My Alabaster Silver Honda Brio VMT: First on TAI

Thread Starter #16
If Honda India is favoring anybody in India it's you jazzy first you get the jazz in urban titanium which everybody are dying to get for last 8 months then you get brio which again people are waiting for . You are a true Honda man ? I did a test drive of the brio and it's just a super super smooth car I would prefer it anyday over the i10 and swift . In my view if jaaz is giving you 13 in b-to-b traffic iam sure the brio must give you 15 or 16 . How are the service intervals for the brio ? Iam sure your dad is a man with a smile now . Congrats once again enjoy the car to its fullest .
Hey Raja,
You hit the nail on the head man. Don't know how but God has been kind. I actually had serious doubts if I would be getting the jazz in dec after the floods.Pulled a couple of strings & managed to get it [cheers]
Brio too had a long waiting as you said correctly. But it so happens that theres less demand for the top vmt version so we ended up getting it before others.[clap]
Yes FE will increase I'm sure, lets see, fingers crossed. Dad is v happy too. Brio has 2 free services in 1st year. First one in 1 month or 1000kms & the 2nd is in 6months time...thanks again buddy

Wow Jazzy first Jazz now Brio. It seems the i-vtec bug has actually bit you hard but to be true honda's vtec engine is quite addictive. Brio is amazing VFM car. Congrats on your new ride.

Re: Honda Brio VMT Test Drive

Congratulations on your brio VMT.

I liked the brio as a whole package.Ride quality is the one that I am quiet doubtful regarding the Honda Brio.Hope you clarify that.I have checked out it soon after it was launched I think in the honda showroom(TD was not available).I lied the interiors.

My best variant is S(O)MT. I think you like to have a lot of features in your ride.

How did you find the overall dynamics of the car compared to your jazz?And also the ride quality ?

Thread Starter #22
Re: Honda Brio VMT Test Drive

Congratulations on your brio VMT.

I liked the brio as a whole package.Ride quality is the one that I am quiet doubtful regarding the Honda Brio.Hope you clarify that.I have checked out it soon after it was launched I think in the honda showroom(TD was not available).I lied the interiors.

My best variant is S(O)MT. I think you like to have a lot of features in your ride.

How did you find the overall dynamics of the car compared to your jazz?And also the ride quality ?
Thanks point_city96,
Ride quality is a slight issue with all Honda cars as they are slightly stiffly sprung & you can hear the suspension working in brio jazz & city as well. Yes, I do like my car to be fully loaded as far as possible because I have to live with it for the next 3-4years!
The S (O)MT is a better value for money overall & that's why the VMT is generally available in showrooms.
Frankly speaking, I need to spend more time with the Brio before I pass any long lasting comment viz e viz the jazz. Moreover since I drive all the time I will be able to comment from a drivers perspective only. Jazz with its 15 inch alloys is a size bigger than the Brio's 14inchers. Time will tell & I shall get back to you on this buddy [thumbsup]

Hello Jazzy congrats on the Brio ,really looking forward to read your feedback as you go along since you have a Jazz already & you can compare the two products as time goes by.

I see you have lumar front film which looks similar to the one on the Jazz(guessing the legal 70 vlt) but without the greenish tinge.How much did the sunfilms cost? & any difference between the lumar & garware front other than less reflection on the Brio thanks to the dashboard being darker on the top!

Hi Jazzy, I too get lucky and got the delivery of my UT Brio EMT yesterday. I was thinking of making the booking but waiting period in EMT model was high, someone upgrade his model and I turned out to be the lucky one.
[cheers]

Its just driven 45 kms and showing an FE of 12.7 all without AC.

I need to ask did you installed any sunfilm on the car? If yes, which one and how much it cost.

What all have you bought as accessory?

Thread Starter #25
Hi Jazzy, I too get lucky and got the delivery of my UT Brio EMT yesterday. I was thinking of making the booking but waiting period in EMT model was high, someone upgrade his model and I turned out to be the lucky one.
[cheers]

Its just driven 45 kms and showing an FE of 12.7 all without AC.

I need to ask did you installed any sunfilm on the car? If yes, which one and how much it cost.

What all have you bought as accessory?
Hi Naveen,
Firstly may congratulations on your Brio UT. My Jazz is in UT & that colour just rocks. Its unique & kind of semi formal. 12.7 is great, we are at abot 9.5 with ac currently. Its just been a week.
Sunfilms done on our car was of Lumar Silver series on the sides & diamond series upfront- intsalled at dealership itself. It costed us Rs.5750 (front windshield film is expensive but worth it as the most heat infiltration happens from front).
Extras fitted are as under:
Mode package’(Rs.15000) which includes floor mats, illuminated side step garnish(only front 2 doors), front/rear/side/cargo protector to protect from scratches, chrome door inserts (not yet fitted as it was out of stock). Apart from this we have done the 3M polish & underbody antirust coating(Rs.6949). The sunfilms installed are of Lumar (diamond series for front & silver series for sides). Body cover (Rs.1200).

Thread Starter #26
Hello Jazzy congrats on the Brio ,really looking forward to read your feedback as you go along since you have a Jazz already & you can compare the two products as time goes by.

I see you have lumar front film which looks similar to the one on the Jazz(guessing the legal 70 vlt) but without the greenish tinge.How much did the sunfilms cost? & any difference between the lumar & garware front other than less reflection on the Brio thanks to the dashboard being darker on the top!
Hi Prads,
Thanks for your good wishes. Brio has Lumar tints whereas in Jazz I had fitted Garware. Front windsheild Jazz- Icecool sheild Garware whereas Brio- Lumar Diamond series. Both come with 5 year warrantys. Sides & back Jazz- Garware HP 35 whereas Brio- Lumar Silver series.
Cost wise my Garware set costed me Rs.7000 whereas Lumar was for 5750.
As I said earlier, I need to spend more time in the Brio befor I comment, but for starters, the Garware film upfront is visible, in the sense, one can easily make out that a film is in place. Whereas, that's slightly less in the Brio.
But during a drive, last saturday, I could feel that the heat infiltration is more with Lumar as compared to Jazz's Garware. Regarding the reflection bit, well in Jazz theres a slight reflection but nothing irritating as such, whereas Brio too has a slight reflection thanks to the triple tone colouring of dash in VMT.
Hope I've clarified your queries to some extent but time will tell more..lets see

^^ Again the car is looking great Jazzy. Hope the plastics are coming off soon [:)] Only thing that worries me from the pictures is the boot size. Really looks tiny. Maybe one suitcase would fit?

Thread Starter #29
^^ Again the car is looking great Jazzy. Hope the plastics are coming off soon [:)] Only thing that worries me from the pictures is the boot size. Really looks tiny. Maybe one suitcase would fit?
Thanks Lobo,
yes the plastics have already come off & soon the art leather seat cover pics will be up. Yes the boot is tiny & what makes it worse is the very high loading lip. Its best for small shopping trips to the mall, thats it.[surprise]

hey Jazzy that is one tiny boot how do you get the spare wheel out?do you have to fold the seat or something?I guess you can place a 2 litre bottle in the boot to demonstrate the length cos its hard to make out the dimensions from the pic.

As for heat radiating from the front then i can say for a conclusion your sunfilm is not working on the front as i face this when the front windshield has no sunfilm & a friends i20 had this prob even with the sun film on,sunfilm was replaced with another brand after windshield was cracked during service & seems to be no problem now.

Top Bottom