Mumbai Winter Meet & Farewell [Pictures Added]

Thread Starter #16
Re: Mumbai Winter Meet & Farewell

Well Like Rajeev i am also not a guy of less words

The Mumbai Carnama meet was the first ever automotive meet that i had attended in my life. Before the Mumbai Carnama i was always in search of automotive meets completely unaware about the fact that TAI had its own meets but a big thanks to the Chaava of our group Storme911 (Mukul) who sent me a Personal Message informing about the Carnama.

The Mumbai Carnama presented me with the an opportunity to know and become friends with a one of the best people i have known in my life. Each and every person who i interacted in the meet is special in his own way.

After the Carnama i was really eager for another meet but again the importance of a carnama is that it should have atleast a gap of 2 months in between. I was waiting eagerly for the 2nd Carnama meet but as time passed we were busy in our own set of work and it was difficult for us to find a time in our busy schedule for part 2 but then came the big news for us. Our senior forum member Mr Rajeev aka Raj_5004 is migrating to Dubai permanently. "So meet toh banta hai boss".
Again it was difficult for people to find time in their busy schedule but it was Mr Rajeev's farewell and time had to be made.
So After a lot of discussion an our watsapp group we finally decided the date 19th January 2014 for the farewell. Now the big question mark was where to go. With about 15 people on the list the choices were a lot so again after final discussions two options were selected
1) Persian Darbar :- Known for its Rann Biryani and other Moghlai speciality
2) Global Fusion:- A well known place for some exotic starters indian,chinese and speciality in sushi.

I had the good fortunes of visiting Global Fusion which one of my colony friends had introduced to me and had really loved the food and the ambience. unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit Persian Darbar but had heard a lot of it From RAJA. For me both the Options were good enough. But as people from the group had already tried Persian Darbar they were more keen on Global Fusion.

Now on a special note i would like to thank each and every one who made it to the meet for the Lunch because Global Fusion is a pretty expensive joint where the Price is 1000 Rs for a person so would really like to thank them for having trust in me and willing to spend that much at a place on just my word.

Rest of the details is very well given by Rajeev and would not write or comment on that.

Now a special Thanks to the following people.

Raja: He is the Director of our group. If there is one guy who can bring out the talent of a person it is this guy. He makes us do stuff that he is confident that we can do even when we doubt our selves.

Nigel: A very professional photographer who brings out life in even a dead object through his photography. Above you can see the examples of the work. Frankly the ambience of the hotel did not look that good with our own eyes than in the Pictures above.

Would also like to thank each and every one who made it to the meet ( Rajeev, Deepam, JohnyBoy, Keith, Mukul) to remove some time from their busy schedule and made it a point to come and be a part of this small yet wonderful meet. Also a big thanks to Pankaj ( SilverLxnano) to come and meet us for some time even if he had some other priorities.

Missed a lot were Ravi, Prashant, Vikalp, Pankaj and Gauresh who unfortunately could not make it to the meet due to some prior commitments.

On a Final note it was not something big to organise a meet like this. It was just a few phone calls here and there nothing much about it. It is just a very small effort taken for a big reward of meeting everyone. [;)]

Great. So now Mumbai has become MEETing point of TAI. Meetings at very regular intervals. Great to know that you guys had fun there.

The photo session is really colorful and imaginative. Whomever came-up with that idea, hats off to him.

Looking forward to meet all you guys soon in Pune if possible.

Guys it was like always great time spend . The occasion was special as our founder member / ex moderator of TAI raj_5004 is migrating to UAE for greener pastures .

Sandykudva did all the organization part of booking the special section at global fusion so full credits to him .

The meet will be colorless and without any jaaz if nickandre is not present . A big shout to him for his amazing camera work , and his energy is just infectious .

Special thanx to johnyboy a non stop laughter producing machine with his extremely witty
And spontaneous comments and jokes .

Jarpickle , storme911, cruiser are pillars of every Mumbai meet one just can't imagine a Mumbai meet without this awesome and lovely guys .

silverlxnano thanx for your kind gesture , inspite of you being busy you came to wish raj and meet all of us [

Hope the guys who missed this time make up for the next time .

And all the super super best wishes to raj_5004 for his future plans . I wish you all the great success and happiness .

Last edited:

Couldn't make it this time due to some personal commitments..nice pics guys [clap]
Wish Raj_5004 success in his future Endeavors!!

Always fun to be with this gang. Had a wonderful afternoon.
Big shout to NickAndre, his camera and Raja. The team of these 3 can make guys like us look good in photos.

Wishing Raj Sheikh all the best in test driving latest models of camels. Please do remember to bring lot of chocolates when you come for visit/vacation (and biscuits for Deepam).

Oh man what a meet it was, fun fun and all fun.
We had a great time with eachother.
Special thanks to SandyKudva for organising a meet and the venue, it is one of the best restaurants i have ever visited and what a food they had, simply amazing varities from over the world.
How can we forget our cameraman Nickandre who is best at the lens and even makes all of us look better and a great guy too.
And our director Raja, the different concepts he brings for the meet and photos is just amazing.
Johnny Johnny yes papa, the funkara of our group and what a person, no one can go wrong with him and if you spend sometime with him i am sure you will keep all your tensions and stress aside and just be relaxed and refreshed.

Everyone else are the pillars of the meets, without them the meet feels incomplete.
Thanks to Storme911, Raj_5004, Jarpickle for making this meet a great experience in all.
And thanks to Pankaj who took the effort to atleast just come and meet us.

Wish Raj all the luck and great success with his future in dubai and hope he finds his (eeessshhhqqq) love of lfe very soon.

And ya i think we have made a habbit of making each meet better than before...

Last edited:
Super like snaps.

Hey Raj, All the best for future.

Damn, desperately I wanted to be part of this meet, to wish Raj in person and also to catch up with everyone, but due to prior commitments I was out of town.

Will surely miss Raj's trademarked "Cheel" comments. Take care and be in contact.

Yet again superb time with you all guys.[clap]

Enjoyed each and every moment of this meet.

i didn't know that there is such a great place 'GLOBAL FUSION' which is just 10 minutes away from my home.

Had superb variety of food at Global fusion.Was so full that i didn't had my dinner that day

Previously Mr.Dharmesh left for Australia and now our other senior member Mr.Raj is off to dubai,i feel he got his best farewell ever, i don't think you will forget this meet ever

Big thanks to sandykudva for selecting such awesome venue, sir you are chava i m "saadha aadmi"

Silverxnano i appreciate you for taking out time for us and coming for meet.

Nickandre-Boy oh boy! you have made us look so cool with your camera,hatts off

A special thanks to Raja ,jarpickle ,Deepam,Jonnyboy for making this meet successful and great experience in all.

Best of Luck Raj
i hope you gift us some gold later[lol]

pics look amazing :eek:
straight out of a modelling shoot :D
seems you guys had a lot of fun and the cake looks mouthwatering :)

and seriously guys we should plan a TAI calender with such amazing pictures of cars, food and members alike. If someone could take the initiative and compile the best pics from various meet threads, we can have a colorful calender ready with lots of horsepower in no time :)

Top Bottom