Mumbai Winter Meet & Farewell [Pictures Added]

Thread Starter #1
After the huge success of the Mumbai Carnama in November a part 2 was in store for sure and the month of January had been decided for the same. All the plans were on when we received a very good news from one of our very own and senior members Raj_5004 ( Rajeev ) that he is planning on migrating to Dubai in the first week of February. So we thought why not use this as a small meet as well as a good farewell to our beloved friend and forum member Rajeev.

So we are planning a meet on the 19th January 2013 at around 1:30 PM at one of the famous restaurants Global Fusion located at Times Square in Andheri. Few Members will be meeting up at in the Central Suburbs and Few from Mumbai south.

People who wish to join please let us know. As we have to make reservation at the hotel. It is a Buffet lunch, the price of the buffet is approximately 1000 Rs a person which includes Starters, Beverages, Main Course and Deserts ( Unlimited ) . The Price is inclusive of all taxes.

Meet Date:19th January 2014

Venue: Global Fusion (Andheri)

Timing: 1:30 P.M

Last edited:
Re: Mumbai Winter Meet & Farewell

I am in!

Guys, I am moving to Dubai on a visit visa. I might be there for about 2-3 months and explore various job opportunities there. If something suits me (which hopefully will), I will settle down there.

I am sad that I am leaving behind the best city of the world - Mumbai and all my friends and family here. So, I was really delighted when I got to know that I would get to meet you guys before leaving. Looking forward to this meet, like no other meet before.

Thread Starter #3

List Of members confirmed so Far are

1.Raj_5004 (Rajeev)

2.Raja

3. Jarpickle ( Keith)

4. Cruiser ( Deepam )

5. Storme911 ( Mukul )

6. Nickandre ( Nigel )

7. Johny Boy

8.Vikalpll ( Vikalp )

9. Sandykudva

Oh!! Raj, I thought to meet some day, this is a bit suprise to me, I wish you all the best in your future assignment at Dubai[:)]

Thread Starter #5

So the Route for the Meet is as follows

Sandykudva, Cruiser & RaviB from south Mumbai meet up JohnyBoy, Raja, Vikalp, Nickandre opposite K Star Mall, Chembur Ambrosia Cafeat 12:45 PM.

All the members then proceed to meet Raj_5004 & Jarpickle at Amar mahal Shoppers Stop at 1:00 PM.

Then all the Member Head for Global Fusion where we meet rest of the Members i.e Storme911, Silverlxnano & Superbad at Global Fusion, Andheri at 1:30 PM.

Location Of Restaurant

Global Fusion
B 1, Times SquareTech Park,
Andheri Kurla Road,
Sakinaka Junction,
Andheri (East), Mumbai.

~ The Mumbai CarNama Group Returns ~
And this time, we are back with a bang!​

For those who have missed our CarNama meet, here it is -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mbai-meet-drive-experiences-pg-5-onwards.html

However, this is not a CarNama meet. CarNama meets are "special edition" meets. This was more of a purpose built meet. But that does not mean it will be anything less than special, right? After all, its a Mumbai meet held by Mumbaikars, so it has to be (yes, you guessed it) "hatke"!

Describe a Mumbaikar - he is enthusiastic, energetic, humourous and full of life. That is what reflects in a Mumbai meet too.

Coming to the meet, it was arranged on a relatively short notice. Without much ado, I will start with the pictures and narration. As always, the theme will be "less is more". In other words, more content per picture. Enjoy:

#1. The Usual Suspects:

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

Mumbai meets happen very frequently. And the best part is, most members join in every time. Reason is simple - Mumbaikars love having fun and we also love food. Meets combine both! Hence, you will see a lot of familiar faces in these pictures. A detailed pictorial view of each member will follow, so do not worry about whose who!

#2. The Venue:

Alright, the most important part of a meet is a good venue, because that is what decides how the meet will go. This meet was primarily a 'lunch meet' and it goes without a mention that good food is of prime importance. Ambience and the feel good factor cannot be left out either. So, this time we decided to head to GLOBAL FUSION.

collage1.jpg

Global Fusion is a multi cusine restaurant which serves unlimited buffet for a fixed price. More on my personal thoughts and comments will come later!

#3. Our special zone:

In a bid to be "hatke" every time, we did not want to be a part of the rest of the crowd in the restaurant. Of course, we had our own arena in the restaurant.

collage3.jpg

#4. The occasion:

Apart from indulging in some good food and automotive chat, this time there was another occasion - the farewell of raj_5004 (your's truly!). As said earlier in this thread, I am permanently leaving for Dubai and this would be one of my last regular meets with my friends in Mumbai. Of course, they were kind enough to bring a mouth watering cake for me followed by a cake cutting ceremony, if I may call it that.

collage7.jpg

#5. The gang in detail:

Last but not the least, we cannot be tired of posing for the camera. Introducing the gang of Mumbai CarNama -

collagedeepam.jpg
collagejohny.jpg
collagekeith.jpg
collagemukul.jpg
collagenigel.jpg
collageraja.jpg
collagerajeev.jpg
collagesandy1.jpg
pankajnathani.jpg

I hope you guys like the pics.

Credits time!​

• Special thanks to Sandy for initiating the meet and organizing everything.
  • A big thanks to our camera guy - Nigel. Without him, none of our meets would ever look so beautiful.
  • A huge applause to Raja for being the presenter of our meets. He is the person responsible behind the idea and presentation of our meets, our "behind-the-camera" guy.
  • Finally, a big personal shout out of thanks to all the members who joined in for the meet and also to bid farewell to me.

Last edited:

Oh !! That looks to be a very good(little bad as raj is leaving India) meet guys !!

Special appreciation for the person behind camera and the director of the shoot[clap]

I sincerely thought of trying to come for this meet secretly but due to my present situation(little disturbed with cervical spondylosis) I couldn't make it.

I wish you all the best Raj heart-fully and I personally did not like if some body says " permanently leaving for Dubai "

it was a wonderful meet, Special thanks to sandy for organizing stuff. Was the best ever food i have eaten in a while the sushi the lamb chops crabs etc. Being my second time on a meet i have realized you never will get bored with these guys, they either talk of food gadgets or crack jokes pull a leg and also have the automotive talks.
Raj and your civic will be missed dearly, all the very best to you hope you enjoyed the cake[lol]
Rather than thanking all individually and making the post big, a big thanks to all looking forward for the next meet with more members.

Last edited:

OMG the photo shoot seems to be taken in some studio.

Wonderful coverage as always. Best to luck Raj for future assignments.

Well, I am not really a man of few words!

19/01/2014 - Sunday morning!

I get up early in the morning and get dressed up, only to realize that the meet is at 13:30! Damn, I settle down to play some PC games. In between, I check the Mumbai TAI whatsapp group to see if there are any updates from other members. But there is none. Most of the members are coming in groups. But I am driving down solo as this place is just about 15 minutes away from my place. Finally, I message Raja and he informs me that they will be at the venue by 13:30. I leave home by 13:10 and I plan to take a shorter route which is a narrow bylane. Wrong decision! I am stuck behind a slow moving bus. By the time, I reach a main road, it is already 13:25 and I have only reached half way. No worries. It is a Sunday and roads are empty! And I am in a free revving petrol engine! Shift to Sports, dodge some rickshaws and I manage to reach the venue by 13:30 sharp.

Since I see nobody there, I drive inside the complex and park the car in the basement. I again call Raja to ask about everybody's whereabouts and they inform me that they will reach by 13:45 and ask me to meet Pankaj who is waiting outside. I meet Pankaj and his cute little Nano and we have a small chat about the Nano and the Alto 800.

As promised, Raja and group joins us in 10 minutes. Pankaj has some work and so he had to leave us, so Nigel took a quick pic of his. From there, we proceed inside and based on instructions from our director (Raja), the group poses and the cameraman (Nigel) clicks. Soon, our star (Deepam) shouts, "Ae chal na, khate hain na. Photu phir kheech lenge!". Translates to - let's eat guys, we can click pics after food. Point noted. We head towards the restaurant.

Now, as soon as I enter the restaurant, I am simple wowed by the ambience and setup. Without even tasting the food, I decided it is worth the money! Sandy (bhai) had reserved a nice exclusive (and covered) corner for us. We settled out. Again, the kind of customer service they showed was exemplary.

Coming to the food, though I am a vegetarian, I do occasionally relish fish. The list of stuff I tried in GF is so huge that it is difficult to keep count. They have a H-U-G-E variety of starters - Indian and Chinese. This was the first time I tasted Sushi and I loved it. The fish starters ordered by the non-veg guys were finger licking good. Even the selection for veg guys in main course was amazing. And not to mention, a wide variety of dessert choices.

Tip before going to GF - starve for atleast a day!

After we were done with the food, the cake was bought in with a very sweet message written on it, courtesy 'Johnnyboy'. The message of course is censored! Again, the cake from Ambrosia was mouth watering.

Finally, we exited the place and proceeded towards a last series of photoshoot! Whenever me and Raja meet, we always head to an electronics store. I show him good Android phones and he shows me good Windows phones a.k.a. Nokia Lumia. I was drooling over the Samsung Note3 but Raja managed to convince me that Lumia have better cameras. It is just that I cannot digest the WP user interface, else the Nokias are real VFM devices. I am a Samsung hater and a Sony lover. But Sony disappointed me with the Xperia Z1 and Samsung impressed me with the Note3. The latter will be my next phone, whenever I can afford it.

Moments of the day:

#1.

• Deepam is given a slice of cake.
  • Raja says, "Deepam, the cake is eggless, you can have it."
  • Deepam exclaims, "Arre, I eat egg!"
  • Johnyboy points to a waiter and says, "Bro, get him an egg!"
ROFL!

#2.

• We are inside Reliance digital store, checking out the iPad Air.
  • We see a white Polo passing by.
  • Sandy shouts, "Where is the valet taking me car???"
  • Both me and Raja calm him down, "Chill mate, that's not your car, it did not have a black roof"
  • Sandy sees an opportunity to make a quick buck.
  • He says, "Bet? 1000 bucks only."
  • Raja reluctantly agrees.
  • I back off. My pride is not worth 1000 bucks! (Guys with petrol A/T cars know the value of 1000 bucks!)
  • We go and check out and turns out Raja lost!

All in all, it was a great meet, as expected. The meet ended with good byes and 'best of luck' wishes for me.

Thank you guys. It was great meeting you guys before I leave.

Last edited:

Raj where is that other tag [lol]

We had a lot of fun as usual.

Thanks again Sandy for initiating the meet and a special thanks to Pankajsilverlxnano who made the journey just to meet us and bid Raj a farewell.Nigel and Raja the instrument and the director, you guys add that touch of glamour to our meets and make them what everyone sees and drools over.Great job [cheers]

What more do you want, great company and good food.Total paisa vasool.

Top Bottom