My Beautiful Beast Punto MJD 1.3: Crossed 32000 KM

What was the problem? Hope they haven't fingered anything else while addressing your problem. Do check if the bonnet and tailgate are opening.[lol]

Thread Starter #362
What was the problem? Hope they haven't fingered anything else while addressing your problem. Do check if the bonnet and tailgate are opening.[lol]
This TASS fortune motors have one genuine mechanic who always looks after doors related issue. He cannot speak and listen but does the work perfect. So he looked at the issue and was trying explain me what was the issue, but I dint get his action language and just nodded. [;)]. And after that gave him tip.

He is genuine hard working guy.

Yes Sam need to check all other doors as well now. [lol]

This TASS fortune motors have one genuine mechanic who always looks after doors related issue. He cannot speak and listen
Pinch me. Even Karl Slym won't believe that you have used the words 'genuine mechanic' and 'TASS' in the same sentence.

At the risk of sounding callous, which is none of my intentions, I thought all mechanics at TASS were deaf.

Okay, serious question: You have put on a fair bit of mileage on your Punto now. Would you recommend this car to others; say someone who is looking at a diesel hatch for under Rs. 7 lakhs?

If you don't reply to this post today, I will take it that you are stuck inside your Punto.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #364
Pinch me. Even Karl Slym won't believe that you have used the words 'genuine mechanic' and 'TASS' in the same sentence.

At the risk of sounding callous, which is none of my intentions, I thought all mechanics at TASS were deaf.

Okay, serious question: You have put on a fair bit of mileage on your Punto now. Would you recommend this car to others; say someone who is looking at a diesel hatch for under Rs. 7 lakhs?

If you don't reply to this post today, I will take it that you are stuck inside your Punto.
Why not. I din't have any major issues with Punto. But yes if the person can tolerate bit of careless ness from TASS then Punto is worth for the money.

Ahhh I had tough time coming out of Punto, Was stuck inside Punto. [lol] [lol] [lol]

Thread Starter #365
Crossed 33000 KM today morning. There is slight refinement and smoothness in the engine that I could feel. [clap].

There are 2 issue that just got resolved by it self.

1. The glow plug light on dash started blinking again one day and then it never blinked again.
  2. Yesterday, when I tried starting the car after visiting doctor, it dint start even after cranking 3 times. and then 4th time it started and problem din't occur after that.

Apart from that I am very happy with the car. [;)]

Crossed 33000 KM today morning. There is slight refinement and smoothness in the engine that
Havr heard people talking about MJD aging gracefully and you are experiencing it [thumbsup] With every mile crunched, the engine feels better.

Btw, is the battery condition ok? Avoid long crank. It isnt good for modern day diesel engines

[*]Yesterday, when I tried starting the car after visiting doctor, it dint start even after cranking 3 times. and then 4th time it started and problem din't occur after that.
[/LIST]

Apart from that I am very happy with the car. [;)]
Hey Dharmesh, it seems your car doesn't like doctors and hospitals[lol]

But that seems to be very unusual to me in new age diesel engines, just check out with Fiat guys without fail

Thread Starter #368
Havr heard people talking about MJD aging gracefully and you are experiencing itWith every mile crunched, the engine feels better.

Btw, is the battery condition ok? Avoid long crank. It isnt good for modern day diesel engines
Yes from last few weeks I started feeling that engine have become bit silent and smoother.

I dint long crank it, just cranked it once. then again turned off and then again tried cranking. I think battery is OK, because all the lights on dashboard were working fine.

Hey Dharmesh, it seems your car doesn't like doctors and hospitals

But that seems to be very unusual to me in new age diesel engines, just check out with Fiat guys without fail
Yes I am thinking of making visit to TASS and also was listening to FIAT ads on radio about 20% discount on labor charges. So need to check that.

@dharmesh: If the starter motor sounded like it were coughing when you tried to crank, please get it checked. It may be a sign that its about to conk off soon.

Crossed 33000 KM today morning. There is slight refinement and smoothness in the engine that I could feel. [clap].
I updated the XUV thread today saying completed 33k last week and just chanced myself to check what you have been up to! There we go again - always there and thereabouts!!:biggrin:

Thread Starter #373
20130726_081015.jpg

Just completed 34K KMs on ODO. One of the stop light went off so been to TASS they replaced it with new one. Total bill was Rs.145.

There is one big issue that have crop up. Right side of boot is getting wet. Initially I thought it is because we kept a water bottle in boot and it may have leaked. So I kept news paper so that it will soak all water, but despite of newspaper entire wet with water, the part of boot was wet. So raised the same issue with TASS today. After the investigation they found that the body shop work they did on my boot after the last accident was not proper. It had some leaks because of which water was seeping inside.

The mechanic there was annoyed with the kind of work body shop people did. I dint have much time, and body shop people were claiming it will take 2-3 days to complete patch work, but I was not willing to keep my car there. So they suggested to apply sealant. SO the annoyed mechanic applied the sealant on the places where they identify the leaks free of cost. He informed me not to tell SA that sealant was applied or else they may charge for that as well.

Mechanic said, I have applied sealant at the places where I think there were leakages. This should fix the issue. But if not then they need to do patch work (welding).

BTW. There is one bad news. I need to part away from my Punto. Hey wait before you people think that I am going to sell her off. Absolutely NO. Actually I am going Australia for work. SO need to stay away from my beauty. [cry]

In all the Ups and Downs,
On all the roads Good and Bad.
You were always with me.
Never left me stranded alone.
Took all the beating on your belly.
But never let it come through me.
The care I took for you.
The more you care for me.

My Love Punto. [:D]

@Dharmesh

Great way (34000km)to say bye bye to your lovely Punto for a while [clap]. Hope you will real miss it though you have more and more sophisticated rides in Australia. I wish you a great time and safe journey to Australia man[:)]

In all the Ups and Downs,
On all the roads Good and Bad.
You were always with me.
Never left me stranded alone.
Took all the beating on your belly.
But never let it come through me.
The care I took for you.
The more you care for me.

My Love Punto. [:D]
Cho chweet! [clap]

As soon as I read that the boot is wet, the image of your banged Punto appeared in my mind and I thought that it is certainly the result of a shoddy repair job. Reading further reaffirmed my claims. Please insist on correcting the defect as soon as you return - applying sealant is only an interim measure.

An unused car suffers its own ailments. How about leaving it with me while you are in Australia? I will take good care of it:biggrin:. Promise.

Top Bottom