My Alto Sportz Baby From Sri Lanka

Thread Starter #76
went for a long ride few days back. but no photoed you know why ? i completely for got to take the battery for the camera.
covered 700 Km in 4 days and FE was around 18 (here we don't have highways). ride was nice..had to climb a elevation of 1/2km within 10km's but ride was done in 3rd gear without a effort. except 2 times which i had to go to 2nd gear all other time i used 3rd and 4th gear in the hill this was on 100% AC.
Following maintenance done by me on last weekend (all are DIY and if i use the agent cost will eb nearly 8000SLRs).[thumbsup]
Removed the front seats and lube them well so adjusting the seats are easy. i have used Wurth HSS2000 spray lube which my Maruthi agent has recommended for me.
All the joints and door locks lubed as well and the result it remove many squeaking noise nearly 30% and i must say the door and boot locks perform very well and better then earlier.
Removed the door upholstery and lube the mechanical parts using Wurth silicon lube which is specifically recommend to lube the plastic-metal parts.after this sliding the windows are easy now.
Cleaned all the carpet using vacuum after removing the seats.
Rewire the ICE and amps using recommended wiring.
Lube the AC moving parts such as doors and leavers and wheels.
Degrease the front brake calipers and paint them black using heat resistance paint to avoid the rust.
phew.. lot of work and it took me whole day to complete these. Now the squeaking noise is removed so much from inside.[cheers]
Guys i have 2 questions.
1. has any one used sound damping on a alto to reduce the road and engine sound ? im searching on this project now if it works im planing to do this as another DIY.
2. i have a security system installed and the the indicator LED looks bit odd. and i just wonder Wagan-R has a inbuilt Alarm indicator bulb. (see the picture)
00.jpg
Will i be able to slide this thing in to my switch panel (the Head lamp level selector is also in this switch slots.)
can some one help me on this.

@Kamal - Change the spark plugs to Iridium plugs. You will feel the difference. I also have a Alto LXI of FB red colored. The vibrations normally get from the 3 cylinder cars will be minimized and acceleration will be smooth. If available you can think about Green Cotton or K&N stock air filters for mild performance increase. But Green Cotton is better (probably) than K&N.

Safe and happy driving.

regards.

Thread Starter #78
tasuray, Thanks for the suggestion. i'm planning for a spark plug change on my 10000 service which is very near. and for the filter i'm in a dusty environment so even without running my car turn brown within 2 days. so im bit reluctant to change the filter to K&N one.
Mean time can some one tel me what we should do in a 10000Km service. im planning for A wheel alignment , spark plug change. what else should i change ?

Kamalb - Interchange between the 5 tyres. One thing you can change though it is not related to the service - change your headlamps to Phillips Rally 90/100W bulbs. Your headlamps will flooded from Colombo to Jaffna.:biggrin:

Re: Free service.

I requested the techs to close the AC fresh air intake control door permanently so the junk want fall from the fresh air vent. they have shown me the opened fresh air went can do. tree leafs, small dead insect, and lot of dust and dirt. They closed it permanently.
Closing AC Fresh air intake control door permanently is good? can you do that?

Thread Starter #81
yeah.. it is it prevent water and other intruder items such as insects and leafs ect. which keeps the blower and other instruments free.. so my Ac is so clean even after 3 years now.
also i have install the cabin filter also for the AC system where it gradually reduce the dust inside the car about 80% i noticed.

Thread Starter #82
HI all long time since my last visit to TAI. many months in busy schedule, new baby, premotion and new responsibilities in the job, new house build and mostly new baby son... so couldn't visit much of the time to the TAI. there few upgrades.. power windows,new fog lights, new security system, and 2DIN vagigation system,dampening the front and rear doors and floor dampening,new seat covers. also one small accident and scratch in the front bumper. pictures are waiting to come now.

Thread Starter #83
I have done a 30000Km service with following services
usual oil change i used BP2000 10W20 semisynthetic oil with oil filter
change the spark plugs to NGK (Japan)
and did a fuel injector cleaning and air intake cleaning
wash and wax
also
I have fixed a 2 Din player with navigation system (brand ForYou - made in China)
a new H.I.D system illumination 6000K 35W.
below is how it looks in the night in my old kit one bulb was burned and i thought rather than replacing it i replace the whole kit. trust me i have draw the car in torrential rain with only one HID head light.i couldn't see the difference of 1 and 2 HID bulbs.
using Low beam
DSC_2473.jpg
in High beam
DSC_2474.jpg
Change the viper blades to Wurth branded viper blades
and a DIY engine bay clean using 3M engine de-greaser product.

This is how the sparks look after running 30000Km's
New and Old.
DSC_2470.jpg

Two chemicals used to do the injector and air intake cleaning.
DSC_2471.jpg

I found some rust on the seat frames and just clean them using a de-greaser and sand paper and spray paint them using heat resistance paint.
remove the seats and wash them and seat covers also dried on sun and vacuum whole interear under the original floor mat by removing it

Thread Starter #85
No Varun. i used some 3rd party power window unit which has been working for 3 years. its good product. MGA units are too expensive here.
did not need to clean the throttle body since the fuel injector cleaning and air intake cleaning do the trick and clean the throttle body also.so no need of removing it.

i will post the 2 din player tomorrow.

Thread Starter #86
following are few snaps of my new 2DIN player
Day time
DSC_2502.jpg
DSC_2505.jpg
Night
DSC_2506.jpg
DSC_2509.jpg

how it looks in the night in the cabin..relay love this view.
DSC_2512.jpg

Idea - even in the mid of 2010 buying a new or used car in our place is too expensive as the all the cars are around 1mil even after using 5-10 years so even though I had a high salary it was very difficult to maintain a one. But after joining a new international company (PEARSON) the need of having a set of wheel was a indication of showing the position and also our travelling was increased 100% within in few months since my wife had to go to universities on weekends and also travelling in public and private transportation was a headache for me since it waist lot of time. So I was ready to buy my own used car but my in-laws was concerned about this and they told us to get a a brand new vehicle for us since used vehicles were not so sure from the trouble prospective. So we were planning for a Maruthi 800 but a sudden decision from government change the import tax of the vehicles and the vehicle price vent down like a rock thrown to a water tank. olahhh..

Next day I went to our Maruthi authorized dealer Associate Mortar Ways and checked the cars and they were very helpful on details I must say(I have read many experience from users in the forum) and I must say I'm 200% happy with them. And my father in law was very happy with my choice (ALTO Sportz) and he asked us to buy fire brick red in color. But since many has done booking the waiting time was 3 months which I have done the booking on 8th of June. So paid the initial payment and started waiting.
Mean time I started taking the driving lesions and I sat for the written test and got passed and then had to wait 3 months of probation period to take the practical test with a examiner which was given the dates to December. mean time I started doing research in the car (I was very new to the automobiles) and read many articles and forums too and I must say I have gathered many details and I was keen to grab the car quickly as I can and made several calls to my dealer and asked about the delivery date.
Delivery -One fine day on August the GM of the AMW my area called me and asked me "there is a ALTO Sportz model is there which was delivered for a customer who has done the order for a lease but could not clear it quickly enough so if you like you can do the full payment in cash and take it" I was thrilled and told my father-in-law and he called the bank and did the transfer next day morning. And the dealer asked me to come to the shop and fill some documents which is need to send to DMV for registration.
I went to the dealer next day (8th of August)and sign the papers and he told me if I like I can take the car home with the chassi number but I sail I will wait till next week to get the car with the registration number .
Waited another week went and got the car and did all the checking on checklist . But the number plates will delivered in another week and the ORVMs and original mud flaps are out of stock once they are received they will contact me. I said ok and one of my uncle's drove the car back to home since I was still on probation for the driving license. My wife was very happy since every one was told her that it was a gift for her b'day which was on 4th.

Mid of next week GM of the dealer shop called me and told the number plates are ready and in the weekend I went to the shop again with my father-in-low to fix them and mean time few add-ons was fixed too a set of roof railings(my father -in-law likes this very much) , a set of bucket carpets ,mud flaps and bought a cover to cover the car .
By beginning of December the dealer called me asked me to come and get fix the ORVMs and I got fixed them. But still I couldn’t drive the baby since still the examiner didn’t gave me a date for test.. I was furies about this and called several times and managed to get a date on 22nd December.
Finally got the license and managed to take the car for a drive. Wow I was soooooo thrilled. And me my wife and Sister-in-low was wit us we went here and there for few hours and came back home.
After that I bough the baby home where we stay(Colombo) and some time I travel to office in it (depending on the time I go to office.)
Price before the price reduction - SLR 1.7mil INR 0.693mil
Price after the Tax reductions -1.3Mil 0.530mil

Options- P/S , body colored bumpers, rear spoiler with stop light , JVC KDR416 MP3 player with USB, fog lights , Alloy wheels , Leather seat covers, feather touch ORVM's , glass tint , security system with remote locking and remote start (optional). Our dealer AMW (Associate Mortar Ways) done the registration for me in our DMV (this saved me another 10000 bucks).

Add-ons - roof railings , bucket carpets ,window wiser ,cigarette lighter (for charging the mobile and laptops)

Problems - there are two problems I facing now. A huge sound comes from the left side shocks as it goes to a pitt hole and AC controller has been gone hay-wire as I cannot control the function knob on AC panel. I have taken the baby to the dealer and he will replace the shocks on both the sides and check the AC unit on Monday as it was bussey day and lot of people was there.
I bought a cigarette lighter from out side shop and asked them to fix it they took about 20 min to fix it and walah.. Done but when we operate it it got shorted and fuse on stereo went poof.. And the mechanic replaced the fuse and smiled and replace the cigarette light unit with a another one..so all were done.

Modes (expecting) - gave a order for cable comp back door opener unit , rear parcel tray , power windows(we have a Japanese ALTOin our country which is 650CC and it’s a AT and comes with power windows. my engineer in dealer said almost any part from it can be fixed to this ALTO so I'm planning to get a unit from a Japanese alto and fix to my one).

Very nice said...[clap]

Top Bottom