My Alto Sportz Baby From Sri Lanka

350Z

Core Team
Re: Pioneer is fixed....

after few calculation and ICE guru thoughts the 480W Pioneer speakers are temporarily setup on my boot space without boxes total DYI thing done by me wiring from HU to the speaker setup the tech guy in service center showed me how to fix the HU and where the wiring should be done . this is till i get my tray fixed in boot. sounds are good since im not a boom boom baam sounds person. it gives me the base and mid and tweet i like.
gave a quick wash to the baby y'day.looks clean and nice now.
next project is to build a DYI amp for the system.im searching for the net for diagrams and going to go for shopping for few DYI kits this weekend.[thumbsup]
Good that you found a solution, because I’m afraid that ICE queries will remain unnoticed by our gurus in Ownership section. Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: My ALTO Sportz Baby

Hey Kamal your ride is looking good now but isnt there a slight mismatch in paint on the ORVM'S?

And HID'S go for 4300K they will be effective.

Thread Starter #33

Hey Kamal your ride is looking good now but isnt there a slight mismatch in paint on the ORVM'S?

And HID'S go for 4300K they will be effective.
hmmmm.. after this i went and inspect the ORVMs and also asked my wify to inspect but it looks that difference has come from the mobile camera. since my Canon S5IS is on service im using my E63 mobile camera.[lol]
Still my HID work is pending.still im on 50-50 to do the upgrade since many says the HID's are useless in heavy rain and mist. i hope some one who has HID will verify this question.[confused]

Thread Starter #35
Reset the ECU.

thanks 350Z I read the thread till the end but there is no detail about the performance of the HID on weather conditions. Yesterday i drove the worst weather in many years about 100 KMs the rain and wind was very heavy in some places the water was 1-2 feet high I couldn’t see 20m in front of me and thank god there was no mist or fog. Baby performed very well in these conditions. From break to wipers everything was working great. No failures at all.
I faced a knocking problem 2 days before and it was very irritating on driving on the traffic on bumper to bumper. I read few articles about the ECU and ignition system. I change the petrol used from led petrol to non led petrol , and did reset the ECU by removing the battery leads for about 10 min and then run the engine about 10 min idle. I felt a leap difference in pickup and engine performance. Wow.. can this be happened? Gurus any thoughts on this.
[confused]

Re: Reset the ECU.

........I change the petrol used from led petrol to non led petrol , ........
[confused]
Maybe I am wrong and its been 2 years now that I don't drive a petrol engined vehicle, but please correct me if I am wrong guys that using a leaded fuel will make the cat con go kaput!. If this is true then please don't use that fuel again kamal you will be asking for more trouble if you do so. Is leaded fuel still available in lanka?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

Yeah,still its the most common used petrol since its the cheap one and the price deference is huge. But now im not going to use them except in a desperate need of petrol need in a rural area [:D].
I'm used to drive a Diesel powered beast so i'm getting used to the petrol now.it was a 1.4L Diesel and now to 800CC petrol. still studying the petrol engines, on what to do and not to do.. thanks for the heads-up.

Thread Starter #39

led is Rs 125 (50.1 Indian rupees) and non led is Rs 142(57 Indian rupees). Diesel is Rs 73(29.3 Indian rupees). These are Sri Lankan prices.These difference is big in here.
Here the alto is one of the cheapest cars and it cost around 530000 Indian rupees..[sad][sad]

Thanks for the info. Well congrats for your ride again and do post updates on regular basis its always nice to see something from auto enthusiasts like you.

Thread Starter #41

Thanks and planing for few upgrades
HID's
Rear parcel tray
AMP
Door safety switches
Change the cabin light to LED ones
and above all going to do the first service on 25th(only oil change and oil filter was changed till now) its been 3000Km now.

hmmmm.. after this i went and inspect the ORVMs and also asked my wify to inspect but it looks that difference has come from the mobile camera. since my Canon S5IS is on service im using my E63 mobile camera.[lol]
Still my HID work is pending.still im on 50-50 to do the upgrade since many says the HID's are useless in heavy rain and mist. i hope some one who has HID will verify this question.[confused]
Its nice to see a lovingly maintained Alto.We are using HIDs on our Maruti 800. 8000k Bi-xenon,it looks more like 6000k though. So far no issues in rainy weather.Sometimes it might be because we use HIDs and the driving lamps together :).The HIDs perform well in projector lamps. The conventional lamps scatter the HID beam. That too varies from reflector to reflector. Also when checking out your pics i saw the Headlamp leveling switch on position 4.Put it to 1 or switch it off.That will help in throwing the beam further :). Whats the HID brand you are gonna buy?

Thread Starter #45

I totally agree with kelumwj in this case. maintaining is costly in any car if we are using genuine parts. what people doing here is using recondition parts which is use for few thousand KM's. but i prefer using genuine parts. i must say Maruthi Vehicles are the cheapest to maintain in here.
In the agent workshops we get the best service i must say they techs knows what they are doing and they are well trained for that. Best example is can give is once i took my baby to check on a sound coming from AC the tech just turned on it and just listened to sound and just kept the palm on dash board for few minutes to feel the sound, just said Sir something is stuck in the blower or vent closing door. he was 110% correct. cost was bit expensive but the job was weel done..[thumbsup]
And also best is they insist to bring any 3rd party equipment to there workshop and they will install by them so the warranty will be intact. [glasses]

Top Bottom