My 4th Brother - Volkswagen Polo

Thread Starter #16
First of all welcome aboard Prad.13 and that is one nice review of solid Polo. In terms of build quality and stability it is best in class at the moment, with no serious competition in sight. As you said regarding engine, well if your need is such it does not make much of a difference.

All in all a very good package for you. I loved the pics too. Nicely done.
Thanks a lot sir

Hi, congrats for your black polo. looks very awesome !
Thanks a lot....Black was my favourite colour in the polo.I feel it enhances the looks of the car.
[:D]

Hi Prad.13,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Many congratulations for your Polo. And in black, it is looking too good.
Thanks a lot..

@Prad.13
Congratulations. Welcome to Polo club. Lucky you got it in just 45 days. I had to wait for 05 months to get my Polo.
Which month you got delivery. 1.2 Petrol delivered in July comes with Free 3 year Annual Maintainance Contract worth 19900/-. Have you got this free?
Do consider buying an Extended Warranty available for 7199/- for additional 2 years. Let your experience and pics coming.......
THANKS SIR.Yes lucky indeed.Since it was black it took me 45 days.If white or red or even pepper grey is chosen then we would get it within 15 days.

I ordered on april 30 and got it on june.No i wasn't aware of these free annual maintenance.Unlucky as i missed it just by one month.We haven't decided about it.However we were told by the SC that it would only cover the internal repairs or damages.. So we haven't decided on this.

Surely the pics and the review will be coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18
These were the pics taken during my delivery.Hope you guys like it[:D][cheers]

Attachments

Thread Starter #19
ilango[speed thirst];89702 said:
Welcome and congrats for the purchase.
Thanks.

Now let the review continue,
INTERIORS:

Colors in the dashboard:The beige and black matches the outer color(black) perfectly.Also i have purchased and fitted the seat colors.i will post the pictures of the interior.

Plastics: Splendid.The plastics are fantastic.It has the sedan like plastics.Its a joy to rub the plastics in the interiors.Its give me such a pleasure to rub it especially after my old wagonr.

Panel gaps:nil.They have surely built the car with a great perfection even though there is a huge demand for the car.And it justifies the time taken for delivering the car.[clap]

Lights & buttons:The buttons in the car has a nice tact feel to it.And the illumination of these buttons are truly unbelievable considering the fact that its a hatch.The red color lighting never distracts you.And it goes beautifully with the interiors.It looks natural.

Chrome fills :Adds a premium feel.Its too good to see it in the daylight.It makes the car richer and feels class above.

FUNCTIONALITY

Music player: The sound is pretty good.The bass,treble,fade options are cool to use the difference can be surely felt.Though the sound isn't fantastic , its pretty good for me.Also i badly miss the USB option.But its does what it claims and is very truthful to me.

The Multi Function Display: It is one of the best feature in the car.It displays the odometer,Kms left for the amount of petrol,Avg fuel consumption,Instant fuel consumption,Speed,Time taken in the trip,Kms taken in the trip,Outside tempreture,time.

But what i cant figure out is wheather there is a speed limiting sound(beeps) and i dont get the gear shifter in my car (or iam not able to figure it out) [frustration]

Steerling Wheel:Its is a pleasure to use this.Its feather light.I can steer the vehicle with the index finger.Its very light.And the plastic,the design is pleasant and applealing

The light knob,Wiper,Turning lights:It is hard to adopt the reverse way of the levers in the car.And its making my dad frustrated.Its a bit complicated actually.THe indicators are in the left side while the wiper are there in the right hand side.So it takes some time to get used to it. However once used to these the car is a pleasure to use.The glove box is huge and also a chiller(cools so much).The light in the top (located in the center) is also great.Every thing in this car makes you feel special and premium.Surely a sedan feel is coming from the interiors.

Gear shift: Butter smooth.Short and slick and best in class.The clucth is soft and awesome.Its superb and iam sure it will be great in the highways
And there is wall kind of a structure (it comes along the A\C knobs).It allows the legs to rest and iam sure it will be very helpful in the long drives.

Horn:This is also something that brings a smile to my face.It gets the attention from all including the trucks,sumos,(SUVS),and the passing ppl.

Comfort inside:great.The bucket kind of design in the front seat are greats and it gives a fantastic thigh support.Also the seats and legroom is good.I have no problems in it.And it never gives any neck aches or back aches.
However i hate the long transmission tunnel coming till the back seats.It makes it tough for the 5th passenger.

THE WAY THE CAR RIDES:

Suspension:Ohh boy its surely soaks the bumps and pothholes.Its great.Only if you ride you will feel the difference.

Body roll:Its very little.Almost nil.Gives the driver the total confidence to take it through any sharp turns.And steerling wheel also gives a bonus to the car.The car is very stable in high speed.

Gear Ratios:Splendid.VW have chosen it perfect.Rightly said "Desire power,Have mileage" [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures buddy , i love Polo in black , white and red! Coming to your doubt my friend has a Vento TDI highline and it has a speed limiting sound(beep) so i assume it must be there in Polo too. And about the gear shifter indicator there will be an arrow displayed next to the gear displayed in the MID , follow the arrow shift up if it shows up arrow and downshift if it shows down arrow. I find the gear shift indicator to be pretty useful in my friend's Vento! Follow it and your FE will be great!

And about the steering wheel feedback you have posted i think you have not taken the car to highways yet. As the speeds build up , the steering feels well weighted and it becomes harder , just love it!

I would recommend you take the extended warranty , i think you already know VW spares are a bit costlier.

Good that you opted for the new showroom at Mount Road , the other dealer has a huge waiting period!

Mods sorry for OT , BTW i am Saravana's close friend![:)]

Thread Starter #22
Nice pictures buddy , i love Polo in black , white and red! Coming to your doubt my friend has a Vento TDI highline and it has a speed limiting sound(beep) so i assume it must be there in Polo too. And about the gear shifter indicator there will be an arrow displayed next to the gear displayed in the MID , follow the arrow shift up if it shows up arrow and downshift if it shows down arrow. I find the gear shift indicator to be pretty useful in my friend's Vento! Follow it and your FE will be great!

And about the steering wheel feedback you have posted i think you have not taken the car to highways yet. As the speeds build up , the steering feels well weighted and it becomes harder , just love it!

I would recommend you take the extended warranty , i think you already know VW spares are a bit costlier.

Good that you opted for the new showroom at Mount Road , the other dealer has a huge waiting period!

Mods sorry for OT , BTW i am Saravana's close friend![:)]
Thanks for the details.I just love the steering.And we are thinking whether we should or should'nt opt for extended warranty,and we have decided it yet as the SC could'nt give us the total details.Yea VW spares are costly,it seems polo's alloy would cost a whopping 16,000Rs.[frustration]

Good to know that you are a close friend of Saravana,he is my classmate,[:)]

See post number 14 in the previous page for the extended warranty price details. I would say go for it , 7k is nothing compared to prices of some of the spares! It will give you complete peace of mind for the 4 years if you don't have any plans of selling the car after maybe 2 years.

Thread Starter #24
See post number 14 in the previous page for the extended warranty price details. I would say go for it , 7k is nothing compared to prices of some of the spares! It will give you complete peace of mind for the 4 years if you don't have any plans of selling the car after maybe 2 years.
I went back and saw,but can you pls tell me what it covers under the extended warranty[confused]

In general it covers any unexpected repair happening with the car. It does not cover the parts which gets damaged due to normal wear and tear. Germans cannot compete with the Japanese when it comes to reliability so i advice you take it. It may get useful for you , it may not also. Extended warranty for my Verna CRDI went unclaimed but its just like insurance , gives you peace of mind!

@Prad.13, congrats & welcome to the polo-club.
Have fun & Drive safe.
Awesome black...looks awesome after every wash [:)]
Get used to the "WOOWWW" looks from those around u on roads.

Pls post some pics of the interiors also

@Prad.13, congrats & welcome to the polo-club.
Have fun & Drive safe.
Awesome black...looks awesome after every wash [:)]
Get used to the "WOOWWW" looks from those around u on roads.

Pls post some pics of the interiors also
see the date of last post buddy[;)]

Congrats Prad.13,
VW Polo in black color is a head turner. Since you have opted for the highline variant you have got all goodies loaded.
Wishing you a Happy ownership throughout !

see the date of last post buddy[;)]
Do agree i've posted very late...but looks of a polo...esp black will never get old on roads
My Black warrior attracts loads of attention from all on roads, each time it gets a wash! [thumbsup]
Keeping aside all the uncomfy experiences with dealership that Prad.13 had been thru, i'm sure driving a Polo would be more rewarding than any.

Do agree i've posted very late...but looks of a polo...esp black will never get old on roads
My Black warrior attracts loads of attention from all on roads, each time it gets a wash! [thumbsup]
Keeping aside all the uncomfy experiences with dealership that Prad.13 had been thru, i'm sure driving a Polo would be more rewarding than any.
good to see that photo.Black polo is mindblowing[:D]
but just surprised on seeing that the thread was never posted after that.
sorry if it hurts you.

please share some more pictures[cry]

Top Bottom