My Alto Sportz Baby From Sri Lanka

Re: My ALTO Sportz Baby

I totally agree with kelumwj in this case. maintaining is costly in any car if we are using genuine parts. what people doing here is using recondition parts which is use for few thousand KM's. but i prefer using genuine parts. i must say Maruthi Vehicles are the cheapest to maintain in here.
In the agent workshops we get the best service i must say they techs knows what they are doing and they are well trained for that. Best example is can give is once i took my baby to check on a sound coming from AC the tech just turned on it and just listened to sound and just kept the palm on dash board for few minutes to feel the sound, just said Sir something is stuck in the blower or vent closing door. he was 110% correct. cost was bit expensive but the job was weel done..[thumbsup]
And also best is they insist to bring any 3rd party equipment to there workshop and they will install by them so the warranty will be intact. [glasses]
+1 :)
did you order the HIDs?

Thread Starter #47

Yeah, today morning i got them and fixed. have to wait till night to see the performance. brand is KD and cost me 5500Indian rupees.[:D]. free of laborer charges and got the parcel tray also. it will be fixed next week while doing the free service.
i went there today and there was too much workload for the workers so came back.
with this upgrade i guess i have got all the required things for my baby..[cheers]
pictures will come on the evening.

Yeah, today morning i got them and fixed. have to wait till night to see the performance. brand is KD and cost me 5500Indian rupees.[:D]. free of laborer charges and got the parcel tray also. it will be fixed next week while doing the free service.
i went there today and there was too much workload for the workers so came back.
with this upgrade i guess i have got all the required things for my baby..[cheers]
pictures will come on the evening.
Great [thumbsup]. That means it costed about 12 thousand SLR.How many Kelvins?.Where do you service your car,Kitulwatta or Royal gardens Rajagiriya ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49

its 6000K and works great today i came home around 7.30pm and HID did there work great.sooo cool and i can see around 40M in front of me and i drove totally with low beam.
i do the service in Rajagiriya its the service center and do the repairs on Kitulwatta where they have the workshop there.
to be exact 13900/= rupees.they did the fixing.
Im trying to do the DIY for the parcel tray tomorrow..

its 6000K and works great today i came home around 7.30pm and HID did there work great.sooo cool and i can see around 40M in front of me and i drove totally with low beam.
i do the service in Rajagiriya its the service center and do the repairs on Kitulwatta where they have the workshop there.
to be exact 13900/= rupees.they did the fixing.
Im trying to do the DIY for the parcel tray tomorrow..
Great [:)]. Anyway get the headlamps aligned again. As the HID beam pattern is different from the Halogens the headlamp setting would need some adjustment. Btw when are you gonna do the next service. We too would be doing our service next week :)

Last edited:

led is Rs 125 (50.1 Indian rupees) and non led is Rs 142(57 Indian rupees). Diesel is Rs 73(29.3 Indian rupees). These are Sri Lankan prices.These difference is big in here.
Here the alto is one of the cheapest cars and it cost around 530000 Indian rupees..[sad][sad]
cheapest car for rs.5 lakhs!! [surprise] that is very expensive buddy. maybe importing from india will cost you cheaper because alto sells here for 2 lakhs onwards and cheapest car is nano for rs.1.5 lakhs!!

Thread Starter #52
Free service.

Done the first free service on AMW service center. Since the oil change done by 1000km mark only free washing d done. great service. i complained my AC rotary contral is stuck for the last 5 months. they removed the AC system peace by peace and found the fault. a bolt was stuck in a one of the AC went closing doors.
and further more they did a full cleanup and replace the AC thermostat switch (the Alto sensor is faulty and they claimed they have replaced nearly 1000 units for these few years.) they changed the old one with a Japanese one all under warranty.
I requested the techs to close the AC fresh air intake control door permanently so the junk want fall from the fresh air vent. they have shown me the opened fresh air went can do. tree leafs, small dead insect, and lot of dust and dirt. They closed it permanently. And all fixed back and all are working great now..
Then it was time for a wash. I watched them doing the was.. It was soo great job. Washed the inside outside and engine bay and did the polish and vacuumed the interiors clean all the last place they could find. And they found my remote controller on the ICE which I have lost few weeks back under the back seat.
While doing the washing I saw several service advisers coming and inspecting the car I asked any problem they said the modes I have done are nice. In fact they never seen a remote boot opener , rear parcel tray and Xenon HID kit in this type of model and they got the part numbers from me and said they are going to order more these types of modes to fixed to other same models.

Every one said it’s a nice car now and few of the customers also came and checked. I took few snaps while on the service. i have some money to the people who did the AC service and wash. So they will remember me next time when come to the service. Total cost was 0 Rs (except the money I gave to the techs.).
Xenon installing.
hid1.jpg hid2.jpg hid3.jpg
HID power on night
power1.jpg power2.jpg
DIY parcel tray
parceltray1.jpg
Immobilizer
imobaliser.jpg
AC repair
inside dash board
dash1.jpg dash2.jpg dash3.jpg dash4.jpg
AC unit
ac1.jpg

cheapest car for rs.5 lakhs!! [surprise] that is very expensive buddy. maybe importing from india will cost you cheaper because alto sells here for 2 lakhs onwards and cheapest car is nano for rs.1.5 lakhs!!

But Umang check out the feature list of their Alto , that is why it costs more there.

Thread Starter #54
AMP installed all DIY

i have installed Kenwood 350W amp on my baby today. took about 4 hours.total DIY. pics and details will follow later.

Thread Starter #55

Due the 5000 service next week..
up to now its done 5100Km. and i have done the following modes up to this time.
rear parcel tray.
remote boot opener.
cigarette lighter.
6000k HID kid.
480W Pioneer rear speakers.
400W Keen-wood amplifier.
ALTO door visors.
body color ORVM's.
hood railing.
silicon remote lock and security system.

Thread Starter #59
it looks like this guys..may be a different name is used in other places.
hood railing.JPG
i'm planing to take the baby home on Friday and give a cleanup and do a body wax and a interior clean and a Vacuum and take some photos and post.since i live in a near road place even if we clean it every day it gets dusty.so at-lest once month i clean her well.

Top Bottom