Mumbai Directory!

Thread Starter #1
In this thread, let us share the various garages, workshops, accessory shops, etc. that we have in Mumbai.

Please jot down your experiences if you have used their services.

It will be of much help to other Mumbaikars as well.

350Z

Core Team
Nice initiative. This can serve well for quick references only. But for comprehensive reviews / feedback, I would still recommend to create a new thread.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, I can name the Mahindra 1st Choice as doing a good job professionally and they are reasonable on the charges for service. They do all the cars and the workshop I do my work at is based in Thane, in kothari compound, near Tikuji ni wadi. In fact this Kothari compound has a lot more service stations and I think most of the cars can be serviced there.(I have stuck to Mahindra 1st choice but will not be averse to trying out others.)

Come on people from Mumbai [:)].

Really strange to see people are not contributing to this thread in particular which will help at least friends from Mumbai.

Or you never ventured out at all for any work [glasses]

Thread Starter #6
Ill do the honours -

Car detailing centres:-

* 3M Car Care, Borivali - Experienced their service

They do Car detailing services, 3M sun films, Meguairs detailing products, Car cover & neck cushion. I liked the professional way by which they handled my car. Attention to detail was fantastic, they dint leave a single corner or crevice, all the dust, dirt & muck was cleared out. Adequate parking with 4 covered bays to clean & details cars. Pressure wash, foam wash, detailing, etc. is done in one roof. Genuine branded 3M products are used. They dont use diesel to remove stains or tar marks.

BUT, pricing is a bit on the higher side. I would have preferred if the car was taken on a hoist & the underbody cleaned. Instead, they use a "L" shaped nozzle to clean the underbody. I could see that the suspension springs & the area around that was not clean. No other complaints.

Pricing depends on the package you choose.

All nooks & corners of my car was cleaned well. In the interiors, they just vacuum the floors & seats. Dust on the dashboard was not cleaned.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Bansi/Rekha
- Phone numbers: 9820700386/9920700386
- Postal Address: 3M Car Care, Shop No. 2 to 7, Aditya Building, A-1 Extension, Chikuwadi, New Link Road, Borivali (W), Mumbai - 92.

* Concepto Carz Spa - Experienced their service

They can be actually called as "budget" car detailers!

They offer complete packages for car exterior / interior detailing which includes waxing, ozone treatment, steam cleaning, nano treatment, etc. They will also do piecemeal jobs like exterior body wash with underbody.

They are complete value for money. Their charges start from Rs. 350 for exterior cleaning! The equipment (tools, cleaning liquids, waxes etc.) that they use are all branded. Situated in a nice place (Hiranandani, Thane) with adequate parking & no traffic!

Workmanship though good but not the best. They cleaned my car very well but left some places like the inner spokes of alloys. I would have appreciated that attention to detail. But for the price, you cant ask for more! Also, pressure washing is done in a different place & you have to drive your wet car back to the store for wiping.

Pricing is cheapest among all the other reputed brands. They charge around Rs. 350 for complete exterior wash with underbody, Rs. 950 for exterior + interior package, Rs. 1200 for exterior protection treatment, etc.

I have got my car exterior cleaned from them. I have seen my friend's cars detailed by them a couple of times.

Contact Information-

- Name of the contact person: Shardul
- Phone numbers: 9004091219 / 25316060
- Postal Address: Shop no-9, Avila building, Hiranandani Estate, G B Road, Thane (W)

* Ron & Walters - Never been there

Got a pamphlet from a car detailing outlet named Ron & Walters. They are located in Andheri which is pretty close to my place.

They do interior/exterior detailing & the normal paint renovation/polish, etc.

Details can be found here -

ron & walters

Ron and Walters

It looks pretty expensive to me though & maybe a good place for premium cars.

Thread Starter #7
Painting/denting

Ravi Auto garage, Chandivali/Powai - 9920516907/9833703027/9869516907

This is a very small workshop but their rates are economical & quality of work is good. My office is very close to that, so you can come over & see my car to see their work.

Please note that this is based on just my personal experience with my two cars, Innova & Punto.

V-KOOL Sun Films:
V-KOOL films India Pvt. Ltd.
484, Sangharka House, Opp, Marwadi School, Next to Kotak Mahindra Bank,
Opera House, Mumbai - 400004.
Tel : 02223800128 / 9967668855 / 9987655725

Auto Looks
From Sun Films to all accessories.
Shop No. 11/12, Vardhaman Vatika Bldg,Opp. Tatvagyan VidyaPith,
GhodBunder Road, Thane (West) - 400607.
Tel : 02225891727 / 9323938189

Thread Starter #10
V Kool authorised outlet in Prabhadevi:

Mr. Sahni - 66634615 / 61611312

Address: 2, Siddhi Prabha, Opp Ravindra Natya Mandir, Sayani Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025

Hi,
Many many Thanks for these valuable Information for a person like me who shift from Trivandrum to Nerul and owns a new car. I am just searching for these information.
Nitin,

I am sure you would get relevant information in here. Also I would request to update this thread periodically if you find any information related to this thread.

After all, you have shifted from Trivandrum and have a NEW car [;)]

Thread Starter #13
Sunil is an awesome guy. I have not had first hand experience but as far as I have heard, he is very good in his work & is very honest. He also maintains Gautam Singhania's imported cars. His workshop's name is Select Auto Garage.

You can contact him on 24149910 or 9322232627.

Address: 12/A, Dadasaheb Phalke Marg, Dadar East, Mumbai-400 014.

Its in the lane that starts from NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology). Drive into this lane and look for the yellow gate on the right, thats his garage.

Any specific reviews for carnation mumbai?
Asking this because i have complimentary coupons with the HDFC motor insurance.
Considering this as a new vehicle any minor problems would be covered by mahindra's A.S.S.
So with these coupons is it worth to go all the way to chembur to encash those coupons?

Top Bottom