My 1st Car Ertiga ZDI: Story of a Noob

That's a great kit Abhiwar! I will look forward for some great travelogues going ahead from you with your brand new Ertiga and the lenses [clap]

Thread Starter #17
Driving Experience So far :- 3090kms

Day 1 23rd August:-
We hired my uncle's driver for day 1 , because my father was still not confident on my Driving skills. I had finished my Driving course only 10 days prior to delivery, So after doing pooja and roaming around a bit in Thane we all came back home.

Parking for 1st time :-
I was dying to try my hands on Ertiga diesel , before this i'd chance to drive my friend's Indica V2 and the overall control and pick was similar to Old (all screwed up) Honda City (CNG) on which i'd took my driving lessons. So while our driver was parking car in reverse i asked him if i can try parking her for the very first time ? Driver - "YES ! Why not after all its your car" [clap] .

I literally jumped on driving seat, did some adjustments to driver's seat as per my comfort, Pulled in clutch , slot Reverse (thawk ! ), Released handbrake (krrrrrrrrrrak ! ) , released clutch and put some (extra) pressure on Accelerator . Before i could think of any thing else car jumped in Reverse and i was hanging on to searing wheel [lol] . Braked hard as i could and managed to stop just an 1/2inch before Joshi Aunty's Scooter( Activa) . Bhe*****Ch*** Kya pick up hai car ko ! this was my reaction while driver was all drenched in Sweat as he was standing beside Activa to assist me . Well after this He took wheel and parked my car safely ! without jumping on anything.

After this i started practicing on empty roads (late night driver) did lots of Highway drives also (I feel much comfortable on highways), and soon completed my 1st Service (with in 15days) and went on my 1st longish Drive to Nasik here are some pics .

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Mr.abhiwar and your Ertiga. As every one said I think this is VFM. I like the pics clicked by you. Fantastic. Especially the below one

Expecting more pics and interiors also.

Thread Starter #19
Day 1 23rd August:-
We hired my uncle's driver for day 1 ,............
2nd part of my Review

To cut short . Till now i've completed 3098kms and here is list of my Highway Drive's and my opinion on Ertiga ZDI.

1> Thane- Nasik (more than 2 times) 300kms X 2

2> Thane-Mahad :- 160kms round trip

3> Thane-Kolhapur-Thane :- Close to 700kms .

Looks :- From front end car looks like a Hatch , its only after looking from side you realize that its a MPV and not some random hatch . Looks from rear end sucks big time, I just hate to see car from back side, it looks so tiny with those small tail lamps. Other wise overall looks 6/10 .

Comfort :- Comfort on first 2 seats and middle row is class leading , Tons of leg room and head room . I dont think there is a better car in 10-11L range if your priority is Comfort , But at the same time Last row in only OK ! for small drives , because there is hardly any leg room for last row passenger. There is A/c unit for Center and last row which is boon , with blower knob on 2 it cools down car with in 5-7minutes which is very impressive. Overall comfort 7/10

Built Quality, fit and finish of plastic parts :- Built quality is very good, fit and finish of other plastic parts is also acceptable , unlike other cars i dont see much gap between two panels. Overall Built Quality 8/10

Handling and Braking :- Handling is impressive, specially considering its a MPV , Negotiating through long corners is very easy but on sharp turn you can feel Body Roll which dose'nt give much confidence on Sharp turns. Still i feel handling is not that bad. Braking is also very effective, On my last drive i had to brake very hard to avoid an Innova who suddenly jumped into my lane @ 30 kmph and i was almost doing 100+ on NH3 car managed to Stop in time without any fishtailing . Overall Handling and Braking 8/10

Engine Performance :- I sometime feel that it would be great to have 1.6L engine instead 1.3L , After 110kmph car feel little stressed and any thing after 120 is not good for this engine ( please correct me if am wrong) . But that Turbo Kick you get after 1700rpm is priceless on highway all you have to do is keep RPM needle above 1700rpm Enjoy overtaking . this car has given me maximum of 18kmpl and minimum 14kmpl which is very good for this kind of a car. The only drawback is Turbo Lag which some times is very irritating in city traffic , otherwise its just pure bliss to drive this car on Highway's. Overall Engine Performance 9/10

just 4-5 days back i got New seat covers and Sunfilm for my car. I will post some pics of that after some time.

Thank You !

Congrats Mr.abhiwar and your Ertiga. As every one said I think this is VFM. I like the pics clicked by you. Fantastic. Especially the below one

Expecting more pics and interiors also.
Thank you sir for the compliment , Sure the Photo shoot of my car is still pending as am preparing for exam. As soon as i get some time i will do it and keep posting pics on same thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Abhiwar. i haven't seen such quality photos in this forum. Congrats. DO post more photos of interior and exterior.

Re: Driving Experience So far :- 3090kms

Engine Performance :- I sometime feel that it would be great to have 1.6L engine instead 1.3L , After 110kmph car feel little stressed and any thing after 120 is not good for this engine ( please correct me if am wrong) . But that Turbo Kick you get after 1700rpm is priceless on highway all you have to do is keep RPM needle above 1700rpm Enjoy overtaking . this car has given me maximum of 18kmpl and minimum 14kmpl which is very good for this kind of a car. The only drawback is Turbo Lag which some times is very irritating in city traffic , otherwise its just pure bliss to drive this car on Highway's. Overall Engine Performance 9/10

Thank You !
First let me congratulate you for your first car. Have safe driving experience with new car. As you rightly said 1.6L engine may be good for this kind of cars.

Recently I was driving on NH4. We had friendly race between Ertiga belongs to my friend and mine SX4 diesel. Just to my surprise he couldn't accelerate his Ertiga beyond 120 kmph becuase engine felt stressed. But my SX4 was raring to go beyond 135kmph. Needless to say that I won the race of five Kms with him easily.[clap]

But to my surprise [surprise] both cars having same 1.3 MJD engine of Fiat and it perfomed differently.

I think Ertiga requires at least 1.5L engine[;)].

I literally jumped on driving seat, did some adjustments to driver's seat as per my comfort, Pulled in clutch , slot Reverse (thawk ! ), Released handbrake (krrrrrrrrrrak ! ) , released clutch and put some (extra) pressure on Accelerator . Before i could think of any thing else car jumped in Reverse and i was hanging on to searing wheel [lol] . Braked hard as i could and managed to stop just an 1/2inch before Joshi Aunty's Scooter( Activa) . Bhe*****Ch*** Kya pick up hai car ko ! this was my reaction while driver was all drenched in Sweat as he was standing beside Activa to assist me . Well after this He took wheel and parked my car safely ! without jumping on anything.
Congrats Abhiwar, nice narration with sound effects [clap].
Pics are simply great, do post some more.

Thread Starter #23

First let me congratulate you for your first car. Have safe driving experience with new car. As you rightly said 1.6L engine may be good for this kind of cars.

Recently I was driving on NH4. We had friendly race between Ertiga belongs to my friend and mine SX4 diesel. Just to my surprise he couldn't accelerate his Ertiga beyond 120 kmph becuase engine felt stressed. But my SX4 was raring to go beyond 135kmph. ........
Thank you very much ManisBack , If you are talking about top speed then our driver managed to touch 165kmph mark and RPM was close to 4000. Ertiga is more focused towards Comfort , So i guess engine must be tuned for more comfy ride than power . Even Linea has same engine but feels lot different and RAW.

Congrats Abhiwar, nice narration with sound effects [clap].
Pics are simply great, do post some more.
Roger that.

Thread Starter #24
Photo Update

[:)] Today got a chance to click few interior shots. Although my beloved 50mm is not working properly ,still got some keepers.

Suzuki Tag

IMG_0081.jpg
A/c

IMG_0074.jpg

Gear Shifter [ bit under exposed shot ]

IMG_0088.jpg

[confused] what do we call this ..? stick..?

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

and finally Console

IMG_0100.jpg

@abhiwar, the console looks good man. It even tells you the temperature inside. Do you Distance to Empty warnings here?

Excellent quality of picture.

Thread Starter #26
@abhiwar, the console looks good man. It even tells you the temperature inside. Do you Distance to Empty warnings here?

Excellent quality of picture.
thank you , tonight am going for night photo shoot so will come up with few more snaps.

No there are no warning alarm/light for dist to empty . I clearly rember this because when we got our car there was hardly 5lrts of diesel in it yet there were no alarm . But on fuel gauge there is Yellow light which will lit as soon as you hit E mark on Fuel gauge.

Interior in B/w

IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent pictures buddy. I would suggest you to kindly polish your driving skills on a hatch (if you have one at home) or driving your own Ertiga on roads with minimal traffic. Furthermore, make sure you depress the clutch fully and do not ride on it. This is a common habit of new drivers and this may happen since the initial torque of Ertiga is comparatively higher than the cars you might have driven previously.

PS: Which cam are you using buddy? The pics are mindblowing.

Thread Starter #30
Excellent pictures buddy. I would suggest you to kindly polish your driving skills on a hatch (if you have one at home) or driving your own Ertiga on roads with minimal traffic. Furthermore, make sure you depress the clutch fully and do not ride on it. This is a common habit of new drivers and this may happen since the initial torque of Ertiga is comparatively higher than the cars you might have driven previously.

PS: Which cam are you using buddy? The pics are mindblowing.
Thank you akash .

I think after 3000kms i am very much comfortable driving into city . Please elaborate your " Furthermore, make sure you depress the clutch fully and do not ride on it. This is a common habit of new drivers ." Lines . Thank you once again .

Top Bottom