My Bad Luck with Mahindra Scorpio in Chile

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends of TAI.

I have a scorpio 2011 4x4 and have had the following problems:

Entry of air through the door and door handles, very uncomfortable and the service technician can not fix. Even change the original tapestry of the new, 2012.

I discovered that the air intake is because the doors have multiple holes to fix the outside plastic moldings (17 each front door and 14 each of the rear doors, gutters plus 6 holes on rear doors, bone, 23 holes each front door and rear door 21 holes each).That makes the air feel constantly enter the gates producing currents of cold air inside.

But the service technician does not want to solve.

Yesterday was on the road when suddenly stopped working the speedometer needle.
I had to suspend my trip and go to the technical service, the fault is a sensor that does not exist in my city.
My experience with mahindra not been good, so hopefully I can sell it and buy a good quality vehicle because I have fear of damage and with no solution.

Technical service says than in India these problems do not matter because only matters arrive and know nothing of comfort. I do not think so.
Sorry folks, but that's what I humbly believe. HOLES IN DOOR: This picture is not my scorpio, as I can post images?

Attachments

Re: my bad luck with mahindra scorpio.

SCORPIO AT has a whole lot of problems including the major one with AT itself in some cases reverse does'nt engage, oil hose getting burst, and adding to the story the mechanics at M-ASC hardly know the solution. God knows what might happen after the warranty expires for those who have purchased AT. Your's case is no different the customers of this AT are still Guinea Pigs![frustration] Even now if you want to sell the vehicle you might not get the desired buyer for the vehicle, forget the price alone.[anger] You might try and exchange it at M-ASC with Manual Scorpio, much better living with a Manual one!

Its true mahindra AT is problematic but I have heard they are sorting it out.

A serious word with Mahindra top official may solve issues to great extend which I believe. presently Mahindra is doing great deal to win customer satisfaction and make a reputation in Indian market.

my bad luck with mahindra scorpio.
Hello friends of TAI.
I have a scorpio 2011 4x4 and have had the following problems:
Entry of air through the door and door handles, very uncomfortable and the service technician can not fix. Even change the original tapestry of the new, 2012.
I discovered that the air intake is because the doors have multiple holes to fix the outside plastic moldings (17 each front door and 14 each of the rear doors, gutters plus 6 holes on rear doors, bone, 23 holes each front door and rear door 21 holes each).That makes the air feel constantly enter the gates producing currents of cold air inside.
But the service technician does not want to solve.
Yesterday was on the road when suddenly stopped working the speedometer needle.
I had to suspend my trip and go to the technical service, the fault is a sensor that does not exist in my city.
My experience with mahindra not been good, so hopefully I can sell it and buy a good quality vehicle because I have fear of damage and with no solution.

Technical service says than in India these problems do not matter because only matters arrive and know nothing of comfort. I do not think so.
Sorry folks, but that's what I humbly believe.
Hi Friend from Chile welcome to TAI.

In India, Mahindra are not known for comfort and they do have problems in electricals.

People buy Mahindra cars for its low pricing and additionally they are sure that mechanicals won't go wrong much.

People who are looking for comfort has other choices.

Thread Starter #5

Hi Friend from Chile welcome to TAI.

In India, Mahindra are not known for comfort and they do have problems in electricals.

People buy Mahindra cars for its low pricing and additionally they are sure that mechanicals won't go wrong much.

People who are looking for comfort has other choices.
hello friend. you're right. but my scorpio cost U.S. $ 21,000 and in Chile is much money. Thank you.

hello friend. you're right. but my scorpio cost U.S. $ 21,000 and in Chile is much money. Thank you.
Agree that 21000 USD is a lot of money.
But still for a car of that size and features, its considered affordable price in India.

And it seems you are getting it cheaper in Chile than India. Here 4WD AT is costing almost 4000 USD more than your price.

Agree that 21000 USD is a lot of money.
But still for a car of that size and features, its considered affordable price in India.
Do we get Scorpio 4WD automatic in 21000 USD equivalents to 10.5 INR No we get it around 12.5L on road. 4000USD equivalents to 20L

And it seems you are getting it cheaper in Chile than India. Here 4WD AT is costing almost 4000 USD more than your price.
Do you feel one should compromise on comfort just because he is getting Scorpio Cheaper by 2 lks as compared to India.

Sorry for off topic
but if you can not conclude please do not confuse may be :stupid:

Do we get Scorpio 4WD automatic in 21000 USD equivalents to 10.5 INR No we get it around 12.5L on road. 4000USD equivalents to 20L
I was mentioning about Ex Showroom prices. (Don't bring On Road prices here since we are comparing two different countries - you cannot even compare two different states in India because of tax differences)

Scorpio 4WD Automatic BS4 is around 12.5 lacs Ex Show room. That means about 25000 USD which is 4000 USD more than the price given by Chilian friend.

Do you feel one should compromise on comfort just because he is getting Scorpio Cheaper by 2 lks as compared to India.

Sorry for off topic
but if you can not conclude please do not confuse may be :stupid:
Neither I am trying to conclude nor its confusing.

My reply was to his statement that "In India they don't know anything about comfort"

Hope I am clear.

It was his Technical Service's Statement

My reply was to his statement that "In India they don't know anything about comfort"

Hope I am clear.
You are not clear :-)
Immediately our Chilean friend wrote ''I dont think So''

Chill
[cheers]
Can we suggest him to get door panels sealed - may be some DIY to arrest cold air current.

@ mahindra chile user : I have owned many Scorpios my friend & none of them have had this air gushing problem. So its clearly a one off case.

Did you get the side cladding aftermarket? Quite unlikely as your's seems to be the top end variant.

Did you have any aftermarket jobs done on your car?

Has your Scorpio even been in an accident/shunt?

My Hawk doesn't have such problems.

I have heard a quite few owners of Refreshed Scorpio versions complaining of Air entering cabin , while overtaking trucks.

But mine is a pre-refreshed version and have no such problems.

And as many are saying that Scorpio has problem with electrical is not true.

As with mine they are working as intended.

Thread Starter #15
@ mahindra chile user : I have owned many Scorpios my friend & none of them have had this air gushing problem. So its clearly a one off case.

Did you get the side cladding aftermarket? Quite unlikely as your's seems to be the top end variant.

Did you have any aftermarket jobs done on your car?

Has your Scorpio even been in an accident/shunt?
Hi folks, thanks for your comments.
not, and never had accidents in my scorpio.
it's little comfort in India is the opinion of servicing.

anyone knows how to seal the doors?
thanks.

Top Bottom