Music System for Ritz VDi

The difference in price must be the grey and white products.
One has warrenty and the other doesnt.
though if the seller gives warrenty , its at risk since he may argue at that point of time.

Speakers , one can get in grey as the reason the company is gonna say is too much dust and water and they can prove them

for amp , its our luck. grey and white as so called are manufactured at same place!!!!

Thread Starter #17
Thanks friends,

What's your suggestion about the combination? Is it really good as I mentioned earlier(gut-wrenching bass to knock off the people on the road. Is Pioneer music system is cheaper than JBL? Is damping required for doors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes JBL too is a good brand , go ahead with them if you like it. I think Pioneer also costs the same.

Damping maybe required if your doors vibrate due to subwoofer effect.

Thread Starter #19
how much i cost for damping (4 doors) ?
tell me more about the speakers i said earlier ?
Is it effective ( They said a home theatre effect ? And i get good bass tooo.....
If I use amp the effect like bass tube . Is it correct ?
Can I use 15" or 14" inch alloy wheels ? For each size which tyre size i can use .....

Damping cost you have to wait for Ilango to reply! And about alloys and tyres please create a separate thread in the appropriate section.

wurth damping Pad cost 3400 a pack .
installation can be done free.

dynamat cost 8000 + for a car.

What is so called effect?
installers say the effect will be nice , did you ask them what they mean.

sound is different to each one.
the products are selected and tuned accordingly.
some need bass , some need treble .

Hope most of them are like me , i need heavy bass with clear voice with no compensation in music too!!

Thread Starter #22
Thank you for ur suggetions .yes ilango i need beat and bass and i also like fast number musics.
The technician told me i get good bass even if not connected through amp. Is damping necessary for this speakers?
It need expertise ?

damping needed for cancellation of minute road noise as well as vibrations.

imagine a normal drum set up.
the one where the drummer plays with leg is bass and it goes in sub woofer
and the one which he plays in hand with stick , goes in woofer that is normal speaker/co ax/ comps etc.

So beat and bass as you need , needs amp and subwoofer.
without amp what you get is beat and bass in unimaginary way.

Thread Starter #24
Thanks ilango,

Recently I visited one dealer and he suggested me if I spend around 20 k for music system,Use Pioneer 2din-6050 around 9.5k, and Auditor component speaker in door pads (One pair cost 5k), He said JBL speaker performance is not good as earlier and now it's makes in China. And he told damping is must and cost 3k for 4 doors.
Can you give your opinion please. And I also expect some experiences from who using JBL and Auditor. I am waiting for your valuable feedback.

auditor better than jbl for sure.

component work well with a amplifier.

Jbl is budget branded one. also it has performance product ranging from 50k to 1L , but generally at this budget people dont opt jbl.

Auditor has 3 component.
5 inch one , 2 way
6.5 inch , 2 way and 3 way
5 and 6.5 inch 2 way must be 5K with 140 and 180 watt respectively
6.5 inch 3 way is 250 watt must cost roughly around 8k

Damping 3k for 4 door means , he will damp only the cut portion inside the door.

Thread Starter #26
Thanks ilango,
My budget is now around 20k, I like to buy good 2din system and good speakers for door pad (as u said early no parcel tray).I like fast number musics.Can u suggest one good combination with approximate price.Is damping is essential? Later as second stage I wish to add one 4 channel amp.Now my major concern is system and speakers.
What meant by 2/3way speakers?Pondichery is far away from here unless ......
Can any one suggest a good delaer in kochi/kottayam

Thread Starter #27
One of my well wisher give me this combination ur comments please
Pioneer 6050UB Dual Din
(Front Stage)Morel Maximo 6 Components - Rs.6000/-
(Rear Stage)SoundStream Rubicon RBC-6 Components - Rs.4750/-

Thread Starter #28
Agian confusion...
My family need a parcel tray.
I have one pair PIONEER SPEAKER(3WAY COAXIAL-350WATTS 4 OHMS-TS-A6971E).
Can I use this for my new vehicle ?
Now I thinking of a Good HU ,Front compnent speaker and a 4 channel amp (If i can connect it to my old speaker) or two channel amp for front speakers.
My budgete is 20k now.
Gurus, I expect ur valuable suggetions please...

Hi sbtrajesh,

Congrats on your ritz [clap], do update us on your booking experience and your ownership review as you put on the miles. I'm no expert but having gone through the thread, this is what i'd do if i were in your place:

Head Unit: JBL GT-X333. It comes at a great VFM price and the features too are just what you need to build your system. Budget around 4.5k

Front Stage: You can choose between JBL, Auditor, Illusion, etc. (4k to 7.5k)

Amp: You can choose between Auditor, JBL (GT5), Pioneer (?). A 4channel amp is desirable as you can use it to for future upgrades. Choose the one that comes where you can direct only bass to the rear channels.

Rear Speakers:
It'd be great if you can recycle an older pair of ovals from before. If you can't then, JBL, Illusion, Auditor are the brands to look out here.

Amp wiring: Go in for a branded fuse and quality wiring. You get good VFM cables from a company called MDR Electronics. They sell under the MX brand name.

MDF rings: for your front speakers
MDF tray: for the oval speakers in the rear

Damping: get the front doors damped for now.

The plan:
Mount the components on the front doors. Wire them to the front channels of the amp. The rear ovals, mount them on the mdf parcel tray. Wire them to the rear channels and ask your installer to tune it such that only the bass is sent to them (acting like mini woofers)

Get a good installer who'll be gentle with your new car and who'll use a coupler to avoid ruining the warranty amongst other things.

Also, while equipment brought through the official channels is always desirable, do ask around for reliable grey-market dealers. This should help keep things under budget for you.

Phew! Sorry about that long post. Hope it didn't confuse you. Do double check the above information with the more knowledgeable members on the forum.

Good luck :)

Thread Starter #30
Thank you girish.

And expect more suggestions from gurus. Please.

Top Bottom