My Alto Sportz Baby From Sri Lanka

Thread Starter #91
@kamalb, nice 2 din man. How much it costs and how is the music quality?
its bit expensive in SL ( here the imported items are expensive due to tax.) it cost me around 30000/= in SL rupees. but the sound quality is slimier to a branded one. good bass and tribal too.video quality is also good.i did not install the Navigation SW yet. its a good value for money.

Looks good, did you buy it online ?

If yes please post the link..
No Varun. i don't believe its a good idea to buy high value items from ebay since we might face problems one there is issues on warranty period. so i used the local agent which gave me 2 years of warranty.

i just ordered a night vision rear view camera from ebay. will take some time to arrive here . this will be a total DIY project.need to go through some training videos as the wiring to player will be some what tricky.
the idea is to remove the backup sensor display from the dashboard as it give me a odd feeling as im a baaad neat freak. i need every thing tidy as it can be i really hate the hanging wiring here and there. i have seen some guys vehicles wiring of the players, speakers and other equipment... spiders web is much better than those wiring as im not sure how they live with that since they see this mess every day.
[anger]

Last edited by a moderator:
its bit expensive in SL ( here the imported items are expensive due to tax.) it cost me around 30000/= in SL rupees. but the sound quality is slimier to a branded one. good bass and tribal too.video quality is also good.i did not install the Navigation SW yet. its a good value for money.
Thank you kamalb. Just post the details about the 2 din player and the facilities it has.

im a baaad neat freak. i need every thing tidy as it can be i really hate the hanging wiring here and there. i have seen some guys vehicles wiring of the players, speakers and other equipment... spiders web is much better than those wiring as im not sure how they live with that since they see this mess every day.
[anger]
Same here too [:D]

See my dash after 3M dash Board Polishing.

Thread Starter #94
its nice neat and tightly.. nice man keep it that way. also the under-dash keep all the wires tight together. cable ties are the best solution i have spend 2 days doing this cable tiding and it payed off since i don't have issue in small sounds such as wires rattling.

Thread Starter #95
Following are some photos taken during some of the maintenance work during last year.
few maintenance work done are
#change the rack bush since it was giving some noise when going on uneven roads.
#has to service the AC since some bolt nut has gone inside it. MSAS guys told it has gone during the car assemblies on Gurugan factory. bolt is not from ALTO and its from Swift car. they were not sure how it went inside.i found it after a while since i couldn't close the fresh air intakes were not closing down.to find the bolt they had to dismantle whole of the AC and dashboard.

This is how the fresh air is coming in when it close air inside the car will circulate.this is the place where rats coming in from outside to the AC system
ac  fresh in.jpg
AC system
ac.jpg
ac2.jpg
This is the driving rack (what we call it) where it has a bush inside which prevent the rod rattling inside the rack. once it ware out it start to give some big "duck..duck" sound when we drive on uneven roads
rack1.jpg
Rack Bush
this is the bush which need to be replaced.
rack bush.jpg
Immobilizer unit
imobalizer.jpg
this is how the power shutter unit is fixed to the doors. no change in the existing shutter.
power shutters.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #97
today i have done a radiator flush to check if there are any rusting inside the radiator and filled with 1L of coolant from Wurth and 2L of distilled water.
coolant change
coolent.jpg
coolent flush.jpg
also found out the brake oil need to be changed so did a brake oil flush too and fill with new brake oil too (brand - Lockheed made in England)
bk oil 2.jpg
bk oil.jpg
bk oil chng.jpg

Thread Starter #98
after running on 32000KM on stock MRF R12 145/80 tires i change them even though about another 15000KM left i deside its time to change a good wider set of tires. after several hours on investigating i went of Chinese made LingLong R12 165/70 with a wider surface.
i must say nearly 80% of road noise is gone and ride is sooo much comfortable now i want feel most of the vibrations are gone and cant feel the pot holes in the road now anymore.
tire.jpg
change.jpg
side.jpg
turn.jpg

Thread Starter #99
I was sick with the service guys since they don't wash the rides well so i bought a high pressure washer for domestic use with a pressure of 110psi it washes every inch very well. i used it and wash the ride every inch.
wash.jpg

Engine bay as well
engine.jpg

Now the ride is looking cool.
after new tires,oil and coolant flush, engine wash and interior clean now the baby is clean and looking cool.
frnt.jpg

Wow !! Nice upgrades. 165\70 ? Never seen this on any car.

It doesn't look wide at all, or is it only to me ?

How much does each tire cost, also share the cost of washing equipment.

Thread Starter #103
yeah... i know i did not believe it either untill we fill up the 2 tires and compared keeping them together. sorry i couldn't take a photo at the moment of both the tires. but i must say its much more (more than 70% ) comfortable than the old stock tires. its taking the pot holes very nicely.
and i was driving home on weekend on speed of around 70KMPH in a torrential rain and sudden brake......hmmmmmm.. did not skid and no issues car stopped within around 5-8m..so skidding or any other issue.
tire cost me around 7000 Sri Lankan Rs. and after trad in the old one i get one tire for 5000 Rs.
washing equipment is Karcher - High Pressure washer K 2.300. link is High pressure washer K 2.300 | Kärcher International
its very nice equipment to wash any surface with mud,grease ect.. u cant imagine how easy to was any dirt using a pressure washer. more over saves lot of money and time and also it saves my paint from moron wash guys.
total time for wash around 20min . total water spent around 20L. electricity around 2-3 units . just wash with normal water then spray the wash liquid then wipe the places need to be cleaned then wash again using Pressure washer water.
i will try to make a video when i wash next time at home.

Thread Starter #104
Change the Clutch plate,pressure plate, baring and crank oil seal. total cost was 18000 SL Rupees. time 4 Hr's. now the clutch is responding very well and no reving in low speeds.
clutch plate was totally ware off and only few Km's life before it start destroying the flywheel.there was few scratches in the flywheel as well from the clutch plate. total running life was 32000Km's.
and change the gear oil also since transmission oil will be drained before removing the clutch plate.
Snaps will follow soon.

Thread Starter #105
Done a full body wash, under body wash,engine bay wash and vacuum. just put back the back seat covers since it was out about 2 weeks due to less time.
did a full body wax using 3M car wax.
total time spend was 3 Hr's and cost 0.00.
its good to do some hard,sweet work every week to burn some fat.[clap][lol]

this few snaps of the ware off clutch plate and pressure plate.

the clutch plate and pressure plate [see how much plate dust are located inside the clutch. it was total brown inside this area in the gear box]
1.jpg

another closer look at the clutch plate.
2.jpg

a closeup [see how much it has ware off. if this continued few more thousand Km's the fly wheel will be damaged and its another cost. fortunately i got time to take a my ride to mechanic and he was open on Sunday..
3.jpg

Top Bottom