My 2015 Maruti Alto K10 AMT VXi Granite Grey: Ownership Review

Dear K10ags. Congratulations for your new ride! Its by far the best small Auto hatch available in the market today and that is why I am tempted to buy one for my family members.

1. Can you comment on the braking performance of your K10 AMT with the stock tyres. Do you think upgrading the tyres to 175/60/r13 or 165/60/413is a must?
2. How is the handling and ride north of 100kmph and below 100kmph? How is the stability of the car on highways on a windy day?
3. Any weird sound you hear at idle from the AMT transmission ?
4. How is the comfort level on the front and back seats?

Look forward to hear from you and happy driving with the AMT!

Thread Starter #33
Thanks Vjroadie.

1. Breaking is good. I think, upgrading is not necessary.

2. Sorry, I cant comment on this. So far I never crossed 60 kmph. Handling and stability at this speed is fine enough. Till now I have driven this car in city only.

3. No. Just small vibration.

4. No problem with front seats for any sized person. But rear seats are comfortable for only avg size persons (Ex: 5.8). Three avg size people can easily fit. Legroom and under thigh support not good for 6 footers at rear bench but headroom is fine.

Last edited:
Thank you for your information K10ags. I did understand the fact that the rear space is limited to medium built people. Except me in my family no one is above 5'8", so I guess this is not the deal breaker for me. Plus we have Ford Ecosport for long journeys so this will be only used in city. I am going to book the Dark red color and the estimated delivery time is around 20 days.

Thread Starter #35
2K Kilo Meters update: [clap]
My car reached this mile stone Yesterday. Here are the few points

• Very easy to drive
  • FE is around 14 kmpl (only in city & ac always on)
  • Good pickup & power
  • Super chilled AC
  • Door rattling issue
  • Avg suspension
So far, I am very happy with this car. [:)]

Congrats on the buy K10ags.
Except for mild vibrations in car while idling, there is nothing else to really complaint about in k series engine. This is the first time i saw a k10 in grey colour![clap] and it looks good.
Can u plz post a pic of engine bay? Just want to see how the amt box looks.

All the best.

Thread Starter #39
Initially, after a couple of hundred KMs some noise started from driver side door. That was fixed at the time of first service. Now, mild noise is coming from left side doors. Not sure from which door it is coming from.

Except this issue, everything is fine. I never faced AMT related issues such as jerk while gear shift, rolling backwards etc.

[clap]
Nice pictures.
Colour of the car is very attractive and the essential aftermarket fittings are essential.
Some queries
1.Seat cover are eye catching,did you bought them from market or stitched them as per your material choice and colour?
2.Is Remote key option, Fog lamp,Body colour door openers available in any A.G.S model of Alto K10 ?

Wish you and your car lots of miles together.[drive]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.
The after market fittings are absolute requirement and will serve the purpose well.
Some question's
  1. Seat covers are readymade purchase or custom stich?
  1. Remote key,Fog lamps, are these available in any of automatic version ?

Well i booked my Alto K10 Vxi (AGS) Granite Grey today,salesman has promised to deliver my car on 20th of June 2016.Eagerly waiting for the delivery[:D].

Top Bottom