My Alto Sportz Baby From Sri Lanka

Re: My ALTO Sportz Baby

Hey Kamal your Alto is looking nice and well maintained! I love the alloy wheels , its a pity that we don get the same Alto here!

Thread Starter #17

Hey Kamal your Alto is looking nice and well maintained! I love the alloy wheels , its a pity that we don get the same Alto here!
thanks cooldhaya. i did some research and found we can upgradea LXi model to my model by painting the bumpers and add fog lamps,security system,a player and a spoiler and alloy. the trick is to find the best quality stuff to fix.MGA are very expensive. but for us buying from the dealer is very much cheaper as doing a upgrade cost me extra. plus we have a single dealers warranty for all the parts so its easy..[:D]

Thread Starter #18

bad news guys.. last Thursday a rat (later found it was actually 2) has enters the engine bay and eat few wiring which was for left indicate signal and half of the wiper washer water tube. i was furious and kept so much poison to kill a bull and few glue pads..
next morning (got up around 5am to see the results) got the results 2 dead rats on glue pads..
called up insurance guy and got a quotation and went to workshop the technician is now very friendly with me after i went several times.
he repaired the wiring and replaced the tube and cleaned the tubes. and while cleaning the blower we found the missing half of the tube the b@$!... has drag them to blower to build up a nest. so it cost me 640 SLRs. and decide no to claim the insurance.
now i dont want to even see a picture of a rat not even mickey mouse picture.i hate rats now..

thanks Zinam for the points.
i had a chat with my dealers electrician and tech guy. they asked me not to change the head's to 90/100 since this will damage the reflectors. he has shown me a one which was 3 months old ALTO. instead he asked me to get a HID kit which is better for the battery and also in best for the bad weather (up to 6000K is legal in here).im planing to go for this option.
for the other two upgrades i have ordered them from my dealer and they will arrive within two or three weeks.
If i get a HID kit they are going to fix them to my car free of charge he said.[:D]
one more upgrade came up. going to fix the door opened indicator switches to the back doors too. this is a must safety feature i believe which any vehicle should have no matter its a Jaguar or TATA Nano.[thumbsup]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
first damage..

bad news guys. i got a crack in the fog light. could be due to the road conditions or hit by a debris from the road. any way its going to cost me around 1800 to replace the whole unit including the brackets. how ever the insurance is paying for this and for a temporary solution i have applied silicone glue to prevent the water entering inside the lamp.
going to re-pare this soon and im waiting till my rear parcel tray and cable comp boot opener is arrived here. so i can fix all together in a one single shot.
as per the rats now every day i can see one is caught in the trap. total 5 for last one week. every day i continue to catch and destroy them.. cant let them some near my baby..

excellent write up buddy and greatly maintained car. altos there look very sporty. so bad that even being most popular indian car maruti doesnt launches anything like this in india..all we get is stickered car in name of special editions [cry]

Huh so much of rats at your place? I remember facing this rat menace in our Sierra long time back after that no such issues!

Thread Starter #22
My Alto-Sports BABY first long trip..

i took the baby for a long ride nearly 3 days and 400KM's was covered FE was 18KMPL with 100% AC on all the time. no trouble was given to us by this baby.it worked more than the expectations. max speed achieved on the normal road was 80KMPH. and the the baby handled narrow roads and traffic very well with 4 adults on board
i have faced a new problem now in the low speeds around 5-10KMPH on low gears it jerks.i cant figure why its happening this happens even if AC is off or on. i wonder our petrol heads has any ideas or tips for this problem?
can any one tel me what are the services should we do on a first service? i have done only the oil change from 1000KM mark and its nearly 2100 KM now.i have scheduled a service coming 30th.
and changing the spark plugs will do any change in jerking i guess Alto has the Champion plugs and i would like them to be changed to NGK ones if there are any improvements. i noticed this jerking has increased in the last 300KMs.

Thread Starter #23

Huh so much of rats at your place? I remember facing this rat menace in our Sierra long time back after that no such issues!
hay cooldhaya guess i have wipe the rap population not only my place also neighbors my they claimed they have discovered around 20 - 30 rats within last few weeks.i gave the rats a good buffet (kind of chocolate like poison + dried fish mixed with a powder like poison ) and kept few glue pads with some biscuits on top of them i perfect trap i have poured some poison powder to the biscuits too so they will be dead too.
and kept 2 glue pads near the front tires (kept them inside) so they will be caught while trying to clime on to the bay.[evil]
whalah...caught around 11 rats by this method. [cheers]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
Baby taken for repairs.

I have taken the baby for few repair a big and long scratch got from a accident happened in home.it made a big scar in the back door on passenger side. i have requested the service people to fit a back door opener.
following repairs will be done.
repaint the right back door.cost 14500 SLRs
change the front left fog lamps cost 6500 SLRs
paint both ORVM's from the body color cost 2500 SLRs
fit the back door opener cost 1500 SLRs
total cost will be nearly 27000 SLRs which will cover 98% from the insurance.but seams it will take 4-5 days to complete the work. i m waiting impatiently to see the end result.im planing to fix a HID conversion kit tot the baby so i can drive in the night. have to check the HID kits for this because i heard HID are en effective on heavy rain and mist. if any petrol head has a HID conversion kit on there cars can you confirm this to me?

Thread Starter #25

car is back from the workshop. they have done a great painting job. they have even painted the ORVMs in body color and fix the new boot opener. ill upload the pictures in night.

car is back from the workshop. they have done a great painting job. they have even painted the ORVMs in body color and fix the new boot opener. ill upload the pictures in night.
Congrats Kamal. Do post the pictures of your car soon.
And what about the HID kit? Did you enquire about it too?

Thread Starter #27
My ALTO Sportz Baby

Thanks Akash, i had a chance to have a chat with a tech guy in service station. he said few important things to me. if im going for a HID kit make sure the light color is bit yellowish color which will the below 6000k. and since we get lot of heavy rains and mist white color will not penetrate the mist/fog except the yellow color. and he said they will fix it free and its good for the battery too and last longer than the Halogen and there will be no effect on the reflectors. rather than using a high voltage bulb HID is the best option on a long term run.
i couldn't take much photos since im using the train on busy hours to office and was not with the alto baby for few days.
i took few snaps while it was in the washing bay waiting for a wash on workshop. 2.jpg 3.jpg

Nice to see your baby Alto back into its gleaming state. And equally nice of your MASS who are offering free installation of HID kit.
BTW whats the badge under the side indicator?

Thread Starter #29
Alto LXi Sportz Baby

HI Akash its SPORTZ ALTO sticker and it comes with the car from the dealer.this is a closeup taken using my mobile.
sticker.jpg
uploading the snaps of my new boot opener. MSS done a great work on this.I relay admire there work. they know what they are doing and how to do it.[thumbsup]
striker.jpg
lever.jpg

and here comes the ICE QUESTION
i have a JVC KD-R416 HU it says the O/P power is 50W X 4 and i have bought a PIONEER TSA6993S 5 way speaker pair for my back and it says 480W max and 80W nominal power. question is if i want can i plug these together without a harm to the HU. currently im not willing to go for a amplifier right now. so TAI ICE gurus can some one give me some ideas on this matter please?.
here are the snaps
HU.JPG
pioneer.jpg

Thread Starter #30
Pioneer is fixed....

after few calculation and ICE guru thoughts the 480W Pioneer speakers are temporarily setup on my boot space without boxes total DYI thing done by me wiring from HU to the speaker setup the tech guy in service center showed me how to fix the HU and where the wiring should be done . this is till i get my tray fixed in boot. sounds are good since im not a boom boom baam sounds person. it gives me the base and mid and tweet i like.
gave a quick wash to the baby y'day.looks clean and nice now.
next project is to build a DYI amp for the system.im searching for the net for diagrams and going to go for shopping for few DYI kits this weekend.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom