My Beautiful Beast Punto MJD 1.3: Crossed 32000 KM

Re: My Beautiful Beast Punto MJD 1.3 - 10,500 Kms Update

@Dharmesh,
Congrats on your Punto! The seat covers look cute!
But then rules out because it was sedan. Took we real effort to convince wifey that we don’t yet need sedan.
Being an UK-returned, you've made a right choice to go for a hatch as your first car to drive here in India.
Looks like you've got a quite a handful of issues with the A$$. Hope things turn out better in the future.

By the way, I've booked a Punto 75hp MJD Dynamic BNW. I need some urgent help from the all the Punto owners et al regarding one quality issue with my PDI report posted here. This PDI is done after the allocation of the vehicle. The registration is not done. Delivery is not taken yet.
Dharmesh, I don't meant hijack your thread; but, I need this help very urgently. Thanks a bunch in advance! Cheers!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #62

On Saturday, I was going through Kandivali west SV Road, back from Bank towards my home. Me and mom were quarreling on some issue and suddenly I heard THUD noise, looking ahead, I had hit a rikshaw thats also very heavily.

Rickshaw guy came out of rickshaw, I went out of my car. There was a big dent on rickshaw, looking at which I had my heart in my mouth thinking what would be state of my front bumper left side. To my surprise there were only minor scratches on my bumper. After then my happiness had no limit. My dream of hitting Rickshaw came true with minimal cost to me. [clap].This shows the strong body and built of the PUNTO.

Last weekend I went to Pawna lake near lonavala. When I reached there it started raining. The scenic beauty was awesome. Lake with black clouds above it and heavy rain. Just loved it. Unfortunately I forgot camera at home only. Stupid me.

Yesterday I almost went to Bhandardara. It was raining heavily and even on the wet roads and heavy rainy condition, PUNTO was rock solid on 100 KMPH. I was driving as if I would have done without rains. The weather was so pleasent and very foggy on Mumbai Nashik express way. We were not able to see the vehicles at 100 Meters distance. I just loved the place. Actually I dint went to Bhandardara as it was already 4 PM and I have to drive more 24 KM uphill to reach Bhandardara. So may be next time. This time I have taken pics and will post the same soon.

Not to my surprise, but minor rattling is back. I dont know how to describe it, it's not actually rattling. But the sound is similar to "KUD KUD KUD KUD". When we keep something (pebble or plastic dice ) in steel glass and shake it. It is from rear left door ro from somewhere near it. But it is very irritating sound. :@.

I enjoyed both my rides to hill station on consecutive weekends.

PUNTO Rocks. [drive]

Thread Starter #64

[:D] Ha Ha Ha. That's the most hilarious statement I have ever read on this forum.
Really these Rickshaw walas drive as if they own the road, and suddenly from no where they would jump onto and off the road. I always wished that if PUNTO had those rubbers on the side like dashing cars in amusement parks, I would have hit all rickshaws. [gun]. And the worst part is in the middle of the heavy traffic if we ask them to adjust a bit here or there, they wont listen. Its like >>> [frustration]

LOL, when I has the Scorpio, I used to vent out my frustration on these rick drivers. But with Punto, I dont...! Though I am well aware of the build quality... have been rear ended twice with no damage to my car!

My dream of hitting Rickshaw came true with minimal cost to me.This shows the strong body and built of the PUNTO.
:lol!:

Just loved it. Unfortunately I forgot camera at home only. Stupid me.
Cell phone cam ? Or you still use Nokia 1100 ? [lol]

[/QUOTE]Not to my surprise, but minor rattling is back. I dont know how to describe it, it's not actually rattling. But the sound is similar to "KUD KUD KUD KUD". [/QUOTE]
Check the rear seat belts, sometimes such sound come from them too. Also see if the cladding of silencer/exhaust pipe is in place, else this pipe keeps banging on under-body making such sound.

Really these Rickshaw walas drive as if they own the road, and suddenly from no where they would jump onto and off the road.
+1. And I always felt driving a JCB on them.....sheer idiots, just pay hafta to cops and they stop even when signal is green without any indication. [anger]

LOL, when I has the Scorpio, I used to vent out my frustration on these rick drivers.
XUV 500 now ? Or maybe you too waiting for TATA Storme ?

My dream of hitting Rickshaw came true with minimal cost to me. [clap].This shows the strong body and built of the PUNTO.

Last weekend I went to Pawna lake near lonavala. When I reached there it started raining. The scenic beauty was awesome. Lake with black clouds above it and heavy rain. Just loved it. Unfortunately I forgot camera at home only. Stupid me.

Yesterday I almost went to Bhandardara. [drive]
The Rickshaw statement was a hilarious one, loved it!
But this thread needs dollops of pics, cmon mate.
You visit Pawna and then Bhandardara and still no pics, it aint fair!

I remember Bhandardara as a kid , fantastic place in monsoon, especially randha falls and the scenic dam.

XUV 500 now ? Or maybe you too waiting for TATA Storme ?
Nah, the Storme is too boring IMO.

Well, I was pretty excited about the XUV initially, but now it is so common in Mumbai, the frenzy has died down. Lets see.

Wait & see the Chevy Cruze 2012.
I like the Cruze but me and my family are not interested in sedans. We prefer UVs. Our's is a big family with tall people and we need a "big" vehicle. Anyways, we are going OT.

Thread Starter #71

Cell phone cam ? Or you still use Nokia 1100 ? [lol]
I have cell phone with cam, but the cell cam was not good enough to capture the scenic beauty of Pawna lake. [:)]. Still my dad took 2-3 pics will try to upload those. but cannot assure the quality for the same. [;)]

Dharmesh congratulations for Punto. I remember you considered Figo as well before buying.

Punto is great handler and love to munch miles and its evident from your driving, you have crossed 10 K in 6 months.

Thread Starter #73

Dharmesh congratulations for Punto. I remember you considered Figo as well before buying.

Punto is great handler and love to munch miles and its evident from your driving, you have crossed 10 K in 6 months.
Almost 14K to be more precise. [clap][:D]

Great going. This is monthly running of 2200-2300 kms.
You will recover extra money for diesel in one and half or two year

Thread Starter #75

Its not about money, sometimes in life you do things that you like to do from your heart and for that you don't look at money. There is atleast once you do that in your life and buying and now driving PUNTO is same to me. Just brings big smile on my face everytime I set out on highway. [:D][:)]

Top Bottom