My Beautiful Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 SilverEyez

20000kms Update

There is an adrenalin rush once the engine crosses 2000rpm in 2nd & 3rd gears, it’s the feeling of the Fast and Furious, experienced this fun pretty late, since then I am loving the everyday drive where I look for opportunities to reach upto 5000rpm’s leaving all traffic behind.
20-80kmph is achieved in no time on full throttle. I realised this fun quite late, after crossing 12k��

Seats:
The driver seat is very comfortable giving a complete view of the front. I don’t find any blindspots from the pillars.
The height adjustment is a great advantage, adds to the comfort and front visibility. I wish they had a little more Lumbar support for a average frame like me.

Armrest:
Good feature but almost useless to me. Its way behind for my comfort and size (5.4”), with no adjustable feature in it, it becomes ineffective. A little 3” inch extended to the front would have made my long drives even more relaxed and rested.

Steering:
Tilt and Telescopic helps in getting the perfect position for a comfortable drive. The steering feel and grip is good, though at times, I feel the horn should have been little closer to my thumbs. Holds well with high speed driving too.

Headlights:
Illuminates road very evenly and nicely covering a huge area with powerful high beams. Adds Charm and Glamour. Auto Headlamp feature is superb and works seamlessly, though sometimes the lights are on even under 7.30am sunlight��

Apple Carplay:
Very satisfied with it. Its smooth and very rarely it gets hanged or responses late.

Mileage:
Baleno gives really good mileage in the city and extra ordinary on the highway.

City: 12/14
Highway: 19/26

Braking:
Brakes are effective, stopping without any directional change. Brake Assist would have added more safety to the powerful car.

Mini AMT:
The 3rd gear almost works as an AMT for me, coz there are no jerks all the way from 20kmph to 80kmph, which is the speed we drive in the city. Effortless and Fluent.
Driving on Ghats are a breeze, never felt out of energy even with loaded car on Kasara Ghats. Can climb easily on any Ghats in 3rd gear.

Other positve’s:

Bottle Holders and storage in all doors

Lots of useful storage areas in the cabin

Spacious and Airy Interiors

Superbly Informative MID

Auto Folding ORVM (miss the auto fold on locking with Smartkey feature)

UV Block Tint on all Doors, its super effective

Mirror with lights on both the SunVisors, even some of the higher priced cars don’t have them. Super important for wifey��

Lots of Boot space

Reverse Camera with sensors

To be honest, No Rattles or Unwanted noises from anywhere till now. Fingers-crossed.

Areas of improvement:

Steering Self Centring: The steering doesn’t Self-Centre without inputs after U-Turns.

NVH should have been little improved, especially on high speed driving. Tyre noise increases with speed.

6 Airbags on the Alpha variants.

Cruise Control

Brake Assist

More stylish Alloys as OEM

The Jack and accessory blue pouch in the dicky makes some noise on bumps, a proper cubicle to keep it where it doesn’t rattle would have been good.

Well to be honest, I don’t find any problem with the car. Maybe i love her too much, I know no car is perfect, but my Alpha Baleno is one perfect car for me. Well, the next time I pick a car, I would want all the features of my car in it minimum or else It won’t click with me.

View attachment 244515

View attachment 244508

View attachment 244509

View attachment 244510

View attachment 244511

View attachment 244512

View attachment 244513

View attachment 244514

Have a few points here, questions as well..

> Is the UV protected windshield offered only in Alpha and above variants only or in lower ones too?
> Self centring of steering is common in all power steering cars, and yours must be an EPS, it should worl. Please check with Nexa on the same, whether it is only with your car. I remember driving a Baleno 2 years back and the steering self centred after a U turn, I remember.
> How about the build quality of your car, since there are lots of chit-chats on the downside of Maruti build quality.

Regards
Kumar

The amazing event of BOCM=Baleno Owners Club Mumbai
Proud to be a part BOCM, with Enthusiastic and Energetic Baleno owners from all over Mumbai where age doesn't matters.
Very Helpful to all Baleno owners.
The pics of the 8th BOCM meet

View attachment 251276
The Amazing Line-Up
Excellent...

Baleno is also in my radar for upgrade from my 5.5 year old Santro Xing Petrol GL Plus, however very much concerned on the build quality and otherwise the car, by all means, is an excellent VFM package.

Thread Starter #48
> Is the UV protected windshield offered only in Alpha and above variants only or in lower ones too?
UV Cut Glass is available in Zeta & Alpha

> Self centring of steering is common in all power steering cars, and yours must be an EPS, it should worl. Please check with Nexa on the same, whether it is only with your car. I remember driving a Baleno 2 years back and the steering self centred after a U turn, I remember.
I am familiar with the self centring on EPS cars, but i think it doesn't work as fluently as in other cars,also its common in Baleno's as per my knowledge.

> How about the build quality of your car, since there are lots of chit-chats on the downside of Maruti build quality.
Nothing alarming in the build quality to deter a person from buying a Baleno.
All cars have their pros and cons.

UV Cut Glass is available in Zeta & Alpha

I am familiar with the self centring on EPS cars, but i think it doesn't work as fluently as in other cars,also its common in Baleno's as per my knowledge.

Nothing alarming in the build quality to deter a person from buying a Baleno.
All cars have their pros and cons.
Thanks a lot Silver. Your response was informative indeed. Happy and Safe Miles wiht your Alpha !!

Thread Starter #51
30000kms Update
30000kms.....phew, time flies.
The freshness and feeling of a new car is still intact even after 2.3yrs,
SilverEyez has already taken me to a lot of places Safely & Effortlessly with being very soft on the pocket.
And a few long trips already brewing for the year end.

Rattle free.
No Noises from the Dashboard.
Engine still very Peppy.
Engine still very Fuel Efficient (achieved 24.5kmpl for 550kms recently).
Major Servicing done at every 10k kms from Authorised SC ranging from 6k-8k.
Touchscreen Infotainment works smoothly w/o lag.
OEM Tyres still good enough for another 10k kms.

Thread Starter #52
So the car is running smoothly and trouble free with major dents and scratches thanks to Bikers and School kids.

Very randomly thought of checking the city mileage after a long time...
And the results were stunning....
City Mileage: 14.2km/l (Tankful method)

No pics to show as I didn't reset the MID as I wanted to check by Tankful method.

Thread Starter #53
Back to TAI after a long time.
Main culprit from staying away is PUBG addiction.
Luckily I am out of it now.
Lockdown has been very difficult for everybody.
But I didn't let that affect my Silvereyez.
Took good care of it during complete Lockdown by driving it for 15mins in my society after every 15days.

Regular work schedule has begun since 1st August.
Minor issue cropped up recently.
Right side ORVM stopped working.
Will be giving it to the SC soon.
City Mileage has been still good and no other issues till now.
August City Mileage and Cost
B4BD756C-7B41-490E-A786-40DE1C032E7F.jpeg

Thread Starter #54
40,000 kms Update
It's been a year of NO Long Drives for me.
The car has been used within the city with only a single drive to Lonavala recently.

No Major Issues in the Car.
Slight noise from right suspension, will be inspected in the annual service soon.
Lots of dents and scratches to the car thanks to bikers & kids near my parked car.
Will update more after the service.

XP Bi-Xenon Foglamps Update
The right side Foglamps has stopped working in October.
The service is poor by Xenon Planet,Mumbai.
Will search in the aftermarket for the right side replacement.

Thread Starter #55
Product : Mach Drive Nano Energiser
Made in Korea
Price: 1400₹ (MRP: 1870₹)
1677CF05-534B-43CF-BD08-6264C32E90C0.jpeg

7A732E14-D567-4751-BEF2-25246E635076.jpeg

73EBAA82-E163-4DB6-9000-801BD37BCA44.jpeg

EF78C2FC-A30E-44A1-AE75-2EC6466A825A.jpeg

Got to know about this product and decided to give it a try.
It's an additive for Engine Protection.

12 Advantages as per the manufacturer, but I bought this only for the below advantages :
1)Better Mileage
2)Enhanced Engine Life
3)Saving Fuel Cost

Using the product is as simple as:
* Shake the product 50times
* Open Engine Oil Cap
* Pour the 30ml liquid
* Close the Cap
And you are done within 5mins.
As per the instructions:
we don't have to change the Engine oil till 1200km and run the car for atleast 30kms immediately after putting the Nano Energiser.

Its been a week and 100kms after the Nano Energiser and haven't found any major difference in Mileage and Power.
Will be doing the mileage test as per Fuel Tank method very soon and will keep updated soon.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Product : Mach Drive Nano Energiser
Made in Korea
Price: 1400₹ (MRP: 1870₹)
View attachment 283994
View attachment 283995
View attachment 283996

View attachment 283998

Got to know about this product and decided to give it a try.
It's an additive for Engine Protection.

12 Advantages as per the manufacturer, but I bought this only for the below advantages :
1)Better Mileage
2)Enhanced Engine Life
3)Saving Fuel Cost

Using the product is as simple as:
* Shake the product 50times
* Open Engine Oil Cap
* Pour the 30ml liquid
* Close the Cap
And you are done within 5mins.
As per the instructions:
we don't have to change the Engine oil till 1200km and run the car for atleast 30kms immediately after putting the Nano Energiser.

Its been a week and 100kms after the Nano Energiser and haven't found any major difference in Mileage and Power.
Will be doing the mileage test as per Fuel Tank method very soon and will keep updated soon.
Most of these shows up their effect only after clocking some miles.

Thread Starter #58
Don't try such additives sir, as it can backfire.
I took the gamble, with Fingers Crossed.
Hope there are no side effects to my Engine as I am not planning to upgrade anytime soon till few years.

Most of these shows up their effect only after clocking some miles.
Yeah,that's why I waited till 100kms to start my mileage testing.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Yeah,that's why I waited till 100kms to start my mileage testing.
There is one brand made in Kerala, Armorol, never used though. The guy behind that clearly explained in videos about the science behind these and said it would take up to 3000 km for it to take effect on initial use and goes on improving after that. Some of his testimonials were by taxi drivers, who guarantees extended and smooth drain periods.

Thread Starter #60
There is one brand made in Kerala, Armorol, never used though. The guy behind that clearly explained in videos about the science behind these and said it would take up to 3000 km for it to take effect on initial use and goes on improving after that. Some of his testimonials were by taxi drivers, who guarantees extended and smooth drain periods.
3000kms for the effect to show...
That's too long.
Lest see,Fingers-crossed
But Thanks for sharing the info

Top Bottom