My 2007 Maruti Suzuki Esteem VXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,

We traveled [drive] to Hyderabad on a short 2 day trip, me along with two of my friends. Left Bangalore @ 6.30 PM reached Hyderabad Hotel Central Park in Bashir Bagh @ 2.30 AM inclusive of 3 breaks. The Highway was awesome and clean one could actually put food on it and eat :biggrin:. Total distance traveled was 1284 two ways. While going since this was my first trip to Hyderabad I was uncertain of the road condition so I could do a max of 140 kms/hr, but while returning as I was sure of the roads I clocked in 160 kms/hr it was hard to believe!!! so I immediately asked my friend to take out the camera and take a picture.

About the traffic sense in Hyderabad, no offense but sense of traffic BAD. Traveling inside the side is pretty confusing but my friend’s Samsung Galaxy S2 said was a lot of time by its GPS.

Well I just wanted to show that my 2007 Esteem VXI which I bought two months ago preformed amazingly brilliant. I never thought an Esteem could do it but it proved me wrong.

Attachments

Re: My Esteem doing 160!

Esteem it is.
The PTWR of esteem is highest..
Love that car. My dad drives a 2006 Esteem and is not ready to part with it.
That says it all.
Esteem matlab? Esteem matlab big [;)] Remember that esteem ad on tv?

Doing 160kmph on Indian Highways is a short cut to next life and a threat to other road users. You are endangering others as well as yourself.

Keeping your hands on a steering wheel brodie knob at that speed makes it even more dangerous. Please observe traffic laws and do not test the limits of your car on public roads. You can always take part in a race and get the rush in a much safer environment and with less risks.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard Lawrence. Congratulations for buying Esteem!

I was uncertain of the road condition so I could do a max of 140 kms/hr, but while returning as I was sure of the roads I clocked in 160 kms/hr it was hard to believe!!
Nice picture. The road looks clean but let's not forget that it's India. Things can come all of sudden from nowhere and cause a serious casualty. It's always better to be prepared for such things while travelling and keep the car in controllable speed limits to avoid the uncertain risks.

Well I just wanted to show that my 2007 Esteem VXI which I bought two months ago preformed amazingly brilliant. I never thought an Esteem could do it but it proved me wrong.
Again congrats. Thread title has been updated. Do share the ownership experience along with more photographs of Esteem.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended

Keeping your hands on a steering wheel brodie knob at that speed makes it even more dangerous.
Totally agree with you Jalex, the brodie knob is something which I always found weird and useless.

Thread Starter #10
Accepted. I was holding the knob to get a good pic, Otherwise I am used to use the knob only while necessary like for example for Parking, u-turns, reverse.

I always liked the body shape of Esteem and Maruti 1000. It is very sleek and aerodynamic, esteem cuts through air like knife, and the low stance practically eliminates body roll i guess.
btw what was the avg FE that you got in your trip ;-) just curiosity.

Thread Starter #13
I wanted to go for a Sedan segment vehicle with certain conditions -
· Budget has to be under 3 lacs,
· Has to be a sedan
· Drivable for the next 5-7 years
· Easy maintenance

After a long research the only suitable car I decided was an Esteem. But frankly I was not satisfied with the second hand cars in the market until I found this one.

This is a 2007 VXI with only 12, 600 kms done on the ODO, I was surprised by the way it was maintained. Absolutely no major dents or scratches on the vehicle, the only flaw the car had was that there is no cover on the LED break light on the spoiler and a small dent on the roof. The car has a original Maruti/Kenwood MP3 music system, The Manual shows only 2 service histories at 128 kms and second at 4800 kms, an extended warranty which was not even opened. The plastics on the rear seats was still there unopened! I was extremely happy when I drove it. So I told this to myself “this is what is called as MINT condition ha?” and without any other thought I negotiated this baby for 2.75 lacs.

After purchasing the only changes done are complete service from Mandovi, Sum Film(80% dark on the sides and rear and 20% on the windshield) and removed the wheel caps.

The only thing I am not able to get adjusted to- is the clutch, there is a slight jerking which the service center also could not fix, I guess I am getting used to it now. The second thing I observed was the initial pick up is less for a 85 BHP car. But all said the car runs as smooth as butter and I do not see any difference on mileage in city with and without AC, I get an aprox of 12 kms/ltr.

In this HYD trip the recorded mileage while going was 18.06 Tank to tank and I could not record the return journey.

I am proud that I got a fantastic buy, super value for money car and like the saying goes “Fill it and Shut it” I am experiencing and loving every bit of it.

Your car sure does look great and the Kms done on the clock are very low indeed. Get the roof dent cleared out and about the led brake light cover missing, If its not available, maybe some D.I.Y job can help. We do have some resourceful members here.

Also post some more good pictures of your car. I too absolutely love the Esteem, Its a great car on track. Drive safe[:)].

Congratulations Lawrence and waiting for the detailed review. As Jalex suggested, seek support from other members in the forum for the DIY. Till that time you can paste sello tape on the light to cover it up from dust.

Top Bottom