reduce(Not rectify), and guess what we ended replacing the injector.
Been using STP injector cleaner and octane booster since ages on almost all the cars we have including the lakh plus covered Polo and i20. Most of the time gave positive results, sometimes minimal to no difference. Adding to that most of the OE manufacturers got their own additives, including Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, VW, etc. mostly abroad, but warns Indian customers against using them [anger].

It's not the fault of STP/additive, but the mind who decided to try it on a dying injector [lol]. BTB Ford injectors can be repaired if solenoid is not damaged.

Last edited:
Had got the injectors replaced under warranty as a goodwill.

Why you said, "but the mind who decided to try it on a dying injector". And a laughing emoji. Mocking eh .
Bro, no one is an expert , it was just a try out and I just posted the same, as sometimes things can go wrong. I don't know the logic, say if we use injector cleaner on a weak injector it will die off.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Why you said, "but the mind who decided to try it on a dying injector". And a laughing emoji. Mocking eh .
Bro, no one is an expert , it was just a try out and I just posted the same, as sometimes things can go wrong. I don't know the logic, say if we use injector cleaner on a weak injector it will die off.
Why always taking everything seriously? I didn't mock anybody. Report admin and edit/delete smiley or whatever it if that is that bad or offended.

Coming to logic, the basic job of a cleaner is cleaning. It would dislodge/dissolve the dirt with fuel and that will be fed into the injector. An already weak injector need to work more to get the denser particles through. So it is not safe to use it in this scenario. Or let's say can be used in a much more diluted form for a longer period. Not an expert as well.

Don't wanna drag this further on a poor soul's thread.

Top Bottom