My Beautiful Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 SilverEyez

Thread Starter #16
hi Siddh,
i guess Castrol 0W20 is a synthetic engine oil but i dint confirm it with the SA.
i was charged 1087/- +taxes.

whats the difference between both?
do people use Synthetic in Baleno's?
Synthetic oils costs more( 900-1000/l). There is semi synthetic available as well for around 600-700.

Synthetic lasts more than mineral oil according to experts, but I dont think you require synthetic oil in baleno, unless you are driving too much in bumper to bumper traffic or drive at high RPM. Its simply not worth it IMO.

More details here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/16281-choosing-right-engine-oil.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/synthetic-oil-vs-mineral-oil

Last edited:
I have put Bumper protectors and side strips as well, however lot of people were advicing me against replacing the orange light of the halogens in the fog lamps with LEDs as it will really not help in foggy conditions.

Hi Ashok Rajagopal, i am really sorry for the late reply,
First of all,congratulations on your new Alpha.

For the suspensions there is really no solution, how much pressure do you keep in the tires? try to keep it at 29psi for comfort. The car comes with higher PSI from the company.

The accessories list of yours is same as mine, i have done all the above from Nexa itself.

You should definitely go for Door and Bumper protectors, helps a lot from minor scratches and dents.

i have already changed my Foglamp to BI-XENON LED from Xenon Planet and enjoying the night drives.The fog lamps are very powerful and have a good range.

Thread Starter #21
I have put Bumper protectors and side strips as well, however lot of people were advicing me against replacing the orange light of the halogens in the fog lamps with LEDs as it will really not help in foggy conditions.
For foglamps, you have the option of going for 3000k/4000k bulb which will be lot better than the original lamps and also yellow in colour which will help in FOG.

Ok... Any good places to buy in mumbai ?

Also i understand in the aplha version, the windshield is UV cutting glass with built in UV protection i guess. So is there a necessity to put a UV protection film over and above it ?

For foglamps, you have the option of going for 3000k/4000k bulb which will be lot better than the original lamps and also yellow in colour which will help in FOG.

i have already changed my Foglamp to BI-XENON LED from Xenon Planet and enjoying the night drives.The fog lamps are very powerful and have a good range.
This caught my eye. Can you provide some pics of the same ? And the cost involved , plus the specs of the LED used ?

Thread Starter #24
Ok... Any good places to buy in mumbai ?
There are many options available in the market, but i personally prefer Xenon Planet. Have been using XP micro 3inch BI-XENON since July and very happy with the output, product and service.

Also i understand in the aplha version, the windshield is UV cutting glass with built in UV protection i guess. So is there a necessity to put a UV protection film over and above it ?
I dont think Baleno Alpha's require extra UV protection, the UV cut glass is appreciated for the effectiveness in many forums.

This caught my eye. Can you provide some pics of the same ? And the cost involved , plus the specs of the LED used ?
hi Ivin,
I am not able to capture the beauty of XP Micro on my mobile, thats the reason there are no pics of it on my post[;)] you can see the pics on their Instagram/FB page.
you can check their website for the current prices, its become little cheaper.
I have used XP MICRO 3inch 4300K BI-XENON.

Thread Starter #26
IMG_9424.JPG
Accessories added for COMFORT

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

ordered through Amazon for 849/-
The packaging was little untidy, not to the AMAZON standards.
The product is Soft and Nice with strong stitching and neat materials used.
The color chosen was Black&Red to match with the seat covers.
Looks BEAUTIFUL

Thread Starter #27
Distance = 321.7 kms
Petrol = 24.33 lts
City Mileage = 13.22 km/l
Calculated by Tankful Method.
driven purely in traffic with a single trip to Cidco Exhibition Grounds,Vashi.

Thread Starter #29
Apple Carplay Whatsapp
Apple Carplay has faced lots of flak from users all across, but i sincerely doesn't find much problems with it. infact i like it & will not change to AA.
Even maps are useable and effective, only you need to use long&lat for your destinations all around the world to follow the maps directions.
With the addition of Whatsapp on Carplay it has become even better.
The app is very convenient, simple and easy to use.
You can:
Send Messages via Siri
Read Unread messages via Siri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJV6QRGaOFo

Though the headlights are very powerful in the Alpha,the Foglamps are not so impressive. also the foglamps dont do justice to the overall beauty of the projector drls.so decided to change the foglamps with XP MICRO Bi-Xenon 3inch.
will post the update with lots of beautiful pictures of SilverEyez[:D]
Hi
Where did you get the installation carried out of your xp micro ! Did you go to there installation partners, Did they cut or splice your original wiring loom ? Have you installed a separate switch for switching from lo to hi beam in XP micro. If yes then can you share some pics of the same .[:D]. cause am searching for an alternative lighting solution for my car. Am impressed with there output, but saw some shoddy installation job . please share your experience

Top Bottom